Calendar Trek the Mighty Mac [Sep 28, 2018] (Saint Ignace, MI)

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3748

@DaddyDubbs and @Farmerjohn - Are you guys still planning on making it to the Trek? If yes, I can PM my # to you and you can text me if you want to meet up for the ride. We have a big group this year and no one will notice a few extra machines. ;)

DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
@DaddyDubbs and @Farmerjohn - Are you guys still planning on making it to the Trek? If yes, I can PM my # to you and you can text me if you want to meet up for the ride. We have a big group this year and no one will notice a few extra machines. ;)
Yes, room has been booked for a few months now, looking forward to it. A friend and his wife will be along as well with their Polaris. Sounds like a great time.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Trekking the Mac was cool and getting the pics with the bridge in the background. Too bad the ride portion of it sucked though, flat, straight, dusty and uneventful. Even the destination was nothing exciting.

Reactions: Remington
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
Trekking the Mac was cool and getting the pics with the bridge in the background. Too bad the ride portion of it sucked though, flat, straight, dusty and uneventful. Even the destination was nothing exciting.
Nothing exiting about the destination? Common it’s “da U-P der eh, ya bettcha der by golly”.
Just because I now live in Alabama, I haven’t traded eh for y’all. Once a Michigander, always a Michigander, especially when you lived as a Yupper for a few years eh?

D

Deleted member 3748

Yes, room has been booked for a few months now, looking forward to it. A friend and his wife will be along as well with their Polaris. Sounds like a great time.
I think we will be almost all Polaris and my Yamaha.

D

Deleted member 3748

Yeah, that ride sucked. We're going to Drummond Island instead.

Reactions: trigger
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'm guessing they went up the Iggy-Trout Lake RR Grade.......zzzzzz..... too bad, it's about the Only way out of Iggy but you don't have to go that far on it before you can cut off and go a better way.

D

Deleted member 3748

Have you ridden DI before? You'll enjoy it, lot's of mud, water, rocks and technical trails. The "steps" leading to Marble Head will test out your skid plates o_O
This is our first time. I'm looking forward to it.

Reactions: trigger
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
What kind of question is that?
Just curious, cuz of your previous quote before that that’s all. Just that it’s a 1- to 1-1/2 hr ride from St IG and the fairy isn’t very big, takes about 4-5 trailers at a time and it’s usually full with cars and large trucks with trailers. When we go, just to get ours on most times we have to wait for the fairy at least once and that’s about 30-45 min. It’s not The Beaver islander that can take the US Calvary in one trip lol. So to clarify my question even more...depending on how many go? Witch everyone has every right to go! So don’t try to spin it on me:D, it may be a complete Shat show getting over and very late in the day/evening by that time. Just my dyslexic OCD mind doing its job imagining images Pryor to something happing that’s all :) carry on.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 3748

If everyone that goes on the bridge ride goes to the island we will need more than one ferry. Not sure how many are staying through Sunday though. We'll figure it out and wait when we get there. Could you cross with just your SxS?

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If everyone that goes on the bridge ride goes to the island we will need more than one ferry. Not sure how many are staying through Sunday though. We'll figure it out and wait when we get there. Could you cross with just your SxS?
Yes, but u need to find a place that won’t give u shat for leavinging your truck and trailer. Also they still charge u the full price taking either your rig or your sxs.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

Deleted member 3748

That sucks. Their website says $7 for orv. The only advantage to not taking the truck is that more of us will fit but might as well take the truck.

Reactions: Remington
Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
That sucks. Their website says $7 for orv. The only advantage to not taking the truck is that more of us will fit but might as well take the truck.
It’s a long way to the trail head from the dock also.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!