P500 Used P500 shopping

T

TJoffroad

Dec 14, 2018
Snow Camp NC
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
You need to load that puppy up and come down to Laurinburg,I live across the road from an atv park with plenty of good stuff for us P-5 pilots.We [500 owners] can navigate every trail there while razors are left wondering "where did they go?"LoL.
As soon as I get the locker and power steering installed I'll be looking for a good place to do a good shake down. I'll look up the park and see how far it is from me.

Reactions: nctrailboss
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
As soon as I get the locker and power steering installed I'll be looking for a good place to do a good shake down. I'll look up the park and see how far it is from me.
I've got some guys that come from up your way that ride with us on bikes.I've done the power steering and locker on mine,the machine just keeps getting better and better.I feel like you you got a great deal on that 18 model with the mods already done.It's got the WE shocks doesn't it?Look forward to seeing the progress on yours,and hope you make it down here soon.

Pignutr

Pignutr

Nov 27, 2018
Burgaw, NC
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Other Brand
I've bought used P700-4 and P500 in Eastern NC, they are not that hard to find, you just need to check out Facebook and Craigslist. Having both, I'd pick the P700 over the 500, cost is not that much different, but the ride is far superior in the 700 and I'm pretty sure you can't upgrade your way out of the rough ride. Also, for the those that might have a little extra around the midriff, across the shoulders or who might be tall, the P500 can be a bit tight to get into, whereas the 700 is quite comfy. I really like the P500 for my daughter!

T

TJoffroad

Dec 14, 2018
Snow Camp NC
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
I've bought used P700-4 and P500 in Eastern NC, they are not that hard to find, you just need to check out Facebook and Craigslist. Having both, I'd pick the P700 over the 500, cost is not that much different, but the ride is far superior in the 700 and I'm pretty sure you can't upgrade your way out of the rough ride. Also, for the those that might have a little extra around the midriff, across the shoulders or who might be tall, the P500 can be a bit tight to get into, whereas the 700 is quite comfy. I really like the P500 for my daughter!
Hi, Pignutr. There are several for sale. Just not for the price I wanted to pay. I did purchase a 2018 that included from the initial owner, close to 6k worth of upgrades and I couldn't be happier. Since this machine will be replacing an ATV, I was more focused on the agility/size for maneuvering in the woods sometimes with no trails for deer hunting. And also I have two daughters 12 and 15. I think the 500 would make a practical driving learning tool for them. With that said I will be taking it to hit/ some trails also. My next purchase will be a larger unit to carry the family(4) which I will be looking more for comfort+. I'm looking forward to finding out what this thing will do. I'm impressed with the videos out there on the 500. Thanks for the input.

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
been riding quite a while, had a number of machines atvs utvs whatever. all we have is woods, ive never had problems where i thought it would be able to fit if it was ten inches smaller, difference in 500 and 700. the only thing that really matters is length anything over ten ft pretty hard to back up and maneuver around trees. the 500 i could fit in for a couple minutes, 700 has a ton more room, lockers dump bed. would be a good machine for your daughters but i wouldnt want to trail ride it all day, no room for you let alone food and tools straps etc

Reactions: Gassygordo
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Hi, Pignutr. There are several for sale. Just not for the price I wanted to pay. I did purchase a 2018 that included from the initial owner, close to 6k worth of upgrades and I couldn't be happier. Since this machine will be replacing an ATV, I was more focused on the agility/size for maneuvering in the woods sometimes with no trails for deer hunting. And also I have two daughters 12 and 15. I think the 500 would make a practical driving learning tool for them. With that said I will be taking it to hit/ some trails also. My next purchase will be a larger unit to carry the family(4) which I will be looking more for comfort+. I'm looking forward to finding out what this thing will do. I'm impressed with the videos out there on the 500. Thanks for the input.
Get that P-5 down here to OutBack,I'll show you where it really shines.My wife and I did a bunch of miles there today.Anything any larger would have needed a chainsaw to follow.Makes it nice as you get the woods to yourself.I did see some 4 seaters on the main trails at times looking into the woods at me wondering how I had gotten there.LoL..There is a place for each of the different machines for sure,the 500 just fits my wants perfectly.
DSC01275

T

TJoffroad

Dec 14, 2018
Snow Camp NC
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
Get that P-5 down here to OutBack,I'll show you where it really shines.My wife and I did a bunch of miles there today.Anything any larger would have needed a chainsaw to follow.Makes it nice as you get the woods to yourself.I did see some 4 seaters on the main trails at times looking into the woods at me wondering how I had gotten there.LoL..There is a place for each of the different machines for sure,the 500 just
Put the locker in today. Can't wait to try it out. I have a few friends that come to Outback on bikes. I'll get with them and make a day trip. I'll let you know when we will be there.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Sell you mine. It's only flopped 7-8 times. Took a lickin still a tickin....It's a multi state dust collector. Been more places than a fruit fly.
IMG 0152

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Sell you mine. It's only flopped 7-8 times. Took a lickin still a tickin....It's a multi state dust collector. Been more places than a fruit fly.
View attachment 99194

One of my favorite pics that you have posted @100Acre....awesome!!

Reactions: nctrailboss

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!