P500 under hood storage

jak9922

jak9922

hot headed wopolock
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Jun 2, 2015
pittstown ny
Cabelas ammo box fits perfect just need to make a few brackets but good water tight box
20150630 162630

iowaguy

iowaguy

Lifetime Member
Sep 22, 2014
Eastern Iowa
Ownership

1. Other Brand
This fits perfect. Hefty storage solutions 18qt hi rise with snap lid.From Lowe's.
View attachment 5242
I was at lowes today, seen the hefty box, so I figured for $5.00,l couldn't go wrong, put it in and noticed it was bowing the hood up a little where it sat on the radiator supports, used a heatgun inside the box over the supports the plastic formed around them while I pushed down on the box, then put a sheet metal screw in the back into the crossframe,fits really solid, and have plenty of clearance under hood, I put the air compressor,towstrap,slim,a few wrenches, jumper cables, siphon hose and first aid kit in it, all the stuff I hope I will never need to use.Great find Moose308!

Last edited:
M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
I was at lowes today, seen the hefty box, so I figured for $5.00,l couldn't go wrong, put it in and noticed it was bowing the hood up a little where it sat on the radiator supports, used a heatgun inside the box over the supports the plastic formed around them while I pushed down on the box, then put a sheet metal screw in the back into the crossframe,fits really solid, and have plenty of clearance under hood, I put the air compressor,towstrap,slim,a few wrenches, jumper cables, siphon hose and first aid kit in it, all the stuff I hope I will never need to use.Great find Moose308!
sweet

Akfishbum

Akfishbum

Jul 9, 2015
Alaska
Ownership

1. 500
Lol moose your under hood box was my first mod. Picked up the box on the way home from the dealer stuck all my emergency gear in it. Great way to make cheap storage. I also found that my pelican case that I ship my binoculars, gps, and camera in also fit there nice and snug.

Reactions: jay dawge
M

Moose308

Jun 16, 2015
Lol moose your under hood box was my first mod. Picked up the box on the way home from the dealer stuck all my emergency gear in it. Great way to make cheap storage. I also found that my pelican case that I ship my binoculars, gps, and camera in also fit there nice and snug.
Works out pretty nice.

Reactions: jay dawge
P

PaPaCraig04

Aug 22, 2014
Go
picked up the tub from Lowes.... Ready to install. Thanks for the great tip and $200 savings.....

Reactions: Jdurbin
P

PaPaCraig04

Aug 22, 2014
Picked my tub from Lowes.... Thanks for the great idea and the $200"savings.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Very ingenious fellas. Especially the snap lids to keep contents clean.

Reactions: p500fan
Buryit

Buryit

Sep 18, 2015
National Forest, NW AR
Locally none of these boxes were to be found but I found a snap lid box that worked perfect for -$5. Tossed a piece of soft foam inside to stop tools bouncing and saved a ton of cash. Thanks all

R

randye

Sep 27, 2015
Actually I had an old MTM caseguard ammo box out in my gun room,made a couple of aluminum strap brackets and wa la. It works! Thanks anyway

J

JasonS

Jun 18, 2015
Found this soft tool bag at Menards for $20 and it fits real nice.

Attachments

• Underhood Storage.jpg
    Underhood Storage.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 696

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!