Trek the Mighty Mac 9/30/2017

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date

Are you planning on Trekking the Mighty Mac?

• Yes

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • No

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • Maybe

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 3748

This is the reply about going as a group.
Hi Seth,

The Trek committee met last week, and this was one of their topics of discussion. What they said was that if an ATV club helps with the event they can be at the front of the line as a group. However, no banners are allowed, and each individual driver would have to register themselves and their passengers; you can’t register as a group. The contact person to arrange to help is Mike Maves; his email is: XXXX. You can contact him for further info!

I don't see much benefit to being a group. All of us that are going should meet up on Friday and drop off our machines at the same time. That way we park and ride together. If we show up at different times, we'll be all over the place.

Let me know if you guys want to help out with the event and get moved up to the front.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Whaaaaat? Are you too fancy for the K-Royale? :D Is the Breakers one of the shuttle stops? It probably is.

Yeah, it's a shuttle stop. Figured I'd try to make it a nice little weekender for the wife. We can always just stop by the Royale to see the beer can pyramid. :D

D

Deleted member 3748

We still have a lot of time before the ride, but we can start thinking about the details. This is how it goes down...

Friday - Drop off machines at the staging area. The order you arrive is the order you will park and ride. We should drop off our machines at the same time so we park and ride together. We'll be there for a few hours on Saturday morning before the ride starts and I'd like to hang out with you guys instead of strangers. The earlier we drop off on Friday, the better it will be because we'll be closer to the front. The riders in the second half were stopped on the bridge because we created a traffic jam up front. :) It was cold and raining and I don't think it was fun for them. I can be there at any time on Friday because I'm taking the day off from work. Whatever time you guys can get there is fine though. It'll work out. We'll pick a spot in Mackinac City to meet up then drive to the staging area. I'm pretty sure this is the staging area. 1273 W Central Ave., Mackinaw City, MI Then we're free for the rest of the day.

Saturday - The shuttle bus picks us up at our hotels and drives us to the staging area. Last year we took the first bus, not knowing there would be a second bus and we could have slept in a little. After the bridge crossing and lunch we can ride St. Ignace for the day. We didn't bother with the shuttles back to our trucks. We just rode the Honda through town and back to the hotel.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Already told @PistonHonda. But we're all booked at KRoyal for the Mighty Mac trip! Exited to do this!

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
The only concern I have is leaving my machine out on the trailer in the parking lot Saturday night. Might bring a tarp, out of sight out of mind.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'd like to find out if we can drop the machines the morning of the event. I'm 40 miles NW of the bridge, would rather leave early Sat morning and drop vs make 2 trips.

D

Deleted member 3748

I'd like to find out if we can drop the machines the morning of the event. I'm 40 miles NW of the bridge, would rather leave early Sat morning and drop vs make 2 trips.
You can drop the morning of the event. Go to the website and send them an email to get the details. They reply really fast.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
The only concern I have is leaving my machine out on the trailer in the parking lot Saturday night. Might bring a tarp, out of sight out of mind.
With all your goodies...tucked away...in your
p5...I ain't leaving it...unless there's people
to watch it...people make a living off of stealing
just sayin....

Reactions: trigger
D

Deleted member 3748

I asked this question last year and this was the reply. I'd still send them an email to be sure it's the same.

Since you live an hour away you probably will not want to bring your ATV/ORV up on Friday (you do have that option though). What you can do is very early Saturday morning you can drive up, drop your ATV/ORV at the staging area in Mackinaw City, have it inspected and pick up your packet, which will include your wristband required to be part of the group crossing. Then you will have to drive to St. Ignace, to the airport to leave your truck and trailer and be shuttled back to Mackinaw City.

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
just sayin....

From the event website
ATVs will leave staging area at Darrow's Gravel Pit and head north across the mighty Mackinac Bridge, through downtown St. Ignace, and north to Little Bear East Arena. On Friday, you will leave your ORV at the secure staging area in Mackinaw City located 1 1/2 miles west of the Mackinaw City High School on Central Ave. This is also where you will pick up your registration packet. You can also bring your email confirmation to the staging area on Saturday morning prior to the mandatory meeting and receive your participant wristband and packet. We will have security at the staging area overnight.

I'm less worried about thieves....just don't want to make 2 trips

Reactions: Remington
D

Deleted member 3748

just sayin....
It will be no different than traveling anywhere with your SxS. You can't stay awake watching it 24x7. There will be over 1000 other rides there to steal so covering it with a tarp will make the others look more attractive. We'll be keeping ours with us and taking it to Munising for another night or two. I'm thinking about getting ramps and putting it in the truck bed though. Then I can chain it down and force them to steal the whole damn truck! :)

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I asked this question last year and this was the reply. I'd still send them an email to be sure it's the same.

Since you live an hour away you probably will not want to bring your ATV/ORV up on Friday (you do have that option though). What you can do is very early Saturday morning you can drive up, drop your ATV/ORV at the staging area in Mackinaw City, have it inspected and pick up your packet, which will include your wristband required to be part of the group crossing. Then you will have to drive to St. Ignace, to the airport to leave your truck and trailer and be shuttled back to Mackinaw City.

I'll send them an email just to be sure, Thanks

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
It will be no different than traveling anywhere with your SxS. You can't stay awake watching it 24x7. There will be over 1000 other rides there to steal so covering it with a tarp will make the others look more attractive. We'll be keeping ours with us and taking it to Munising for another night or two. I'm thinking about getting ramps and putting it in the truck bed though. Then I can chain it down and force them to steal the whole damn truck! :)
I'm just sayin...alot of places in moab hotels..people got stuff stolen...& yes there was security. ..
hate to see that happen..to you guys..

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!