P1000m5 Water depth

R

rkwerner

Jun 15, 2017
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The breathers are located fairly low and believe me you don't want to flood the thing. I just spent the last week tearing my rig down to clean it up after a puddle turned out to be deeper than anticipated. The subtrans and gas tank had taken in muddy water and the grand total was over $200 in filters and fluids and a week of nights of work to get everything back to where I felt comfortable.

I will be snorkeling it so that I don't have this problem in the future. I got lucky this time and didn't hydrolock the engine but I don't want to count on luck again.

Reactions: Smitty335
Z

zin01

May 2, 2017
Royse City
The breathers are located fairly low and believe me you don't want to flood the thing. I just spent the last week tearing my rig down to clean it up after a puddle turned out to be deeper than anticipated. The subtrans and gas tank had taken in muddy water and the grand total was over $200 in filters and fluids and a week of nights of work to get everything back to where I felt comfortable.

I will be snorkeling it so that I don't have this problem in the future. I got lucky this time and didn't hydrolock the engine but I don't want to count on luck again.

Yeah after everything I read I got the vent relocation kit and did a pvc snorkel and it looks pretty good and works awesome a 2" coupling will fit nice inside the stock intake tube thing that is under the hood. I put a good bead of butyl then shoved it in there and let the butyl set up and it will be waterproof.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!