P500 Went to the dealership to purchase a 500, and then...

G

GregZoe

Apr 7, 2016
Pennsylvania
Started looking at the CFMoto ZForce the dealer had. Sitting right next to the 500, it was hard to miss.

Started talking to the dealer and he great things to say about them, however he didn't push me either way, he said both CFMoto & Honda make great machines, Honda just has a much longer track record.

I know this is a Honda forum, but am I crazy for even considering the CFMoto over the Honda. Did some searching online and the CFMoto get great reviews. What do you guys think?

K

Kilroy

Apr 1, 2016
Missouri
The only experience with CFMoto I have is with their 150cc and 250cc scooter motors. I had a Q Link 250 scooter and just sold a Carter mini dune buggy with a 150cc motor. Their GY6 Honda clone motors are pretty good.

Do you want a geared transmission or a CVT transmission? I can tell you from experience with the buggy, the belts on the CVT transmissions do not like to get wet and will slip. I looked at man different brands/types of UTV's before deciding on the P500. FOr the price and what I wanted it for, the P500 was the best choice/value for me.

G

GregZoe

Apr 7, 2016
Pennsylvania
I don't have a preference on the transmission, but you make a good point. I plan on adding a snow plow and will mainly be using it as a work machine. It won't be ridden hard.

SBuckJ

SBuckJ

Jan 21, 2015
Central PA
The only problems I have heard about the CF Moto is if, when needed, the parts are available. Other than that I have a friend that owns one and has a few issues, but mostly minor..but then again it is driven by his elderly father..gently. I guess I may have confused you even more-LOL

G

GregZoe

Apr 7, 2016
Pennsylvania
Not at all, I appreciate any advice or experience you guys have with CFMoto. I am just trying to keep an open mind.

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Everyone here is going to tell you to buy the Honda. There are many good reasons to choose the Honda: parts, maintenance items, reliability, and here is another thing to consider: Have you ever tried to sell a used CFMoto, or Kymco, or Massimo, or any other off brand machine? Good luck with that...

At least if you buy the Honda and don't like it, it won't be hard to sell.

I have a little chinese quad for my daughter. It's junk. Maybe the CFMoto is better quality than this little quad, but I won't be wasting any more money on knock-offs.

C

Chooglin

I have to say , the cfmoto is a nice looking machine and comes with alot of extra goodies but if I was spending 9k-10k on a machine , it would be on the one with the reputation !!
They could very well be a great machine , I just couldn't risk that kind of money on one !!

G

GregZoe

Apr 7, 2016
Pennsylvania
I know what you mean, but then again, what isn't made in China anymore>:)

My iphone, Dell computer, and Vizio tv for example. Again not trying to talk my self into it, just wondering if made in China is such a bad thing.

Reactions: Chooglin
advertisement
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I know what you mean, but then again, what isn't made in China anymore>:)

My iphone, Dell computer, and Vizio tv for example. Again not trying to talk my self into it, just wondering if made in China is such a bad thing.
It isn't necessarily a bad thing. Division of labor, economics... However, in my experience, the chinese ATV's are not anywhere near the quality level of a Honda. Maybe it's not fair of me to generalize all of the off brands, but think of it like this. I've owned around 10 Honda machines. ATV's, Motorcycle, Scooter, and now a side by side. I've owned one Chinese quad. I have had more problems with my daughter's Chinese quad than I have had with all the Honda's put together over the last 20+ years. Maybe it's a lemon, but i'm not taking any more chances.

No matter what you choose, I wish you the best of luck and hope you enjoy your new machine, Honda or not! :)

G

GregZoe

Apr 7, 2016
Pennsylvania
I am in the same boat as you, as soon as I hear China I think low quality. The dealer wasn't pushing me either way, but he had a lot of good things to say about CFMoto and after taking it for a drive I have to say I was impressed as far as build and how it drove.

I definitely like the CFMoto better as far as looks and initial drive, it's the durability that concerns me, which in the case of the Honda is a no brainer.

Last edited:
Gem99Ultra

Gem99Ultra

Dec 29, 2015
Warm Springs, GA
Started looking at the CFMoto ZForce the dealer had. Sitting right next to the 500, it was hard to miss.

Started talking to the dealer and he great things to say about them, however he didn't push me either way, he said both CFMoto & Honda make great machines, Honda just has a much longer track record.

I know this is a Honda forum, but am I crazy for even considering the CFMoto over the Honda. Did some searching online and the CFMoto get great reviews. What do you guys think?

I can think of a couple of reasons to go Honda...
Disc brakes; dual in front, mono for rear
Fuel injected
Paddle shift geared transmission
Proven success record.
Digital monitoring system
Major dealership support

But - one can and should spend their money where it makes them happy...

Reactions: SBuckJ
G

GregZoe

Apr 7, 2016
Pennsylvania
Great points, I tried doing some searching online hoping that I would find a a lot of negative feedback on the CF Moto, but for the most part buyers seem very happy with them. I have had Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha and have always had good luck.

Honda is definitely the safe bet.

Gator

Gator

The Most Unknown Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 16, 2015
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
How much are you talking about saving?

Another way of asking this questions is... If the Chinese machine is crap, how much money have you just flushed.

If you want to save $3000-$4000 buy a used Honda.

Dollar-for-Dollar I'd take my chances on a 2-3 year old Honda over an unknown.

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Great points, I tried doing some searching online hoping that I would find a a lot of negative feedback on the CF Moto, but for the most part buyers seem very happy with them. I have had Honda, Suzuki, and Yamaha and have always had good luck.

Honda is definitely the safe bet.
Alot of reviews are people being paid
BEWARE

sthomp54

sthomp54

Jun 11, 2015
I had never heard of that model so I looked it up. Seems like a RZR clone...if you are looking for a RZR type vehicle you may as well just get the real deal 570 base model at abernathys for $8700. The P500 is not meant to compete with a RZR even though they are both 50" wide.

bigbore

bigbore

Jan 5, 2016

Get the CFMoto so we can see how well it holds up on your dime.:D

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!