WANTED, REWARD. - How-to's |Bounty List!

Status
Not open for further replies.
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Only 2 rubber band machines with real good engine braking in my opinion are the krx and RMAX
Wolverine does pretty good too. Ain’t nothing like popping a few left paddles coming into a corner though.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 47331

Sounds like they have a belt clutch design flaw
The belt drive was the worst flaw, but by no means was it the only one. For example, the ROPS tubing was paper thin, and accident pictures showed they had a tendency to crumple rather easily, even if the thing simply flopped over onto its top. The Honda Pioneer 1000 could also use a better ROPS, but it should be more than adequate to use around the house, so I can live with it.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
The belt drive was the worst flaw, but by no means was it the only one. For example, the ROPS tubing was paper thin, and accident pictures showed they had a tendency to crumple rather easily, even if the thing simply flopped over onto its top. The Honda Pioneer 1000 could also use a better ROPS, but it should be more than adequate to use around the house, so I can live with it.
I've heard the defender and the new CanAm Commander have outstanding ROPS structures.

What about the Commander? We have it on good authority that @JACKAL secretly sneaks out to visit one after his P1K is sound asleep.

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Unless I'm mistaken, Honda is the only manufacturer who makes a shaft-driven utility SxS. Having owned one rubber band machine, then immediately regretting my purchase, it's not a mistake I will make again.
There you have it fella’s, he likes the shaft.

J80, serve him up one of your White Claws.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 47331

There you have it fella’s, he likes the shaft.
Immature responses like this say much more about you than they do about me, and the fact that the forum allows this behavior to continue unabated also speaks volumes.

Also, the "HaHa" brigade are like a bunch of ankle biting chiwawas, mildly amusing... yet totally impotent/ineffective.

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
Immature responses like this say much more about you than they do about me, and the fact that the forum allows this behavior to continue unabated also speaks volumes.

Also, the "HaHa" brigade are like a bunch of ankle biting chiwawas, mildly amusing... yet totally impotent/ineffective.
So you don’t deny liking the shaft?

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI

5963614D 1E5F 4ADD 9181 1EC142F25F7C

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
Why do people keep thinking I'm someone else? For the last time, I'm nobody, just an average Joe searching for information about the upcoming 2022 Honda Pioneer 1000-3, only to learn that Honda boned us again. Well, that plus I unknowingly walked straight into a minefield.
Well, because you are. You came here before as @dswv42 and did the exact same s*** in summer of 2020. You cried and said you were going to leave but apparently never did.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2

I have a chihuahua and its smarter than you who can't spell it right. I'm a proud member of the ha ha brigade as well.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No problem, these are crazy times so I understand.

I must admit that I'm a little absent minded myself, after learning that my wife and I probably have COVID after being exposed to a careless family member. Fortunately, we are both fully vaccinated, and while I feel fine (so far), I am more than a little worried about her since she is very high risk.

As a distraction, I naturally turn to my plans to buy a new Honda Pioneer, then bam... all hell breaks loose. Can't win for losing.
Dayum you’re the first victim case study for COVID. Might want to hold of on that all cash house purchase so you can pay your medical bills.

You are correct though you can’t win because you’re a loser. Your Mom even said so at her gang bang party.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Unless I'm mistaken, Honda is the only manufacturer who makes a shaft-driven utility SxS. Having owned one rubber band machine, then immediately regretting my purchase, it's not a mistake I will make again.
Oh you were a mistake alright but ol’ momma wasn’t smart enough to coat hanger you.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What kind of machine was that?

I really think you will be disappointed by pretty much anything you buy. You seem like that kind of person.
Buy? Nah, he waits until they pay him to take one for them. Buck and Jamal trained him up to expect payments for getting phucked in the ass.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Not true. For me, the belt drive was a deal-breaker, which was very unsafe to operate on steep terrain while pulling or hauling heavy loads.

In my experience, Honda has always been late to the party, long before COVID came to town. How else can the disaster called Big Red be explained, then it takes them how many years to refine the Honda Pioneer 1000?

Look, I know people are just looking for excuses to nitpick and start more crap, but arguing about meaningless BS is of no interest to me. So just stop, unless you want to have meaningful discussions.
He’s afraid of belt drive because of what his Daddy used to do to him.

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
No, it was a Kawasaki Mule Pro FXT, which claimed to have engine braking, which it did until the belt clutches suddenly released without warning when traveling at low speed. Their advice was to give it some gas... when going down hill, which was about as counterintuitive as it gets. Add a loaded trailer to the mix, and you'll need new underwear after every trip.

Needless to say, it was dangerous to operate on steep terrain. To me, it was little more than a glorified golf cart than anything else.
I haha’d that just because I know you like it so much peckertron

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Only dumbasses not worth protecting would buy one to begin with so they didn’t worry much about safety. But we know how concerned with safety you are and made pumpernickel your safe word

Status
Not open for further replies.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!