P1000 Transmission issues

H

Hoode_68

Dec 26, 2016
Connersville Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm having a transmission problem when I started up on the display on the dash it shows a (_) but it is in park I put it in reverse it still shows a (_) I put it in neutral The dash shows reverse I put it in h it shows it's in neutral I put it in Low it says it's in high The transmission is in the right gears but the display is not reading properly there has to be an electronic sensor in the transmission that tells it what gear it is in for the display

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Reactions: AKRider
H

Hoode_68

Dec 26, 2016
Connersville Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Yes I know what you're saying. The computer needs to relearn. Try this procedure but again do it in a timely manner it might take two or three times to get it right but do this first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

H

Hoode_68

Dec 26, 2016
Connersville Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yes I know what you're saying. The computer needs to relearn. Try this procedure but again do it in a timely manner it might take two or three times to get it right but do this first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
OK I'll try here in a little bit and let you know how it turns out thank you very much for the help

AKRider

AKRider

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 31, 2016
Palmer, Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What CP said. You need to perform the steps very quickly. It took me about 6 times to get it right when I did it.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!