Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Mentioned it in the original thread https://hondasxs.com/threads/for-sale-rubber-noise-heat-shield.16406/#post-380153 but didn't want guys having to search so many pages or possibly missing it altogether. I didn't poke the drain holes in them for fear they might sag different in others machines and the holes would be in the wrong place.
Back when I was fine tuning the pattern, I made a new one for my machine. I didn't poke the drain holes in that one either as it hadn't gotten wet yet. I pressure washed it yesterday for the first time this year and pulled the seats today to check it out...

Rode tight trails pushing through limbs, a lot of wet sand and a few mud holes and this is what it caught from the top...
Shield trashed

apparently stopped stuff from the bottom too, see the broken stick...

Shield stick

the water under the seat drains to the front and out through the seat bracket notches but behind the seat mine puddles in two areas...

Shield drain hole 1

found the lowest point in each one of them and cut in little holes about 1/4" to 3/8" round and the water drains out...

Shield drain hole

other than sticks, leaves and dirt I can leave the seats in and not worry about the Shield holding water.

Shield all drained out

For as little as it holds some may not even concern themselves with it but after using the carpet mat mod, one of my goals was that it never held water. ;)
Thanks guys.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thanks, Got my holes drilled in similar places. FYI, sometimes rubber and drill bits can be a pain, found it very easy for a smooth hole using a step bit. Very handy tool around the shop to deburr holes.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks, Got my holes drilled in similar places. FYI, sometimes rubber and drill bits can be a pain, found it very easy for a smooth hole using a step bit. Very handy tool around the shop to deburr holes.

View attachment 122736

Yeah I have a few of those in the shop, priceless sometimes.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Mentioned it in the original thread P500 - For Sale: Rubber Noise/Heat Shield but didn't want guys having to search so many pages or possibly missing it altogether. I didn't poke the drain holes in them for fear they might sag different in others machines and the holes would be in the wrong place.
Back when I was fine tuning the pattern, I made a new one for my machine. I didn't poke the drain holes in that one either as it hadn't gotten wet yet. I pressure washed it yesterday for the first time this year and pulled the seats today to check it out...

Rode tight trails pushing through limbs, a lot of wet sand and a few mud holes and this is what it caught from the top...
View attachment 122703

View attachment 122704

the water under the seat drains to the front and out through the seat bracket notches but behind the seat mine puddles in two areas...

View attachment 122706

found the lowest point in each one of them and cut in little holes about 1/4" to 3/8" round and the water drains out...

View attachment 122708

other than sticks, leaves and dirt I can leave the seats in and not worry about the Shield holding water.

View attachment 122709

For as little as it holds some may not even concern themselves with it but after using the carpet mat mod, one of my goals was that it never held water. ;)
Thanks guys.
I think I’ll install mine and watch it for a good while. I typically wash mine after each ride, popping the seat off is a snap, and after I wash mine I always use a leaf blower to blow all the water off everything before I put it up. It seems the fewer holes poked in it the better if possible...

Thanks for the info. :cool:

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Have shipped many to CA...$105 to your door.
Definitely tempted to order one, not sure when though. Just wondering what it'll cost to have it shipped to Canada?
As a TriggerShield user, I'd recommend it. IMHO, it's more than fairly priced (probably cheaper than it should be even) and it is effective at both reducing heat and noise.

The box (www.box) is another great forum created product.

FWIW...I have no skin in the game and haven't even met either of these guys.

EDIT: "probably" was typo'd/autocorrected as "properly" in the OP D'oh!

Last edited:
MB_Rider

MB_Rider

Lifetime Member
Sep 1, 2019
Swan River, Manitoba, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
As a TriggerShield user, I'd recommend it. IMHO, it's more than fairly priced (properly cheaper than it should be even) and it is effective at both reducing heat and noise.

I would like a box too but I have the Honda winch so I need to find a place to relocate the solenoid before I decide to order that as well.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would like a box too but I have the Honda winch so I need to find a place to relocate the solenoid before I decide to order that as well.
Many of us have both. Relocating the winch contact block/relay/solenoid is simple enough. There are lots of pics for different places people have put it. Here is just one thread that has a few options...https://hondasxs.com/threads/box-install.18634/#post-491497

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
As a TriggerShield user, I'd recommend it. IMHO, it's more than fairly priced (properly cheaper than it should be even) and it is effective at both reducing heat and noise.

It's reasonably priced and it works. With over a hundred of them out there now I think others agree too.
Thanks JB! :)

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I was very satisfied with mine. That machine is gone now, but I'd buy another Triggershield again if I had a 500

R

rstacsm

Mar 3, 2021
South Carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Mentioned it in the original thread P500 - For Sale: Rubber Noise/Heat Shield but didn't want guys having to search so many pages or possibly missing it altogether. I didn't poke the drain holes in them for fear they might sag different in others machines and the holes would be in the wrong place.

View attachment 122703

View attachment 122704

View attachment 122706

View attachment 122708

View attachment 122709

Thanks guys.
I’d like to order one of these trigger shields for my p520

Reactions: Mudder and trigger

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!