U-Joint problem clarification

H

HondaTech

For my own information, if you spot weld the cups and bring your Talon to the dealership for other repairs, does that void the warranty. I know that fix is a good solution but what about other warranty work after that fix?
Honda doesnt need to know what they dont know. I dont have to tell them anything.

Reactions: SLOWPOKE693 and CID
Lil_Steve

Lil_Steve

May 22, 2019
Gilbert, AZ
Ownership

1. Talon R
I just returned to Phoenix area this week. I bought my R here last year and then started hearing the problem needed attention after I returned to Ohio. I haven't looked at mine yet, so not sure if they have loosened any. If there is no noticable play, can they be welded in place? Easy to get to?

Lil_Steve answers that question in post 82 of the linked thread, here -

I've just edited that post to add mo betta pics. Because who doesn't love pics?

H

hondatalonr

Feb 6, 2021
Arizona
Ownership

1. Talon R
Anyone around the Casa Grande, Phoenix, Tucson area that has the capability of spot welding for us guys that don't have welding equipment here in AZ.

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Anyone around the Casa Grande, Phoenix, Tucson area that has the capability of spot welding for us guys that don't have welding equipment here in AZ.

Your local exhaust shop will probably do it for you.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!