Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Ya I’ll take the VIN to my dealer and see. Might be wise to just take the engine to them while I have it out and let them do that part
I don’t think they’ll do that unless you’re really good friends with the dealership

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya I’ll take the VIN to my dealer and see. Might be wise to just take the engine to them while I have it out and let them do that part

I believe that VIN is black listed...

If you’re that deep into it you’re more than capable of doing the update if Honda won’t.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
@Greasemonkey

2019 Honda Pioneer 1000 (SXS1000M5L A) SOLENOID VALVE | Babbitts Honda Partshouse

If the update hasn't been done, you might want to go ahead and do it while it's apart.
You will need #1, #8, #21 and I would also get every bolt in that assembly. The bolts are really soft and stretch easy plus I know they have been in and out several times. If you use a torque wrench on them, double check the In# to Nm conversion in the manual. I've have found them to be off on some and the Nm setting or lowest is what you want to use.

The #1 clutch update housing adds a lot of oil cooling to the outer clutch. It was a free update through Honda and you might be able to still get it free if you have a good dealer.

Most of that machines problems were burning up clutches until the boot came off and trashed a cylinder.
I think the boot was probably really loose from day one. It would help explain the frequency of which the clutches went out. They always lasted longer in the snowy or wet months, considerably less in dusty months.

Greasemonkey

Greasemonkey

Nov 4, 2019
Middleton idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Greasemonkey

2019 Honda Pioneer 1000 (SXS1000M5L A) SOLENOID VALVE | Babbitts Honda Partshouse

If the update hasn't been done, you might want to go ahead and do it while it's apart.
You will need #1, #8, #21 and I would also get every bolt in that assembly. The bolts are really soft and stretch easy plus I know they have been in and out several times. If you use a torque wrench on them, double check the In# to Nm conversion in the manual. I've have found them to be off on some and the Nm setting or lowest is what you want to use.

The #1 clutch update housing adds a lot of oil cooling to the outer clutch. It was a free update through Honda and you might be able to still get it free if you have a good dealer.

Most of that machines problems were burning up clutches until the boot came off and trashed a cylinder.

just got off the phone with the dealer and they will do that as well as the other three recalls on it but I have to have it running first‍♂️Makes sense for me to go through and reseal the trans just for them to have to pull it apart again right?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I figured they’d want it running so they can check it and do the relearn process. It’s just the back cover they have to pull pretty fast and easy.
Being your in Idaho this time of year you might want to see if they’ll leave the “cabin comfort” off and just hand it to you for summer. That heat is nice right now.

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
just got off the phone with the dealer and they will do that as well as the other three recalls on it but I have to have it running first‍♂️Makes sense for me to go through and reseal the trans just for them to have to pull it apart again right?
Did you give them the VIN to reference for the updates?

Greasemonkey

Greasemonkey

Nov 4, 2019
Middleton idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Knowing it was black listed for the previous owner, I hope they can push it thru for all updates and recalls.
Push the dealer to do the updates and then call into Honda for authorization.
They already told me they would do it as per VIN. I don’t believe it got blacklisted. Probably just a dealer being stupid about warranty work

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!