P1000m5 Warm up before riding

R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Does everyone warm their machine up before riding? I don’t if I’m going to ride easy to the back of my farm. It’s flat, only about 100 yards and I usually don’t get out of second gear. I was curious if this may harm or damage any of the internals.
When we were kids, we would get on, start them up and hammer them as hard as they would go. They seemed to last forever back then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Does everyone warm their machine up before riding? I don’t if I’m going to ride easy to the back of my farm. It’s flat, only about 100 yards and I usually don’t get out of second gear. I was curious if this may harm or damage any of the internals.
When we were kids, we would get on, start them up and hammer them as hard as they would go. They seemed to last forever back then.

I do, because of the transmission.

Reactions: sharp and Rincon
I

infernored1000

Jan 10, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I warm mine up for a few minutes before riding mainly just start it while getting other stuff ready and if it's really cold I drive around easy for a few minutes and then just drive like normal

Reactions: sharp and Rincon
E

elkguide

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 14, 2017
Vermont
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looking at my thermometer right now and it says -15*......

Yes. I do allow my Pioneer to warm up and get her juices flowing.
(even in the summer, all of this new technology needs to get the fluids in the corners)

Never did with all of my Big Red 3 wheelers or even my Foremen.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It was between -10 and 0° today. I let the machine idle for 15 min before loading it on the trailer and then another 10 when I got to the lake and I tried to keep it running as much as possible during the day. After riding 10-15 miles I noticed the fan start to come on if it was idling so I knew it was warm even though the outside temp was low

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
It’s not that cold in Alabama but it’s been below freezing for a week. I drive mine daily when I’m home because my truck won’t fit in our garage so I park at the shop which is a ways away. So every day going to work and then returning home from work I started it up and immediately put it in gear and take off only about 2/10 of a mile and shut it back down. Been doing that since late 2015 and over 2500 miles ago. I guess if it was single digit temps i would warm it up. My wife will go to my parents house which very close or check the mail daily also. Probably not great but I’ll treat it like I’ve treated all the other Hondas I’ve had...hope it holds up.

Reactions: sharp
J

JTW

If I’m on a ride where I’ll be working it pretty good I’ll let it warm up when I pull it off the trailer.. otherwise I just ride it.

Reactions: sharp and sugarray
D

Dasmoeturhead

I warm mine up on every start up, until the temperature indicator shows the 1st digit on the gauge cluster. Been doing that since Jan 2016 daily.

Reactions: sharp and Deluxe700
W

wyodlr

Aug 15, 2016
Cody Wyoming
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dealer here tells everyone to warm it up till you have one bar before riding

advertisement
Plongson

Plongson

May 18, 2017
Southern Utah
Ownership

1. 1000-5
"the back of my farm...only about 100 yards"

Whatch'a rais'n there pard', pygmy goats and miniature pony's??

Just teasing ya'...not much else going on today... :)

Reactions: JTW
R

RickMaynard

May 22, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
"the back of my farm...only about 100 yards"

Whatch'a rais'n there pard', pygmy goats and miniature pony's??

Just teasing ya'...not much else going on today... :)

It’s a “hay” farm

Reactions: JTW
X4Dice

X4Dice

Jun 3, 2016
USA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-3
This is one of the main reasons you should use synthetic oil. It helps and it does not hurt the clutches, at least it has never hurt any of the wet clutches that I have been running for the last twenty-five years. Mark
Do you run synthetic oil year round?

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!