P1000 Transmission Shifting

ElmerFudd

ElmerFudd

Jul 19, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Bought machine last Nov. only put bout 250 miles on it. Once last fall while starting to accelerate, right after shifting to Low, it banged and then engaged. It has done it twice this spring. Always seem fine after it engages?? Shifter seems a little stiff trying to get into Low?? Any ideas. Still under warranty.

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My first thought is, are you shifting into Low range when completely stopped, and not moving? If you are not aware of it, don't shift into Low range, or shift into or out of 4wd while moving.

ElmerFudd

ElmerFudd

Jul 19, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No completely stopped. Hill start seems to work okay most of the time. But there has been a couple times when you wait for the light to come on then take your foot off the brake and on the accelerator it bangs??

S

Someguy

Jun 15, 2016
Krakow Wi.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
No completely stopped. Hill start seems to work okay most of the time. But there has been a couple times when you wait for the light to come on then take your foot off the brake and on the accelerator it bangs??
It might be a adjustment issue.. If it was me I would take it back to the dealer, especially if it's under warranty. That way if something break's, you have it documented. To expensive machine to fix on you own when you have a warrenty.JMHO

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Place shifter in neutral. Should have exact same freeplay above and below neutral position. Book says somewhere around 2mm but that's hard to measure accurately. Adjustment procedure is in manual chapter 12 I believe. Access is under a panel below factory battery.

Reactions: drfubar
Tundra20

Tundra20

Supporting Member
Oct 14, 2018
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Bought machine last Nov. only put bout 250 miles on it. Once last fall while starting to accelerate, right after shifting to Low, it banged and then engaged. It has done it twice this spring. Always seem fine after it engages?? Shifter seems a little stiff trying to get into Low?? Any ideas. Still under warranty.

Mine has done this as well couple weeks ago but has not done it Since I would not worry to much as long as it’s not acting werird these rigs are noisy put some miles on it

drfubar

drfubar

TheDonFather
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 7, 2016
Mary's Ridge (Dayton Mtn), TN
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Mine did it too after a couple thousand miles. Like @Delton said, adjustment is all that's needed.

ElmerFudd

ElmerFudd

Jul 19, 2015
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Okay, I will check adjustment. Thanks for everyones help.

Delton

Delton

Honda Fanboy
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 6, 2016
Middle TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Need to stay on top of that. Doesn't take much grinding or popping out of gear to round off those dogs. They just barely engage each other as it is.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!