Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
How about the back story for the people who doesn't have a clue? Like me
It’s a loooooong story. That machine was given absolutely everything, more money and time then most. Lost a lot. Best I can hope for is this time is different.
Cumminspusher-the New Ride

Greasemonkey

Greasemonkey

Nov 4, 2019
Middleton idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I could tell the second I saw it it had a ton of aftermarket stuff. I gutted everything that they hadn’t already. It’s getting a new dash even to get rid of the holes they put in it. I’m really not super concerned with it. Would it surprise anybody for me to suspect insurance fraud on it? I found evidence of ATF in the crankcase.......

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Anyone want to give me a back story?
Well... it went through clutches no matter what, has aftermarket clutches in it. We tried everything. @snuffnwhisky which is a f***ing magic man got some fit up trying to help. I’m sure it was because of the intake hose being loose from factory and allowing dirt in. Found this out when it started smoking real bad. Took out #1 cylinder. It needs bored out and oversized rings. That god damned thing aimed itself at anything it could to wreck itself, I swear it was a devil machine. 4500 from payoff on it had to be transferred into my new machine, I’m still paying for it.
Had one before it that was flawless but it took on water before that was a known problem, it was #2 now on #3 and it’s been solid. Your machine is one of the most well known machines out there, put everything into it, beyond most. Nearly left Pioneer because of it.
Didn’t think it would ever show back up, so I apologize. I’ll help with what I can Pm me please.

advertisement
Greasemonkey

Greasemonkey

Nov 4, 2019
Middleton idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like I said I already got it running. As soon as I get parts we should be able to get it back together. It came with a brand new set of plastics, bumper, stuff like that. I have to pull the engine back out to seal it up and will borescope the cylinders, check bottom end, clean out the clutches and service every serviceable item on it. I’m not as worried as most might be

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Like I said I already got it running. As soon as I get parts we should be able to get it back together. It came with a brand new set of plastics, bumper, stuff like that. I have to pull the engine back out to seal it up and will borescope the cylinders, check bottom end, clean out the clutches and service every serviceable item on it. I’m not as worried as most might be
Not sure where she’s been the last two years and never thought it would show back up but that is so good to hear!

tjoreo

tjoreo

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2015
Southern Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Now I'm kind of sorry that I didn't let this thread just die. I was just trying to help a local guy out. @CumminsPusher is the one of the resident gurus on here and one hell of a guy, when I talk about him to my local pioneer guys its always "that guy up north" did this, or that. I'm guessing if it could have been fixed he would have done it but, I wish you luck @Greasemonkey. Keep us posted.

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Well... it went through clutches no matter what, has aftermarket clutches in it. We tried everything. @snuffnwhisky which is a f***ing magic man got some fit up trying to help. I’m sure it was because of the intake hose being loose from factory and allowing dirt in. Found this out when it started smoking real bad. Took out #1 cylinder. It needs bored out and oversized rings. That god damned thing aimed itself at anything it could to wreck itself, I swear it was a devil machine. 4500 from payoff on it had to be transferred into my new machine, I’m still paying for it.
Had one before it that was flawless but it took on water before that was a known problem, it was #2 now on #3 and it’s been solid. Your machine is one of the most well known machines out there, put everything into it, beyond most. Nearly left Pioneer because of it.
Didn’t think it would ever show back up, so I apologize. I’ll help with what I can Pm me please.
You didn't have the clutch update done on that one did you?

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
No worries @tjoreo. It’s actually kind of nice knowing the back story. If I knew how to post a video I’d post the one I have of it running last week
Posting vids isn’t too bad. Gotta YouTube it then share link

snuffnwhisky

snuffnwhisky

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 21, 2016
Cullman, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
@Greasemonkey

2019 Honda Pioneer 1000 (SXS1000M5L A) SOLENOID VALVE | Babbitts Honda Partshouse

If the update hasn't been done, you might want to go ahead and do it while it's apart.
You will need #1, #8, #21 and I would also get every bolt in that assembly. The bolts are really soft and stretch easy plus I know they have been in and out several times. If you use a torque wrench on them, double check the In# to Nm conversion in the manual. I've have found them to be off on some and the Nm setting or lowest is what you want to use.

The #1 clutch update housing adds a lot of oil cooling to the outer clutch. It was a free update through Honda and you might be able to still get it free if you have a good dealer.

Most of that machines problems were burning up clutches until the boot came off and trashed a cylinder.

Greasemonkey

Greasemonkey

Nov 4, 2019
Middleton idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ya I’ll take the VIN to my dealer and see. Might be wise to just take the engine to them while I have it out and let them do that part

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!