P1000 value

C

Carver

Nov 12, 2015
Any idea what a Pioneer 1000/5 deluxe Red with about 1200 miles on it is worth?

It has a full hard cab, wiper, heater, sliding back glass, 4500# winch and 72" snow blade, auxillary
led lights and turn signals and horn. always garaged and looks like new.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Any idea what a Pioneer 1000/5 deluxe Red with about 1200 miles on it is worth?

It has a full hard cab, wiper, heater, sliding back glass, 4500# winch and 72" snow blade, auxillary
led lights and turn signals and horn. always garaged and looks like new.
The majority of people aren't willing to pay much extra for added accessories. You may get a little more than a brand new one but I seriously doubt it would be much. Most of the time you can come out better selling the accessories separate.

1BadDart

1BadDart

Oct 21, 2016
W. KY
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I can't help you with the value but as you probably know if the cab and heater are Honda items there is a butt load of money there alone. Only you can decide how much more the add on's are worth to you.

C

Carver

Nov 12, 2015
The majority of people aren't willing to pay much extra for added accessories. You may get a little more than a brand new one but I seriously doubt it would be much. Most of the time you can come out better selling the accessories separate.
Do you think 20,000.00 is a fair price? I have heard you cam get a new one equipped like this for about 23,000.00 out the door.

C

Carver

Nov 12, 2015
I can't help you with the value but as you probably know if the cab and heater are Honda items there is a butt load of money there alone. Only you can decide how much more the add on's are worth to you.
everything except the turn signals are Honda.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Do you think 20,000.00 is a fair price? I have heard you cam get a new one equipped like this for about 23,000.00 out the door.
The rule of thumb I've always used on vehicles is they lose 11% when you drive them off the lot. That isn't including taxes that are thrown out the window. For me that is not the best deal considering you'll have to pay taxes on the $20k and not the $23k. It isn't the worst deal ever but not a great one.
If I buy used, I'm trying to save money. In order to offset some of the risk. If I'm not gaining 10% or more on the value of the vehicle, I walk. In other words I'm not looking to get a break even deal, I'm looking to come out ahead.

Reactions: JTW
C

Carver

Nov 12, 2015
Are you buying or selling?
Maybe selling unless I'm going to really lose my shirt in this. It will be a year old in January and I paid nearly $27,000 with accessories
and before tax.

LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
Maybe selling unless I'm going to really lose my shirt in this. It will be a year old in January and I paid nearly $27,000 with accessories
and before tax.
If selling I wouldn't take any less than $20k. That's a big hit in one year!

Reactions: Eltobgi
C

Carver

Nov 12, 2015
IMG 0663
If selling I wouldn't take any less than $20k. That's a big hit in one year!
My original thought was $22,000 but then I heard new were selling equipped like this for $23000. I spent over 8500.00 for all the accessories.

advertisement
DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I would never pay 20k if I could get a brand new one for 23k with zero miles and a fresh warranty. I would probably have to say 20% less so, more like 17-18 at best. But there is a sucker born every minute and since its used, people will think they're getting a deal. Give it a shot. Its a bad spot to be in, but you never get much money for your add ons and with the deals on the 2016's right now......sorry man, you need to ride out some more of that depreciation.

Last edited:
LandPioneer

LandPioneer

Lifetime Member
Aug 22, 2016
Lebanon TN
Ownership

1. 700-4
View attachment 29077
My original thought was $22,000 but then I heard new were selling equipped like this for $23000. I spent over 8500.00 for all the accessories.
Yeah the reason you are describing is why I never pay full price for anything. If I can't get a deal, I'm not buying it. Sorry to say that if you sell you will be taking a bath. You would've lost a lot if you drove directly off the lot and put it up for sell. I'd definitely be trying to unload the accessories before selling. Most people are more than willing to give you half price for accessories.
I would never pay 20k if I could get a brand new one for 23k with zero miles and a fresh warranty. I would probably have to say 20% less so, more like 17-18 at best. But there is a sucker born every minute and since its used, people will think they're getting a deal. Give it a shot. Its a bad spot to be in, but you never get much money for your add ons and with the deals on the 2016's right now......sorry man, you need to ride out some more of that depreciation.
Honda warranties the product not the person. I bought my 2016 with 90 miles and I get the same warranty the previous owner got. If it has the extended warranty it shouldn't scare people away.

Reactions: JTW
DRAGFOOT

DRAGFOOT

Lifetime Member
Mar 16, 2016
MINNESOTA
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yeah the reason you are describing is why I never pay full price for anything. If I can't get a deal, I'm not buying it. Sorry to say that if you sell you will be taking a bath. You would've lost a lot if you drove directly off the lot and put it up for sell. I'd definitely be trying to unload the accessories before selling. Most people are more than willing to give you half price for accessories.

Honda warranties the product not the person. I bought my 2016 with 90 miles and I get the same warranty the previous owner got. If it has the extended warranty it shouldn't scare people away.

We don't have that info, so I'm figuring its the standard warranty which end in January. For that little of difference in price, I'd want one that's not previously enjoyed.

Reactions: JTW and LandPioneer
C

Carver

Nov 12, 2015
We don't have that info, so I'm figuring its the standard warranty which end in January. For that little of difference in price, I'd want one that's not previously enjoyed.
Thanks everyone for the insight I'll perhaps ride it out. and just enjoy the machine.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!