P1000m5 Water depth

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Hi everyone. I am new to Honda and this will be my first sxs. I am going to pick up a pioneer 1000-5 deluxe on Saturday and while I'm up in Oklahoma the wife and daughter and I are going to hit up a off road park that we have been to before when I had a Jeep. I've been reading about the water in the intake issue and will do a snorkel pretty soon but I'm basically going to leave the dealer and go to the park and play. There is some water crossing at the park and it being brand new I'm not going to go hitting the water fast or anything but what I was curious about was if I slowly wadded in some water how deep could I go before I start taking water in breather tubes or worse the intake. If someone has a pic or could say like up to the seat or headlights or something it would help a lot. I don't want to hurt it but do want to drive and enjoy it. Also about 50% of the park is on the other side of the river. Thanks for your replays and sorry for the long post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As long as you keep it under the Honda on the grill you should be fine. Don't know exact height. Personally I wouldn't go deeper than the seat. Before you hit the water check your intake connections under the seat. There have been several that were loose.. Including mine.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
As long as you keep it under the Honda on the grill you should be fine. Don't know exact height. Personally I wouldn't go deeper than the seat. Before you hit the water check your intake connections under the seat. There have been several that were loose.. Including mine.

@zin01 if your dealer is like the one I purchased mine at they will review where everything it at when you go to pick up. I would specifically ask them for piece of mind but @GlockMeister advice is the same I would give.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Nameplate like everyone else saying is safe no wake and if there's a drop off... Vent lines don't bother me as much as that intake because those things can be cleared out if necessary just be careful and redirect that airflow as soon as possible.
Welcome to the forum!

advertisement
Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Thanks all. I will take it easy and try to not go over the tires. At least until I get it snorkeled

Reactions: Dp5hunter and sharp
Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Snorkeled AND vented.

Yes sir. I am looking at doing it maybe a little cheaper just need to figure out all the vent places and what size tubing by them all the way up to the roof and put a fuel filter on the top of them.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
SheepCreekAK

SheepCreekAK

Apr 20, 2016
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is to deep. With out vents extend Eee639c1d10ecb87e262d862527c76e8

J

JTW

Yes sir. I am looking at doing it maybe a little cheaper just need to figure out all the vent places and what size tubing by them all the way up to the roof and put a fuel filter on the top of them.

Just buy the kit... it's $30 and will save you money and time. It has direction with it! Also, the one I bought has the fuel filters with it.

J

Jpred1

Mar 25, 2017
Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think sin got his answer. I'd like to add on to his ? Hope he doesn't mind. Anyone who is snorkeled have any deep pics? A lot of people here ride creeks a lot, just curious how the electronics are holding up to continued submersion after all is vented and snorkeled

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Just buy the kit... it's $30 and will save you money and time. It has direction with it! Also, the one I bought has the fuel filters with it.

JTW do you know where I could find that kit? That's not a bad price at all. Also I'm trying to look up snorkel builds. I've found a lot of pics of them completed but haven't found a build thread yet. Thanks all. I'll post a pic in a few if I can figure it out.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!