P700 WE vs Fox Shocks?

TimmyBoy84

TimmyBoy84

Aug 5, 2015
Southern California
So I maybe in the market for some new shocks, the WE look awesome but the Fox seem like more of a bargain. Has anyone with the Fox Podiums run trails with 4 people in the P4? I always have mine loaded with 4 (usually the lighter bodies in back but still around 300-400lbs back there including the mutt :D). Does it handle the weight well through whoops and still not bottom out? If so I may just bite the bullet and spend the extra $$$ on the WE with the 2" shock body and larger spring instead of the Fox with the 1.5". If the Fox shocks work out I can get a couple more goodies like my Dobeck chip :D and a few more lights but the WE will eat up my budget :(.

bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
What are you finding for price compare?

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've got the we on the front and I'm so impressed by them my rears will be here tomorrow. I didn't go with the piggyback and the front hasn't faded one bit. No experience with the fox.

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have the fox setup. I really doubt you will have a problem with the extra weight of passengers if you adjust them correctly. I have a P-2 so I can't say for sure, but I have driven around with 300-400 pounds of feed in the bed and didn't have any problems. Of course I wasn't going through whoops either. I think either one will be a great choice to upgrade the suspension but because going with fox means you'll get to do some other upgrades, I'd be leaning towards the fox.

TimmyBoy84

TimmyBoy84

Aug 5, 2015
Southern California
What are you finding for price compare?
Well I've seen the Foxs go for $1150ish+ on ebay and the WE are $460+ per shock if i go piggyback/reservoir, unless monotubes are enough cuz they're larger?

Im sure i can adjust them, the main thing is bottom out. Upgrades are pointless if i gotta slow down for every whoop lol

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I haven't bottomed the fronts out they have a big rubber stopper so if you did you might not notice. Also you can tell the shock builder what your concerns are and they might be able to set up a pair for you. At least elkas do

Tflynn

Tflynn

Not a liberal
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jan 12, 2015
Northern California
Ownership

1. 700-2
I don't think you'll have a problem bottoming out with either. I bottomed mine out once in the front. I was trying to test their limits (and scare my wife) so I went full throttle off a 3 foot drop to flat bottom. That did it! It wasn't even really that bad because of the rubber bump stops that are built in like @Plumber32 mentioned. If for some reason you do have bottoming out problems with either brand you can always install a heavier spring. That's something to remember with any of the high end aftermarket shocks, you can change them and customize them to your liking. But I really think the fox's would be fine out of the box with some minor adjustments. Sounds like what you really need is what I've been waiting for- a long travel kit!

TimmyBoy84

TimmyBoy84

Aug 5, 2015
Southern California
I figured i could always go with an upgraded spring too and i thought about calling Fox to get some more info and some answers to some of my concerns before dropping that kinda scratch for shocks lol. There's a big Sand sport expo this weekend i may go to so hopefully some of the shock vendors are there and can get some good info there too.

bagotaco

bagotaco

Apr 16, 2015
I put the fox podiums on the front of my 700-4 and was able to jump it a couple feet off th ground without it bottoming. I've also be in some rough rocky conditions without a problem. Very smooth. I bought mine used off a rzr 900 for $300 a pair. Looking for another set for the rear now. You won't go wrong with either set. Anything is better than the stock shocks

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I put the fox podiums on the front of my 700-4 and was able to jump it a couple feet off th ground without it bottoming. I've also be in some rough rocky conditions without a problem. Very smooth. I bought mine used off a rzr 900 for $300 a pair. Looking for another set for the rear now. You won't go wrong with either set. Anything is better than the stock shocks

If you have not already and you do a thread specific on this?

That way, those of us wanting to do the same thing would know which shocks to get exactly. What year is the donor vehicle? From the donor vehicle, did you use front shocks for your shocks?

Was it a direct swap? Or did you have to do some custom work?

Thank you, Joe

Reactions: bobbyhill
advertisement
TimmyBoy84

TimmyBoy84

Aug 5, 2015
Southern California
Yea, I think a set of slinkies would ride better than the stock shocks lol :D. Thanks everyone too for all the info, very helpful to get different points of view on everyone's set ups. Who knows, maybe I might still snag some used ones like Bagotaco too :cool::).

TimmyBoy84

TimmyBoy84

Aug 5, 2015
Southern California
Saw this guys ad up on CL again, may have to go check these out also. $450 for all 4 and he said they may be off a 2011 Rzr 800
Upload 2015 9 17 10 8 14

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
That's makes me curious if those will fit. That's why I'm hoping those that have done it can enlighten us on which donor vehicle. Will those from an 800 rzr work?

bagotaco

bagotaco

Apr 16, 2015
If you have not already and you do a thread specific on this?

That way, those of us wanting to do the same thing would know which shocks to get exactly. What year is the donor vehicle? From the donor vehicle, did you use front shocks for your shocks?

Was it a direct swap? Or did you have to do some custom work?

Thank you, Joe

I did a thread the title was "RZR Shocks??" It has all the info in it. Mine was the rear set of a 2012. I did have to make a simple bolt on bracket but there is another set that will be direct bolt on.

Reactions: joeymt33
bagotaco

bagotaco

Apr 16, 2015
Saw this guys ad up on CL again, may have to go check these out also. $450 for all 4 and he said they may be off a 2011 Rzr 800
View attachment 6401

I dont believe the fronts will work (rzr is lighter so the spring will sag). Those are the backs I used. The other shock they have (the ones without the piggyback ) will be the direct bolt on. Just make sure you use the rear

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Curious as to how you guys have your suspension set up or how far down you screwed the adjusters

TimmyBoy84

TimmyBoy84

Aug 5, 2015
Southern California
So after going to the sand sport show and talking to walker evans guy I think im going to go with their monotubes all around. They're a bigger shock body and spring and if i want to upgrade to say reservoirs to fine tune them like the Foxs he say like $150 per shock. I like the larger body and spring idea for my application and trail riding i do and for all the big bodies that ride with me sometimes in the back lol.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!