P1000 Water in tie rod boots

B

Bones

Dec 10, 2017
Bourbon Mo.
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bent a tie rod last weekend and during disassemble noticed the boot had water in it. Original clamps were on both ends and the boot is not torn or have any holes. I'm thinking about just using regular hose clamps on the boot when I put it back together. Anyone have this issue and have a remedy?

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I bent a tie rod last weekend and during disassemble noticed the boot had water in it. Original clamps were on both ends and the boot is not torn or have any holes. I'm thinking about just using regular hose clamps on the boot when I put it back together. Anyone have this issue and have a remedy?

I was going to use hose clamps on mine but it's a pain to get in there. I switched the inners to zip ties and it makes changing tie rods a lot easier