Trek the Mighty Mac 9/30/2017

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date

Are you planning on Trekking the Mighty Mac?

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 3748

The date for this year's ride is set for Sept. 30. Last year's ride was on the same weekend as opening day for bow season and attendance was down a bit. I'll add to this post as more information comes out. Hope to see you there!

Here's the thread from last year. Michigan - Trek the Mighty Mac - 10/1/2016

Registration is already open! Trek The Mighty Mac & Expo (Mackinac Bridge ATV Crossing) :: St. Ignace Visitors Bureau

Trekkers and Mackinaw City arrival time (trying to organize a meet up and drop-off):
@PistonHonda - Anytime after 4PM
@Remington - Anytime after 4PM
@trigger - Anytime after 5PM
@906UP - Arriving Saturday morning.
Eric and Tammy (from PoPo forums) - They're in and 5-6 time is okay.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Michigander
D

Deleted member 3748

I just sent an email and asked how we can register as a group for this year's crossing, which gets us lined up towards the front and allows us to hang a banner. @Hondasxs may want to provide a banner or we can make our own for the Michigan Regulators! :) I know @Remington will be there, and I will be there. How about @trigger , @utvmi , @906UP , @aprils_fool , @skidooby , @Plumber32 , @Nascar ?

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I just sent an email and asked how we can register as a group for this year's crossing, which gets us lined up towards the front and allows us to hang a banner. @Hondasxs may want to provide a banner or we can make our own for the Michigan Regulators! :) I know @Remington will be there, and I will be there. How about @trigger , @utvmi , @906UP , @aprils_fool , @skidooby , @Plumber32 , @Nascar ?
Sounds like a grand idea there Piston.;)

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'll say....maybe.... that is opening day of the deer-archery season

D

Deleted member 3748

it is? They made that mistake last year and attendance was down. They have it earlier this year to avoid that mistake. But apparently not early enough.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
it is? They made that mistake last year and attendance was down. They have it earlier this year to avoid that mistake. But apparently not early enough.
Opening day of bow season is October 1. I'm a bow hunter but I have all the way till November 14 to get out there more than enough times. So I think I can miss the first two days. Are used to go to those days but it's too damn hot anymore

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

I'll be there. Should I be reserving a room now or what? And where exactly?

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

Opening day of bow season is October 1. I'm a bow hunter but I have all the way till November 14 to get out there more than enough times. So I think I can miss the first two days. Are used to go to those days but it's too damn hot anymore
That's good news. People can ride Saturday and hunt Sunday.

We'll be staying in St. Ignace and probably the same hotel as last year. They have a nice, big parking lot. The rooms haven't been updated in decades but it's right on the water. I'll get the info from my old lady and post it later. :D

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That's good news. People can ride Saturday and hunt Sunday.

We'll be staying in St. Ignace and probably the same hotel as last year. They have a nice, big parking lot. The rooms haven't been updated in decades but it's right on the water. I'll get the info from my old lady and post it later. :D
Is it called the no tell hotel? Lol

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Correction..... I saw last yrs date and thought it was on Sun the 1st this yr. Since the ride is Sat Sep 30th I'm in, along w the wife & daughter on quads, so long as my work schedule cooperates.

D

Deleted member 3748

Correction..... I saw last yrs date and thought it was on Sun the 1st this yr. Since the ride is Sat Sep 30th I'm in, along w the wife & daughter on quads, so long as my work schedule cooperates.
wooooo. Maybe 6 is enough for a group. The lady said she's going to find out how many and get back to me.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Anyone have a contact to make flags at a decent cost? I'm a looking!

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 3748

Hey.
Would love to support you guys. I would be glad to cover the cost of a co-branded banner with HondaSxS and the Michigan Regulators.
Just let me know how I can help. Thanks.

Sent from my HTC6545LVW using Tapatalk
That's awesome @Hondasxs ! First let me find out how many machines it takes to make a group. I can easily find banner makers. We can't fly flags on our machines during the ride, but we can hang the banner where we're parked and get several hours of display time.

D

Deleted member 3748

Looks like we have a convoy.....

I might be able to talk a friend into going as well but he's riding a Polaris.....he'll have to be in the back :D
I brought two Polaris guys on our last ride. I don't think @Remington and @trigger are too mad at me.

D

Deleted member 3748

I'll be there. Should I be reserving a room now or what? And where exactly?
This is where we stayed last year and we just made reservations for the 29th and 30th. We stay on the Penthouse level... no joke.

K-Royale Lakefront Inn

The K-Royale

This is a photo looking out of the penthouse suite. The rooms go all the way through so each room opens on to the water.

DSCN6393

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!