K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
You know you wanted a 1000 anyway...
Not in the cards.
Its had a wierd electrical thing for awhile. I posted a thread and video a while back.
Did the same thing tonight and I did my usual work around of removing the negative cable. Didnt work. Kinda sounded like buzzing of a starter after. Couldnt get it going again. Multimeter shows 12.78v. It is the original battery so I may start with a battery replacement and go from there. I hate electrical issues

H

HondaTech

Check one thing for me will you?

Next to the fuse box is the relays for everything. If the clicking in your last video is still present the relay that is making the noise should be apparent. If it is, swap it out for the headlight relay. The headlight relay will have 2 brown, 1 green and a black/white wire going to it. See if that fixes your problem.

I had a problem with a "14 model that wouldn't allow you to turn power off to the entire unit, even with the key removed from the ignition the dash would stay completely lit up.

K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Took the battery back to NAPA and a different guy is working the counter. Tested good again. I said just sell me a battery. Brought it home and did all the stuff to get it ready. Put it in and she fired right up.

Diverguy

Diverguy

Oct 8, 2018
PA, USA
Ownership

1. 700-4
I've seen that mice will chew on the wires because of a soy based covering. I put a sonic rodent repeller in the garage at my camp where I keep my 700-4D. Seems to do a good job of keeping rodents out, and avoiding expensive repair bills.

L

longbeards

Feb 25, 2014
Had similar issue and it was the key switch,,go figure!

Reactions: Mudwing
K

kswaterfowler

Oct 18, 2015
Kansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
So I have noticed it doesnt shift right now. Dont know if its related to this issue or what.

P

PolkaJoe

Nov 5, 2017
NEPA
Ownership

1. 700-4
For what it’s worth, I had a similar issue with my motorcycle last year on a 2 year old battery. Multimeter showed good voltage, charging output was good when running, but every once and a while without warning .. no start. Wait 5 minutes and it would crank over like nothing was wrong and be fine for two weeks ... or two days. Battery tested good at the local auto parts store. I replaced the battery out of frustration and haven’t had a single problem since.

Reactions: Plumber32
ReidMcT

ReidMcT

Lifetime Member
Sep 13, 2017
Hunt, TX
Ownership

1. 700-2
For what it’s worth, I had a similar issue with my motorcycle last year on a 2 year old battery. Multimeter showed good voltage, charging output was good when running, but every once and a while without warning .. no start. Wait 5 minutes and it would crank over like nothing was wrong and be fine for two weeks ... or two days. Battery tested good at the local auto parts store. I replaced the battery out of frustration and haven’t had a single problem since.

That reads like poor cable connections that got cleaned up when you installed the new battery. Any time I have trouble that seems like a bad battery, I first check the all the connections are shiny bright and tight.

Reactions: jwfirebird

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!