P1000 Water

RampageRhino

RampageRhino

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2017
Ownership

1. Talon R

2. Talon X4
Pressure wash my machine today and got some water in the intake what's the easiest way to get the water out of there

Bayouownbeer

Bayouownbeer

Lifetime Member
Jun 3, 2014
Chauvin LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I would say move the air filter and blow compressed air back towards the front. Seal off around your air nozzle with a rag. Blow it out real good.

Reactions: BWAF
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
@Mudd_Man has a video of adding a drain plug to a 1000 which shows where the water would accumulate!

But If I had let’s just say a gallon of water sitting in the intake tubes I would take a shop vac and section of small rubber flexible hose, plugging the gap around the shop vac hose and rubber hose to avoid loosing suction, and vacuum it out!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I doubt compressed air would work, you need something with volume vs pressure. If you have a leaf blower, i would suggest using it from the engine side of the tract, blow it back thru the hood.

Reactions: JACKAL and Hondasxs
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@Mudd_Man has a video of adding a drain plug to a 1000 which shows where the water would accumulate!

But If I had let’s just say a gallon of water sitting in the intake tubes I would take a shop vac and section of small rubber flexible hose, plugging the gap around the shop vac hose and rubber hose to avoid loosing suction, and vacuum it out!

Drains the best way. I never had any in mine but I watched @Mudd_Man videos. Shopvac or leaf blower don’t have near the volume to get it ALL, you’ll probably spend more time getting a good seal to get some than just crawling under and creating a drain hole. Water is too dense of a fluid for it to all make the lift on either end of the intake tract.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
That’s cool, is it above the stock skid or can it be accessed without removing the skid. And how would one know there was water in the intake before it was sucked into the motor???

Reactions: RampageRhino
CPope

CPope

Lifetime Member
Dec 18, 2015
Pulaski TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
6A8D5188 D7BC 4C54 BC5B 37C794742BAC
194795EE DF79 4BE8 A01C A124528D429D
You are going to have to take the rubber coupling off under the seat right where the intake tube makes kinda like a p trap and remove all the water, we had to do this on the trail for my buddy’s rig at the takeover. Winched the front in the air to let most water drain to this location. About a 30 minute job.

advertisement
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Like was mentioned a drain at the bottom is the best route.
Imho if it was just a little water it’s really no big deal. Water evaporates especially with air movement. It has to be pulled a long ways up to even get into the filter and the air movement wouldn’t bring a little bit it takes quite a bit to fill up and to be sucked in. The only real other possibility is climbing a really steep hill. If it was an ounce or so from simply washing it don’t be alarmed.

BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like was mentioned a drain at the bottom is the best route.
Imho if it was just a little water it’s really no big deal. Water evaporates especially with air movement. It has to be pulled a long ways up to even get into the filter and the air movement wouldn’t bring a little bit it takes quite a bit to fill up and to be sucked in. The only real other possibility is climbing a really steep hill. If it was an ounce or so from simply washing it don’t be alarmed.
Water is horse power in diesel .

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk

RampageRhino

RampageRhino

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2017
Ownership

1. Talon R

2. Talon X4
Water is horse power in diesel .

Sent from my SM-G930U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the info. It wasn't from washing it. It had a loose clamp on the very bottom hoses. Water didn't make it to the eng. But the air filter was wet. Tore it all apart and tighted all the clamps down. Going to wash the eng. down to make it look new again till the next ride lol.

20180429 165959

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Thanks for the info. It wasn't from washing it. It had a loose clamp on the very bottom hoses. Water didn't make it to the eng. But the air filter was wet. Tore it all apart and tighted all the clamps down. Going to wash the eng. down to make it look new again till the next ride lol.

View attachment 73896
If the filter was wet make sure to change oil as well.

RampageRhino

RampageRhino

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2017
Ownership

1. Talon R

2. Talon X4
If the filter was wet make sure to change oil as well.
Oil filters and air filter and oil will be here today ordered it last week because it' do a service check the dipstick the oil looked fine wasn't milky looking. I think I just got lucky with it. I think it happened from the Takeover

Reactions: Eltobgi and BWAF
T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
RampageRhino was the loose clamp under the floorboard or at the bottom of the air filter housing in front of the bed is that a solid hose or is it in sections with different clamps

Reactions: BWAF
RampageRhino

RampageRhino

Supporting Member
Aug 17, 2017
Ownership

1. Talon R

2. Talon X4
RampageRhino was the loose clamp under the floorboard or at the bottom of the air filter housing in front of the bed is that a solid hose or is it in sections with different clamps
It was the first clamp at the bottom of the floor board as it starts up towards the back of the air box

Reactions: Eltobgi and BWAF
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!