100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What’s overlanding? I do enjoy an exhilarating ride! As for gear, I have no idea? I’ve just always had this dream to explore the west and see the places my babies once freely roamed.
You sound like @JTW and @montycriscobutt had a love child...

G

GuyOnABuffalo

I have 1000-5 over 8000 miles 1300 hr 0 problems .I use it on my cattle farm and ride in Missouri and Arkansas . Is it a plush Trail machine no but I can load my two kids up go trail ride and have a good day then bring it home and work it on farm. if I ever buy a two-seat machine it will be R Max 1000 or krx unless Honda comes out with something different it could be a Talon if they lower the gearing and a diff lock like a crawler model
Well, I don’t think my partner and I have to worry about children and our babies won’t fit in any machine. Oops, I see the error of my offensive comment earlier. I apologize!

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you sir! I appreciate you’re input. I’ll try and do that. I just thought it best to do some research and reading before I travel as there are no dealers in my area. What machine do you prefer and why?
Budget is going to make a difference too. in my area KRX and RMax are hard to come by so still getting MSRP. The Honda dealer has a lot full but I believe They are sticking to their price as well since supply is limited. I would definitely invest in time going to look at all three before making a decision.

G

GuyOnABuffalo

Why do you have such animosity for Yamaha? Since I mentioned it as well. I knew what I wanted in a SXS and Honda Fit the bill better than any other machine. And I don’t like rubber bands when you miles from anywhere. If your looking for someone to tell you what to buy, you ain’t gonna find it here. You need to go check them out for yourself.
I don’t have any harsh feelings for any of the machines. The rmax is one of my top choices!

• Haha
Reactions: TripleB and J80
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Where the Buffalo roam....
88291F74 21B7 4857 860E 41B2A1678772
64186CD6 7ED6 4D8F 9534 1E208AF84682

advertisement
TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I have 1000-5 over 8000 miles 1300 hr 0 problems .I use it on my cattle farm and ride in Missouri and Arkansas . Is it a plush Trail machine no but I can load my two kids up go trail ride and have a good day then bring it home and work it on farm. if I ever buy a two-seat machine it will be R Max 1000 or krx unless Honda comes out with something different it could be a Talon if they lower the gearing and a diff lock like a crawler model
I agree with all of that.

G

GuyOnABuffalo

Budget is going to make a difference too. in my area KRX and RMax are hard to come by so still getting MSRP. The Honda dealer has a lot full but I believe They are sticking to their price as well since supply is limited. I would definitely invest in time going to look at all three before making a decision.
Thank you! What’s your choice of machine?

• Haha
Reactions: J80 and TripleB
Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So, I’m in the market for a new machine.. I only need 2 seats. What’s the best machine out there for someone who wants to
Ride hard and not have a bunch of issues. I’m not brand loyal to anything and would like honest opinions please. I see myself traveling and riding all types of terrain.
Honda pioneer 500

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!