P500 Used P500 shopping

A

aw249

Sep 20, 2018
wv
Ownership

1. 1000-3
There is some damage I see in the pics like here under the winch and on the frame rail under the driver door. I seems superficial but I'll take a better look tomorrow when I see it in person. Thanks for the inputView attachment 98000
I have that part in my garage if you buy. You can have free

Reactions: trigger
T

TJoffroad

Dec 14, 2018
Snow Camp NC
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
I have that part in my garage if you buy. You can have free
Wow, that is very generous of you to offer to a total stranger. This seems like an awesome site
Maybe I'll go to the pioneer takeover to meet and thank all of you for your kind support. Thanks to all

Reactions: Eltobgi
T

TJoffroad

Dec 14, 2018
Snow Camp NC
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
One adjustment covers Manual and Auto, someone recommended doing it in Manual. Also, you may have seen this thread also. P500 - Before leaving dealer - battery cover bolt

PS. Choogin glove box is a great Christmas gift! He’s on this forum.
That glove box is a must. I'll be updating tomorrow if I buy it. Locker, glove box, power steering will be on the list

A

aw249

Sep 20, 2018
wv
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Wow, that is very generous of you to offer to a total stranger. This seems like an awesome site
Maybe I'll go to the pioneer takeover to meet and thank all of you for your kind support. Thanks to all
It new let me no if you get the p5

C

Chooglin

There is some damage I see in the pics like here under the winch and on the frame rail under the driver door. I seems superficial but I'll take a better look tomorrow when I see it in person. Thanks for the inputView attachment 98000
I wouldn't worry to much about small bumps and bangs on the frame or rollbar
(I think we all have some small dents and scratches on our 500's)

But I would check it for major bends or tweaks to the frame and rollbar.

Welcome to the best forum on the net , you're going to like the 500 , it's a awesome little machine!

906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I wouldn't worry to much about small bumps and bangs on the frame or rollbar
(I think we all have some small dents and scratches on our 500's)

But I would check it for major bends or tweaks to the frame and rollbar.

Welcome to the best forum on the net , you're going to like the 500 , it's a awesome little machine!

I like to think of those as battle scars :D

T

TJoffroad

Dec 14, 2018
Snow Camp NC
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
It new let me no if you get the p5
Made the deal. The previous owner must have loved the rocks. All the skids on the bottom are beyond repair imo. One deep dent on each side under the door. Frame is good. The front skid has scratches but not bent. Would rather have a perfect machine, but the agreed to price reflects the damage+. Im looking forward to tinkering and playing with a new toy.

C

Chooglin

Made the deal. The previous owner must have loved the rocks. All the skids on the bottom are beyond repair imo. One deep dent on each side under the door. Frame is good. The front skid has scratches but not bent. Would rather have a perfect machine, but the agreed to price reflects the damage+. Im looking forward to tinkering and playing with a new toy.
Congratulations !!!!!

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Congrats! Look forward to hearing about your adventures with it.

A

aw249

Sep 20, 2018
wv
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Send me your info. To 3046403764 and I will sent the part

Reactions: NTCPrezJB
906UP

906UP

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 6, 2017
da Yoop
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Awesome! Congrats on the new toy!

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I'm going first thing in the morning to check out/purchase a p500. Looks to be a big following for these things. They're hard to find in central NC for a good price. I've looked at 3 so far and couldn't make the deal. Hopefully this will be the one. It has a lot of upgrades like warn winch, Honda top,Honda doors,Honda cargo, siezmik windshield and even walkers all the way as round. It's a 2018 bought new in June this year and was traded in on a p1k last week. Is there anything I should be cautious about? I plan on the usual checks: visual the oil. Check air filter. Look for any damage. From the pics it appears to have been in mud, not sure to what extent. It is at a Honda dealership and they say they have checked out and it is all good. But I just dont trust anybody any more. Any other suggestions?View attachment 97997
Look first at the air filter, it will speak volumes from the filter to the housing. If you can't keep the air filter serviced you won't service anything else.

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon X4
Congrats and welcome to the P500 club.

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
Congratulations on the machine! Unless you were given documentation and convinced it has been completely serviced, I would consider establishing a baseline, i.e., change/inspect fluids and air filter. Also, this will give you a great opportunity to look the machine over very closely for any potential problems.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Congrats, rocks here also, finally went with Ricochet rock sliders and full skid plate after the Takeover ride. Dents on skid plates show they protected the important stuff!

Last edited:
Reactions: trigger
T

TJoffroad

Dec 14, 2018
Snow Camp NC
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
Look first at the air filter, it will speak volumes from the filter to the housing. If you can't keep the air filter serviced you won't service anything else.
Good advice. I'm religious on the ATV filter change/clean. When I buy something I normally go overboard on the preventative maintenance. It gives me peace of mind.

Reactions: Eltobgi
T

TJoffroad

Dec 14, 2018
Snow Camp NC
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
Congratulations on the machine! Unless you were given documentation and convinced it has been completely serviced, I would consider establishing a baseline, i.e., change/inspect fluids and air filter. Also, this will give you a great opportunity to look the machine over very closely for any potential problems.
Machine was just serviced at the dealer but I'm like you I will replace every fluid that way I know that it has been done. I have almost 30 years in aviation. It has made me over inspect and over maintain all my toys. Already cleaned and inspected the front. Getting started on the middle section.
20181219 164005
20181219 163956
20181219 164005
20181219 163956

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!