P1000m5 Water depth

J

JTW

JTW do you know where I could find that kit? That's not a bad price at all. Also I'm trying to look up snorkel builds. I've found a lot of pics of them completed but haven't found a build thread yet. Thanks all. I'll post a pic in a few if I can figure it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There are a couple members on here selling them..

I ordered this one...
P1000 - Vent Tube Relocation Kits

@Bayouownbeer also makes one..

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hi everyone. I am new to Honda and this will be my first sxs. I am going to pick up a pioneer 1000-5 deluxe on Saturday and while I'm up in Oklahoma the wife and daughter and I are going to hit up a off road park that we have been to before when I had a Jeep. I've been reading about the water in the intake issue and will do a snorkel pretty soon but I'm basically going to leave the dealer and go to the park and play. There is some water crossing at the park and it being brand new I'm not going to go hitting the water fast or anything but what I was curious about was if I slowly wadded in some water how deep could I go before I start taking water in breather tubes or worse the intake. If someone has a pic or could say like up to the seat or headlights or something it would help a lot. I don't want to hurt it but do want to drive and enjoy it. Also about 50% of the park is on the other side of the river. Thanks for your replays and sorry for the long post.

Dealer told me, not above exhaust tip. Any one extending the tail pipe up?

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
You ought to try getting out of reverse sometime.

You might like it!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well, we are very backward here, would hate to stick out like a sore thumb. LOL

advertisement
Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
I ordered the vent breather kit from jkwoffroad. Looking forward to getting and getting it installed.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
D

Dpreucil

Jul 6, 2017
Eastern Nebraska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I got my 2016 1000-5 in some deep water. The front seat is totally saturated and you can hear the water slosh from end to end if you move it back & forth. Anyone have any bright ideas on how to get the water out. It's draining a little through the seam between the plastic & vinyl but is still soaked 4 days later. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
I drilled 2 holes about 1/8 inch on the top and bottom and by top and bottom I mean if you take the seat off and stand it up with the back facing you there is a plastic lip that ease the letting the water drain very well so I drilled 2 holes there and on the other side so when it seemed to slow draining one way I turned it the other way. It's not a perfect fix but it did help

Reactions: Dp5hunter and JTW
J

JTW

I got my 2016 1000-5 in some deep water. The front seat is totally saturated and you can hear the water slosh from end to end if you move it back & forth. Anyone have any bright ideas on how to get the water out. It's draining a little through the seam between the plastic & vinyl but is still soaked 4 days later. Thanks in advance for your suggestions!
Drill a hole in the plastic edge on the bottom and set it on its end.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
There are 2 rubber cushions on the bottom side of the seat, take them out and see if that helps, takes a good set of pliers.,

D

Dpreucil

Jul 6, 2017
Eastern Nebraska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I drilled 2 holes about 1/8 inch on the top and bottom and by top and bottom I mean if you take the seat off and stand it up with the back facing you there is a plastic lip that ease the letting the water drain very well so I drilled 2 holes there and on the other side so when it seemed to slow draining one way I turned it the other way. It's not a perfect fix but it did help

Thank you! Just so I'm clear, are you talking about drilling holes in the plastic tabs on the back of the seat--where it is inserted in the body or on the left & right ends, where the plastic bends upward to meet the vinyl? Sorry, not trying to be difficult.

Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
Thank you! Just so I'm clear, are you talking about drilling holes in the plastic tabs on the back of the seat--where it is inserted in the body or on the left & right ends, where the plastic bends upward to meet the vinyl? Sorry, not trying to be difficult.

On the left and right ends where the plastic bends upwards. Your not being difficult I should have taken a pic last night it's hard to explain.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
D

Dpreucil

Jul 6, 2017
Eastern Nebraska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
On the left and right ends where the plastic bends upwards. Your not being difficult I should have taken a pic last night it's hard to explain.

Thanks again. I drilled more holes last night. The foam will now need to dry out over time. Nothing smells finer than that skanky Platte River swill. Am now looking for a 3rd party seat that's better designed, including heat relief.

SheepCreekAK

SheepCreekAK

Apr 20, 2016
Anchorage Alaska
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks again. I drilled more holes last night. The foam will now need to dry out over time. Nothing smells finer than that skanky Platte River swill. Am now looking for a 3rd party seat that's better designed, including heat relief.
I did the same to mine but it took all winter to fry out. I'm going to look in to some different material for the seat because I really don't want to wait that long again.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!