Voltmeter usb install

W

Wmushrush

Feb 7, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just put in a 3 place rocker switch plate with voltmeter/usb port in my Pioneer 700. The voltmeter led light stays on constantly. Can I leave it like this or will it eventually drain my battery? I’m thinking there is a way to hook up to auxiliary wire but don’t know how, don’t know if I even need to. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

Reactions: TxDoc
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Just put in a 3 place rocker switch plate with voltmeter/usb port in my Pioneer 700. The voltmeter led light stays on constantly. Can I leave it like this or will it eventually drain my battery? I’m thinking there is a way to hook up to auxiliary wire but don’t know how, don’t know if I even need to. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
Volt meters get there power from the same source they are measuring so most use a ground relay to control them. As in a relay that when triggered provides a ground no ground it shuts off. Did you use a relay or did you wire it straight to a ground. You can put a switch in to break the ground but ground relays are cheap and can be picked up at the local auto parts.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Volt meters get there power from the same source they are measuring so most use a ground relay to control them. As in a relay that when triggered provides a ground no ground it shuts off. Did you use a relay or did you wire it straight to a ground. You can put a switch in to break the ground but ground relays are cheap and can be picked up at the local auto parts.
X2

Reactions: Raynman
W

Wmushrush

Feb 7, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-2
I only know that I bought 2 wiring harnesses and each have a relay. They are separate mounts for individual lights (front vs back). The rocker switches and voltmeter came prewired. And voltmeter only has negative and pos connects in back. What’s my next move? And thanks for your help

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hooking the voltmeter up to something like this would solve your issue.

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I only know that I bought 2 wiring harnesses and each have a relay. They are separate mounts for individual lights (front vs back). The rocker switches and voltmeter came prewired. And voltmeter only has negative and pos connects in back. What’s my next move? And thanks for your help
Just a few ? Are the switches hot all the time as well. Do you want it like that ? Do you have any key on source or how are you killing the power to the switches if they are not hot all the time ? You have to break one of those connections at the back of the meter to make it go off.

W

Wmushrush

Feb 7, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-2
I disconnected necessary rocker wires so they weren’t live all the time. They are 5 pin rockers. Voltmeter is only 2, so not an option. Whoever sent the link and pic for Key On Wires Harness is right on I think. I could re-wire those rockers to stay illuminated with key on.

W

Wmushrush

Feb 7, 2021
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-2
This is what my ignition switch looks like. I can’t disconnect ignition end like shown on video so not sure now. Maybe disconnect square end and reconnect Key On harness hoping switch connections are the same 🤷🏻‍♂️

471340CE F800 41ED 9E6F 002CFB733717

Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I disconnected necessary rocker wires so they weren’t live all the time. They are 5 pin rockers. Voltmeter is only 2, so not an option. Whoever sent the link and pic for Key On Wires Harness is right on I think. I could re-wire those rockers to stay illuminated with key on.
Without a key on or something to control the power going to those switches they have to be live all the time.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!