Walker Evans shock questions

rogerdodger

rogerdodger

Jan 18, 2015
Got my new Walker Evans Monotube shocks for my Honda Pioneer 700 and have some questions.
Does anyone know if these are air charged or nitrogen charged? I see a valve stem on the bottom but wasn't sure. Does anyone change the PSI from factory or know what the factory PSI should be?
The rear shocks were set a 1 3/4" and the front were set at 2". Does anyone know if that is sufficient or not or should they be turned up??
Did anyone get instructions or recommended specs with their shocks. I didn't get anything and just want to make sure that I have them set up the best. Thanks.

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Here is all I could find on these at their website:

http://walkerevansracing.com/products/pioneer-shocks/69-pioneer-monotube-shocks.html

You might try calling them for specifics or suggested settings,

Honda Pioneer Monotube Shocks

High quality performance shocks play a big part in the control you have while driving your UTV through tight trails, in the woods, or up and over sand dunes. Walker Evans Racing montotube shocks are a great way to improve the overall ride quality and handling on your Honda Pioneer Side x Side.

Available Shocks:
Part Number
Description List Price EA
700-00-635 5" Front Monotube with Spring $295.99
700-00-636 6" Rear Monotube with Spring $295.99

Features:
MADE IN THE USA

• RE-VALVABLE AND RE-BUILDABLE
    • 5/8" MICRO-ALLOY STEEL NITRID COATED SHOCK SHAFTS
    • ANODIZED FOR PROTECTION AND LONG LIFE
    • BILLET ALUMINUM DESIGN
    • 2.0" SHOCK BODY DESIGN
    • 1/2" STEEL BEARING SHOCK ENDS STANDARD
    • DESIGNED TO FIT IN OEM BRACKETS
    • QUALITY FIT, FUNCTION, AND APPEARANCE
Notes:
This shock is for use with OEM arms only, or mid travel kits where the shock mounts are in the OEM locations

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
@SkyPup Has a pair, he may have some user info that could help you out.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
they will be nitrogen. nitrogen = very dry air without oxygen . you don't want compressed air in them that's wet air and contamination.

jmanAZ

jmanAZ

Jan 14, 2020
tucson
Ownership

1. 700-4
I
Got my new Walker Evans Monotube shocks for my Honda Pioneer 700 and have some questions.
Does anyone know if these are air charged or nitrogen charged? I see a valve stem on the bottom but wasn't sure. Does anyone change the PSI from factory or know what the factory PSI should be?
The rear shocks were set a 1 3/4" and the front were set at 2". Does anyone know if that is sufficient or not or should they be turned up??
Did anyone get instructions or recommended specs with their shocks. I didn't get anything and just want to make sure that I have them set up the best. Thanks.
I know there is an old thread, but I'm hoping for some help. I just bought some WE's for my p700 and I'm wondering if the rear shock should mount normal or upside down? I put them on normal (spring on the bottom), but the spring is really close to the axle. Is that normal?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!