P1000 transmission issue?

C

cord_v

Oct 18, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Recently I was spot spraying and after about two hours of traveling at around 5 mph the transmission wouldn’t shift and the power steering wouldn’t work. The power steering light would come on. It never flashed a code, just was on steady. The speed odometer would remain at zero. The machine has two brand new batteries with an isolator. The voltage never got under 14. The engine temp was at two bars. It’s tuned with Florida cracker tunes. The machine is a 2019 1000-5. I tried to remedy the problem by shutting the machine off then turning it back on, that didn't work. If I let it sit for about 30 minutes then it would work fine. Anyone ever have this issue or know the cause and have a solution?

IMG 3791

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Take the tune out of it and try it.
Soumds like u smoked the clutches tho.
What size tires u running? Full Pics of the rig would help ease and appreciated. Thank you

Reactions: Blownzuki
C

cord_v

Oct 18, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I don’t think the clutches are smoked. It all seems to be running fine after it cools down. I had the same issue last year without a tube and in stock wheels and tires. The new tires and wheels are Tusk Terrabites 28x10.00R14. I have not checked the grounds, but will pull them and make sure they are clean.

IMG 3561

Remington

Remington

Fife! POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hello_Darkness

Hello_Darkness

Jun 6, 2024
Just to the right of nowhere
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
The only thing that ties the power steering and transmission together is vehicle speed.

The P.S and shifting both rely on vehicle speed to operate properly. Did you happen to notice if the speedometer was working after it started acting up?

C

cord_v

Oct 18, 2020
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The only thing that ties the power steering and transmission together is vehicle speed.

The P.S and shifting both rely on vehicle speed to operate properly. Did you happen to notice if the speedometer was working after it started acting up
The speedometer stayed at zero when the issue is going on.