Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is all I asked... never did I mention a specific atv!

View attachment 251314

it wasn’t until today that I heard about the KRX and the positive reports as well as others.
have you seen all three in person? If not first recommendation is to go to a dealer and sit in each one. most will let you drive them around the parking lot. one difference you will notice right away is how each engages as it increases speed. You will also notice the noise in the cab ... that experience alone will narrow the three down to at least 2.
note they all get warm in the summer when it is 90°+ outside and you have a full windshield. They all are louder than your car and they each feel different at different speeds.
do you need a dump bed ? That can narrow the selection down further.

it is a process of elimination of what fits your needs and likes. No wrong decisions.

G

GuyOnABuffalo

Nope... if you go to the kawisuky site you will read that they are the best. If you go to the yammadog site you will read they are the best. If you go to ANY brand site and you go through the threads you will discover they ALL have issues. So figure out what you want to do with it and find the one that best fits what you want to do. THEY ALL BREAK, some more than others because people want to cheap out on a buggy then beat the s*** out of them and go on a site and piss and moan that their buggy isn’t good because they didn’t hold up when they drove it off a cliff.
Why do you have such an animosity for the Kawasaki? Have you owned one with problems?

Tigermark

Tigermark

Outside looking in.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
I can get online and probably find a 100 people that claim a dodge omni was the most dependable car ever made. Hondas are and always have been built for reliability first. yes sometimes u sacrifice the ride could be better but I also put 2300 miles last summer and all my control arm bushings are still good most of my friends with rzr and mavericks every 1000 miles ever bushing in the suspension is trashed. its a give and take its all in what u want.
Hey,

I had a Dodge Omni in college, never had an issue 😜

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What machine would you suggest for someone looking to travel and trail ride various topography?
Honest opinion....and this is coming from a honda fan boy.....i bought a KRX. The talon was a huge letdown to me...and after driving them back to back it just reinforced for me that its the machine for my riding style. I have no input on the rmax as i haven't driven one.

G

GuyOnABuffalo

have you seen all three in person? If not first recommendation is to go to a dealer and sit in each one. most will let you drive them around the parking lot. one difference you will notice right away is how each engages as it increases speed. You will also notice the noise in the cab ... that experience alone will narrow the three down to at least 2.
note they all get warm in the summer when it is 90°+ outside and you have a full windshield. They all are louder than your car and they each feel different at different speeds.
do you need a dump bed ? That can narrow the selection down further.

it is a process of elimination of what fits your needs and likes. No wrong decisions.
Thank you sir! I appreciate you’re input. I’ll try and do that. I just thought it best to do some research and reading before I travel as there are no dealers in my area. What machine do you prefer and why?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
You have to pick the exact type of riding you want to do. Do you want to go fast and sling corners, do jumps, then you want a sport machine. Do you want to use it for hunting and hauling a lot of gear, then you go utility. Rmax, General, those are the hybids, sport/Utility. KRX if you want to travel over things with absolutely no effort.I went in knowing that I wanted to ride 50" quad trails. What do you really want to do with it is what they're asking?

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m seeing that... it appears I’ve upset some people with my queries!
It be a good thing yer Queries aren’t bundles of sticks. Buy a Honda on here. If’n ye want another brand toy like them “thosethatshallnotbenamed” then ye might wanna get all mermanicorn and go diddle with ye fiddle...

advertisement
BWAF

BWAF

I get paid to pass gas
Lifetime Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carthage MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thank you for the kind words of advice. Maybe we could get together and ride sometime. What do you have?
I have 1000-5 over 8000 miles 1300 hr 0 problems .I use it on my cattle farm and ride in Missouri and Arkansas . Is it a plush Trail machine no but I can load my two kids up go trail ride and have a good day then bring it home and work it on farm. if I ever buy a two-seat machine it will be R Max 1000 or krx unless Honda comes out with something different it could be a Talon if they lower the gearing and a diff lock like a crawler model

J80

J80

Lifetime Member
Dec 29, 2018
WNC
Thank you sir! I appreciate you’re input. I’ll try and do that. I just thought it best to do some research and reading before I travel as there are no dealers in my area. What machine do you prefer and why?
P500 cause it the baddest mother f***er on the planet it’s a drivers machine it’s won jd power award 5 years running so there is my honest opinion

G

GuyOnABuffalo

You have to pick the exact type of riding you want to do. Do you want to go fast and sling corners, do jumps, then you want a sport machine. Do you want to use it for hunting and hauling a lot of gear, then you go utility. Rmax, General, those are the hybids, sport/Utility. I went in knowing that I wanted to ride 50" quad trails. KRX if you want to travel over things with absolutely no effort. What do you really want to do with it is what they're asking?
I don’t know what to expect.. I’ve never done this before. Ha! Not the first time I’ve said that!
See I have a sense of humor!

Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Why do you have such an animosity for the Kawasaki? Have you owned one with problems?
Why do you have such animosity for Yamaha? Since I mentioned it as well. I knew what I wanted in a SXS and Honda Fit the bill better than any other machine. And I don’t like rubber bands when you miles from anywhere. If your looking for someone to tell you what to buy, you ain’t gonna find it here. You need to go check them out for yourself.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
What’s overlanding? I do enjoy an exhilarating ride! As for gear, I have no idea? I’ve just always had this dream to explore the west and see the places my babies once freely roamed.
Well the best thing you could do is meet up with @100Acre once you decide on what ride to get. he is a familiar with the west out there and has some awesome pictures of the area ...

advertisement