Michigan - Trek the Mighty Mac - 10/1/2016

• Thread starter Deleted member 3748
  • Start date

Will you be trekking the Mighty Mac?

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 3748

Bf239c7a4cdaccdf7dece7380f347a7e

My wife and I will be crossing the Mackinac Bridge with a LOT of other ATVs and SxS. Last year there were about 2000 machines.

Trek the Mighty Mac Home Page

I sent an email to the St. Ignace Chamber of Commerce to get a better idea of how everything works. The response is below.

We’ll keep in touch via email with details of the event you’ll need to know, but basically, here’s the plan:

You can register online at our website - Trek The Mighty Mac & Expo (Mackinac Bridge ATV Crossing) :: St. Ignace Visitors Bureau

What many people are doing is staying at a motel or campground in St. Ignace. Friday from 9am-8pm they will drop their ATV/ORV off at the staging area in Mackinaw City, then cross the bridge and stay in St. Ignace. We have security hired to keep an eye on the vehicles overnight. Early Saturday morning we will pick them up and transport them to the staging area where we will have a mandatory meeting, then make the crossing to the Little Bear Arena in St. Ignace. After lunch we will shuttle them to their trucks and trailers so they can then come back to Little Bear to pick up their ATV/ORV. For those such as yourselves that will not be spending the night in St. Ignace, we have parking available out near our airport where you can leave your truck and trailers. We will pick you up from that location to shuttle you to Mackinaw City to your ATV/ORV. You’ll then make the crossing, end up at Little Bear, and we’ll shuttle you to your truck and trailer.

Since you live an hour away you probably will not want to bring your ATV/ORV up on Friday (you do have that option though). What you can do is very early Saturday morning you can drive up, drop your ATV/ORV at the staging area in Mackinaw City, have it inspected and pick up your packet, which will include your wristband required to be part of the group crossing. Then you will have to drive to St. Ignace, to the airport to leave your truck and trailer and be shuttled back to Mackinaw City.

It’s really not as confusing as it sounds!

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 3748

The ride was great despite a little rain and wind. The date was the same as opening day of bow season so attendance was down from last year. The last I heard was 850 machines and 1500 people. :) I have a video of the ride but it's still processing on YouTube. SHouldn't be much longer. In the meantime, see if you can open this facebook folder of photos.

Trek the Mighty Mac Album
Aerial

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Wow! I didn't know about this. My cabin is 45min from there! Will have to do this next year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 3748

It's going to be earlier next year so it should be a little warmer and a lot more packed! I only saw one machine break down... a Kawasaki. You can see it in the video. There were about 400 machines behind me and I have no idea how many of those may have broken down.

Reactions: Remington
D

Deleted member 3748

That looks pretty cool. I can't imagine a ride with that many machines. May have to look into that next year

Attendance was down about half of the first year. It was also opening day of bow season. The organizers did a great job and everything went smoothly. I'll be there next year too.

Reactions: Remington
R

rkwerner

Jun 15, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looks like fun. Don't think I will be able to swing it this year. I'm headed that way this weekend to meet up with family. I was debating bringing the Pioneer but I decided I wouldn't have enough time. Plus the girlfriend has never been to Mackinac Island so that will eat the whole day Saturday.

I have an uncle who is going to do the Labor Day Bridge walk this year. I forwarded the information on to him, however, he is a PO-PO driver

D

Deleted member 3748

Looks like fun. Don't think I will be able to swing it this year. I'm headed that way this weekend to meet up with family. I was debating bringing the Pioneer but I decided I wouldn't have enough time. Plus the girlfriend has never been to Mackinac Island so that will eat the whole day Saturday.

I have an uncle who is going to do the Labor Day Bridge walk this year. I forwarded the information on to him, however, he is a PO-PO driver
We happily ride with Po-po's too! This is the thread for last year's trek. Use this link for the 2017 Trek.

Trek the Mighty Mac 9/30/2017

Reactions: rkwerner

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!