P1000 Wanda's Honda

Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
so I decided to start a thread about our newly arrived P1K-5 non-deluxe build. I, like most of you, have great aspirations about improving the looks and capabilities of an already formidable machine.

Being that I don't want to end up in hot water with my wife for spending the purchase price on bolt-on accessories, I did the first, and I don't mind saying brilliant idea of naming our rig, Wanda's Honda. Not only does it have a rhyming quality to it, Wanda happens to be my wife's name! (Good thing it didn't go with a different brand) with that said, my plan was to tell her about the naming of buggy after her and having her embrace my dreams of best blinged out P1K-5 non-deluxe in the world! Sadly to say, this isn't what happened.

Last Sunday morning, while letting my wife sleep in, I made coffee and snuck a junk food sweet roll before waking up my laptop to search for accessories. Our dogs were giving me the eye because they knew that the sweet roll wasn't on my diet, so to insure their silence, I gave each one of those bacon looking dog treats we keep on top of the refrigerator.

With the junk food sweet roll devoured, and the wrapper safely hidden under other wrappers from the healhfood store, I was ready to sit at my laptop with my second cup of coffee. I type in Honda Pioneer 1000-5 into the Google search bar and let the power of the Internet do its thing. In a flash of a secon the screen is full of webpages to click on. Gone are the days of looking at Sears catalogs, JC Wittney or magazines to help with ideas for additions to your latest obsession, there are endless ideas.

As I feverishly click from one page to the next, movement from the dogs distracts me from my quest. I look up from the computer screen to see my lovely bride strolling into the living room. "Have you fed the dogs yet?" She said with a surprisingly cheerful tone. I responded with "I was just about to" She moves towards the pantry and said the next positive thing "don't get up, I'll feed them and then I can make us breakfast, you haven't eating anything yet have you?" I panic, do I lie to my wonderful wife? "No honey, just coffee" just then, our chocolate lab looks up from her bowl with a surprised look on her face, looking at me and over at the trash can, back to me, and back at the trash. My wife is busy cleaning an area on the kitchen counter, so I take the opportunity to look at the lab and towards the bacon looking dog treats, back and forth. She got the message.

"What do you want for breakfast dear?" She asked. "How about bacon and eggs, and if it's not too much of a problem, biscuits and gravy" "We can't eat that, I'm thinking steel cut oatmeal with fresh berries" Can someone tell me what the difference is between steel cut and regular oatmeal is?

As we sit at the dining room table, eating this gooey mass with strawberries and blueberries, my wife asked what I had been doing on the computer. I explained that I had to tell her some exciting news, where she sat here spoon down and looked at me with some curiosity. "You see babe, some of the guys on the Honda side x side website name their Hondas and I thought I should name ours!" Curiously changed to concern when I saw her tell tell eyebrow movement, so, not wanting to lose her enthusiasm, I said "I named the buggy, Wanda's Honda!" And don't you think Wanda's Honda should be the best one around? Now is when the left eyebrow goes to new hights, causing wrinkles on her forehead so severe I may not have recognized her if I had just walked into the room. "What is it you think you need for your toy?"

I'm in trouble, this isn't going the way I had planned "Baby,this isn't for me, it's for us. And, the UTV is named after you" " What do you want to buy, you have a windshield, what more can you need?" I see an opening to bring her around to my way of thinking so I go for it. "Honey, baby, dear, we are needing a top to protect us from the sun, a winch in case we get stuck, better bumpers for your protection, more durable tires so you don't get a flat on you way to yoga class and there are more, but remember, I'm doing this for you!"

"Ok," she said "I was going to do this later today but it I need to show you some things" So off she goes, leaving her half eaten steel cut oatmeal and comes back with the "Book".

When the dogs saw my wife bring the "Book" into the room, all three went out the doggie door, leaving me to get this conversation back on track without their help.

Sitting down, without that pre steel cut oatmeal cheery look on her face, my wife asked "so how much is all this stuff that you say is for me?" Well sugar, I have been working hard to find the best because deserve the best, and $2500 will provide you with the basic necessities and a good start on what will be the best P1K-5 non-deluxe in town, because, something with your name on it should be the best.

$2500, for a start, and this is for me? Now she has a pincil and paper next to the "Book" Where did she get the pincil and paper? I hadn't seen her bring them into the room? Where had se been riding them? Perhaps within the deep crevices of the wrinkles of her forehead? She starts rapping the pincil on the table as she thinks.

Ok, I will write down $2500 and we will go through the budget for the month and maybe if there is anything left over, maybe, and that's a big maybe, you can get something that supposedly I need. Opening the book, She starts with our income, next the normal household expenses, followed by car payments and insurance, food and credit card bills, but then comes what I consider questionable expenses like daycare for the dogs, yoga and her karate classes. All the numbers are tabulated on the income side and all the expenses. More tapping of the pincil and she scribbled a number on the paper, where she turned the paper to where I can see it. This is how much you can spend on Wanda's Honda this month.

Now with my budget for the month I head back to the laptop, I do some more searching and come to my question for all of you. What kind of air fresheners are you hanging from your review mirrors? There are a lot of them with different smells and shapes and I'm not sure which way to go?

jawquin

jawquin

Oct 24, 2015
Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
This story made me smile. ;) I like the coconut air fresheners.

sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've used some of the same excuses. I had a place taken off my ear from being out in the sun too much. I thought this would be a prime opportunity to bring up the topic of getting a roof to stay out of the sun BAM! New roof that after noon! My vote would be for one of those tree shaped air freshners for the outdoor theme.

Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
I've used some of the same excuses. I had a place taken off my ear from being out in the sun too much. I thought this would be a prime opportunity to bring up the topic of getting a roof to stay out of the sun BAM! New roof that after noon! My vote would be for one of those tree shaped air freshners for the outdoor theme.
I like the tree shaped ones, but the green ones don't go with the red Honda

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I really like that story well written and made me smile as well. It'll be kinda fun hearing this one continue. Go put some nice miles on her and figure out what YOU NEED not what others talk about. You don't always know until you drive around a bit. Sure everything is nice but what's your situation? You've got a great machine and that's all that matters...for now:) Absolutely BlackIce for air freshener as it's got a very clean "new" smell to it and is different then what your neighbor will have.

Reactions: sharp
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's a great story!

I vote for "new pioneer smell". Mine always smells like mud and one of those would help a lot.

Sent from my iPad 7G

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
That's a great story!

I vote for "new pioneer smell". Mine always smells like mud and one of those would help a lot.

Sent from my iPad 7G
Xmas tree air fresher
....spice......

Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
This is the best idea yet! I have made an appointment with a dermatologist to see if he will cut part of my ear off to get a top, this is absolutely brilliant!! I have also made a plan "B", if the dermatologist won't cut my ear off, I bet my buddy Joe will do it

Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
This is the best idea yet! I have made an appointment with a dermatologist to see if he will cut part of my ear off to get a top, this is absolutely brilliant!! I have also made a plan "B", if the dermatologist won't cut my ear off, I bet my buddy Joe will do it
OMG, I didn't think this through. What I should do is find a way to have a dermatologist say he needs to cut off part of my wife's ear.

Now how do I get my wife into the dermatologist's office and have him do this?

Help me with ideas, please, I want to ride in style soon

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
Deer-hunter

Deer-hunter

Feb 19, 2016
Effie,Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
"WANDAS HONDA" needs to be made in stickers and placed across the top of the windshield. I think you need to let her make the disicion on the scented tree. Got to keep her happy! She might raise your budget for this month.

Reactions: joeymt33
Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
"WANDAS HONDA" needs to be made in stickers and placed across the top of the windshield. I think you need to let her make the disicion on the scented tree. Got to keep her happy! She might raise your budget for this month.
Yes, that was my hope also, but no money for stickers

Reactions: Stauvo
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
OMG, I didn't think this through. What I should do is find a way to have a dermatologist say he needs to cut off part of my wife's ear.

Now how do I get my wife into the dermatologist's office and have him do this?

Help me with ideas, please, I want to ride in style soon
Tell her you are on a skin disorder forum similar to the honda sxs forum that is full of experts(quote from one of your earlier post) and that it is a passion you have always have been ashamed to tell her about.(this is where it plays on emotion if you tell her the right way) then tell her about a freckle on the TOP of her ear you have been worrying about. If it works get to the doctor be for she does and and tell him not to scare her but at least recommend she stay out of the sun on (offroad) activities on the weekend. If all else fails blame it some dude on the honda sxs forum named sharp(that's actually my dogs name) I will take the fall for you. BUT she might give you credit for trying and that goes a long way!

Reactions: joeymt33
chadbo

chadbo

Mama tried
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2015
Seminary , Ms
Ownership

1. 1000-5
so I decided to start a thread about our newly arrived P1K-5 non-deluxe build. I, like most of you, have great aspirations about improving the looks and capabilities of an already formidable machine.

Being that I don't want to end up in hot water with my wife for spending the purchase price on bolt-on accessories, I did the first, and I don't mind saying brilliant idea of naming our rig, Wanda's Honda. Not only does it have a rhyming quality to it, Wanda happens to be my wife's name! (Good thing it didn't go with a different brand) with that said, my plan was to tell her about the naming of buggy after her and having her embrace my dreams of best blinged out P1K-5 non-deluxe in the world! Sadly to say, this isn't what happened.

Last Sunday morning, while letting my wife sleep in, I made coffee and snuck a junk food sweet roll before waking up my laptop to search for accessories. Our dogs were giving me the eye because they knew that the sweet roll wasn't on my diet, so to insure their silence, I gave each one of those bacon looking dog treats we keep on top of the refrigerator.

With the junk food sweet roll devoured, and the wrapper safely hidden under other wrappers from the healhfood store, I was ready to sit at my laptop with my second cup of coffee. I type in Honda Pioneer 1000-5 into the Google search bar and let the power of the Internet do its thing. In a flash of a secon the screen is full of webpages to click on. Gone are the days of looking at Sears catalogs, JC Wittney or magazines to help with ideas for additions to your latest obsession, there are endless ideas.

As I feverishly click from one page to the next, movement from the dogs distracts me from my quest. I look up from the computer screen to see my lovely bride strolling into the living room. "Have you fed the dogs yet?" She said with a surprisingly cheerful tone. I responded with "I was just about to" She moves towards the pantry and said the next positive thing "don't get up, I'll feed them and then I can make us breakfast, you haven't eating anything yet have you?" I panic, do I lie to my wonderful wife? "No honey, just coffee" just then, our chocolate lab looks up from her bowl with a surprised look on her face, looking at me and over at the trash can, back to me, and back at the trash. My wife is busy cleaning an area on the kitchen counter, so I take the opportunity to look at the lab and towards the bacon looking dog treats, back and forth. She got the message.

"What do you want for breakfast dear?" She asked. "How about bacon and eggs, and if it's not too much of a problem, biscuits and gravy" "We can't eat that, I'm thinking steel cut oatmeal with fresh berries" Can someone tell me what the difference is between steel cut and regular oatmeal is?

As we sit at the dining room table, eating this gooey mass with strawberries and blueberries, my wife asked what I had been doing on the computer. I explained that I had to tell her some exciting news, where she sat here spoon down and looked at me with some curiosity. "You see babe, some of the guys on the Honda side x side website name their Hondas and I thought I should name ours!" Curiously changed to concern when I saw her tell tell eyebrow movement, so, not wanting to lose her enthusiasm, I said "I named the buggy, Wanda's Honda!" And don't you think Wanda's Honda should be the best one around? Now is when the left eyebrow goes to new hights, causing wrinkles on her forehead so severe I may not have recognized her if I had just walked into the room. "What is it you think you need for your toy?"

I'm in trouble, this isn't going the way I had planned "Baby,this isn't for me, it's for us. And, the UTV is named after you" " What do you want to buy, you have a windshield, what more can you need?" I see an opening to bring her around to my way of thinking so I go for it. "Honey, baby, dear, we are needing a top to protect us from the sun, a winch in case we get stuck, better bumpers for your protection, more durable tires so you don't get a flat on you way to yoga class and there are more, but remember, I'm doing this for you!"

"Ok," she said "I was going to do this later today but it I need to show you some things" So off she goes, leaving her half eaten steel cut oatmeal and comes back with the "Book".

When the dogs saw my wife bring the "Book" into the room, all three went out the doggie door, leaving me to get this conversation back on track without their help.

Sitting down, without that pre steel cut oatmeal cheery look on her face, my wife asked "so how much is all this stuff that you say is for me?" Well sugar, I have been working hard to find the best because deserve the best, and $2500 will provide you with the basic necessities and a good start on what will be the best P1K-5 non-deluxe in town, because, something with your name on it should be the best.

$2500, for a start, and this is for me? Now she has a pincil and paper next to the "Book" Where did she get the pincil and paper? I hadn't seen her bring them into the room? Where had se been riding them? Perhaps within the deep crevices of the wrinkles of her forehead? She starts rapping the pincil on the table as she thinks.

Ok, I will write down $2500 and we will go through the budget for the month and maybe if there is anything left over, maybe, and that's a big maybe, you can get something that supposedly I need. Opening the book, She starts with our income, next the normal household expenses, followed by car payments and insurance, food and credit card bills, but then comes what I consider questionable expenses like daycare for the dogs, yoga and her karate classes. All the numbers are tabulated on the income side and all the expenses. More tapping of the pincil and she scribbled a number on the paper, where she turned the paper to where I can see it. This is how much you can spend on Wanda's Honda this month.

Now with my budget for the month I head back to the laptop, I do some more searching and come to my question for all of you. What kind of air fresheners are you hanging from your review mirrors? There are a lot of them with different smells and shapes and I'm not sure which way to go?
Sweet... You got a rear view mirror

Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
Tell her you are on a skin disorder forum similar to the honda sxs forum that is full of experts(quote from one of your earlier post) and that it is a passion you have always have been ashamed to tell her about.(this is where it plays on emotion if you tell her the right way) then tell her about a freckle on the TOP of her ear you have been worrying about. If it works get to the doctor be for she does and and tell him not to scare her but at least recommend she stay out of the sun on (offroad) activities on the weekend. If all else fails blame it some dude on the honda sxs forum named sharp(that's actually my dogs name) I will take the fall for you. BUT she might give you credit for trying and that goes a long way!
I want to give special thanks to you for your feedback, this site is greatest and everyone try's to help each other out. I'm going to try the freckle on the ear idea but this will take careful execution.

Reactions: sharp and joeymt33
Buckshotaz

Buckshotaz

Mar 1, 2016
Arizona
Sweet... You got a rear view mirror
Sorry, I missed this post earlier. I do not have a rear view mirror. This realization has complicated the issue. When I make the decision on an air freshener, where can I hang it? Who knew owning a P1K-5 non-deluxe could be this difficult?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!