Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, the Boss has green lighted the upper door project and I ordered a set of the Seizmik framed upper doors but somehow UPS lost/damaged them so I canceled the order. My question is, you guys running the soft upper doors, what brand do you have and pros/cons.
thanks for the help.

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Ok, the Boss has green lighted the upper door project and I ordered a set of the Seizmik framed upper doors but somehow UPS lost/damaged them so I canceled the order. My question is, you guys running the soft upper doors, what brand do you have and pros/cons.
thanks for the help.
I have the seizmik. They are good quality. No complaints

ChadD

ChadD

Lifetime Member
Sep 6, 2018
Brown City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
20210317 131601

Heinecke2

Heinecke2

Nov 15, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I installed version 2 of the OEM uppers like a couple weeks ago. Got a good price from Rocky mountain and have been happy with them.

I think the OEM version 2 uppers look better than seismic but from the picture posted above I'd guess the seismic seal better.

One caveat with the OEM is if you have the super ATV split windshield you'll need to do a little surgery on the plastic pieces which fit onto the A-pillar. This is probably my only complaint with them so far.

Heinecke2

Heinecke2

Nov 15, 2020
Illinois
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't looked at the installation instructions for seismic but one thing I like about the OEM is removing the upper doors for summer will be pretty easy. One thumb screw and three or four velcro straps is all I need to deal with convert back to no upper doors when the warm weather returns.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
thanks for the help.
The biggest plus to the Seizmik doors is that you can run their mirrors. THE OEM doors takes some Jerry rigging to get mirrors to work, especially the passenger side. If you don't run side mirrors, then that doesn't matter. I have the OEM 2nd generation doors and I would buy them again. But It wouldn't bother me if I had to order Seizmik doors. Ronayers.com or rockymountainatvmc.com is your best bet on OEM.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't looked at the installation instructions for seismic but one thing I like about the OEM is removing the upper doors for summer will be pretty easy. One thumb screw and three or four velcro straps is all I need to deal with convert back to no upper doors when the warm weather returns.
I leave my seizmik on year round, just keep the window rolled down in the summer.

Reactions: Ridinfool
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The biggest plus to the Seizmik doors is that you can run their mirrors. THE OEM doors takes some Jerry rigging to get mirrors to work, especially the passenger side. If you don't run side mirrors, then that doesn't matter. I have the OEM 2nd generation doors and I would buy them again. But It wouldn't bother me if I had to order Seizmik doors. Ronayers.com or rockymountainatvmc.com is your best bet on OEM.
I think the window design is larger or different on the seizmik vs oem, you can roll the window down so that you have a flat arm rest and when traveling down the road at highway speeds towing it it’s easier to secure the window down.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OP if you have an SATV front window, the seizmik will work but you will need to cut some of the window down to properly get it to fit, not a big deal but just something to know that the door with that window are not a direct fit.

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OP if you have an SATV front window, the seizmik will work but you will need to cut some of the window down to properly get it to fit, not a big deal but just something to know that the door with that window are not a direct fit.
I am currently running the @SuperATV glass windshield so after reading this it appears that I will have to do some creative creating on the front A pillar.

Reactions: SuperATV
advertisement
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am currently running the @SuperATV glass windshield so after reading this it appears that I will have to do some creative creating on the front A pillar.
Not sure about the glass one, i guess I should of said the flip up windshield. The glass windshield might make install easy.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!