P500 Update: Trigger Shield

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
As a TriggerShield user, I'd recommend it. IMHO, it's more than fairly priced (probably cheaper than it should be even) and it is effective at both reducing heat and noise.

The box (www.box) is another great forum created product.

FWIW...I have no skin in the game and haven't even met either of these guys.

EDIT: "probably" was typo'd/autocorrected as "properly" in the OP D'oh!

Sorry to hi-jack, but what is the box? That link doesn't go anywhere? I searched the for 'the box' but found nothing.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Sorry to hi-jack, but what is the box? That link doesn't go anywhere? I searched the for 'the box' but found nothing.
Search Google for Pioneer 500 glove boxes, there should be two too compare the two to each other, for the best sounding choice. Thats today riddle that @JeremieBaker is referring to.

Last edited:
BThompson

BThompson

Supporting Member
Jun 17, 2020
Potlatch Idaho
Ownership

1. 500
How well does the shield stop dust from coming inside the cab? I'm not too worried about the heat. In fact I'm looking forward to it keeping me warm in the winter. Mostly jusy trying to reduce dust and noise.

Reactions: trigger
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
How well does the shield stop dust from coming inside the cab? I'm not too worried about the heat. In fact I'm looking forward to it keeping me warm in the winter. Mostly jusy trying to reduce dust and noise.
IMO, only a full cab enclosure will eliminate dust, but the trigger shield definately cuts down noise and heat. You could cut a flap for the seat belt hole as a heat vent yet still have the noise dampening under the rest of the seat bottom and up behind your back.

rustyneversleeps

rustyneversleeps

Supporting Member
Mar 29, 2021
Montana
Ownership

1. 520
You're gonna have dust regardless of what you do. We ride in a lot of dusty trails/roads and its a night and day difference with the trigger shield

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
There was some forum fallout that made a metal glovebox taboo to mention by name on the forum and it has been automatically redacted both historically and on a go forward basis since.

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
There was some forum fallout that made a metal glovebox taboo to mention by name on the forum and it has been automatically redacted both historically and on a go forward basis since.

Ah. Forum drama. Got it.

I checked out 'the box'. Looks nice. Mine has switches mounted in that spot on the dash, but I have an overhead cargo bag thingy, so don't really need a box.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!