P500 Trail plowing question

U

uncyboo

Nov 23, 2016
Shelby, Montana
Ownership

1. 500
Thats cold! I went jogging this morning for 6 miles. It was 5 degrees.
Gets cold up here on the high line. Fairly typical. Would tell you that you can get used to it and that's true till the wind starts. I don't think anyone can get used to 15 below and 30 - 35 MPH wind. Brutal.

Reactions: trigger
tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I haven't read every answer, but I do a lot of plowing on gravel and black top. I too have some trails that I lift my plow on just to they don't get too deep for my machine to clear. If I were trying to accomplish more extensive trail maintenance like the original post mentioned, I would look to make some sort of a drag. Once snow has been moved it will harden up relatively quickly. So drag it, and let it set overnight. Plowing with your blade up a few inches shouldn't be any problem (I do it), but the drag should accomplish your task better IMHO. You could make the drag in a manner so as not get hung up on the side brush by making a "V" attachment to your machine.

Mandryk

Mandryk

Jan 6, 2017
Ontario, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the advice.
I found that my trails are very uneven and the blade dips and catches so I have to keep it 8" above the ground so it will take off the top of a big snowfall. What has worked best for me is to drag 3 tires in a pyramid pattern. Works like a charm and they were free!!!
Cheers

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thanks for the advice.
I found that my trails are very uneven and the blade dips and catches so I have to keep it 8" above the ground so it will take off the top of a big snowfall. What has worked best for me is to drag 3 tires in a pyramid pattern. Works like a charm and they were free!!!
Cheers
The tire idea sounds like a winner to me.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!