What’s the best machine for trail riding

G

GuyOnABuffalo

Let’s be clear... ALL machines have good points and bad points. If your going to beat the s*** out of it on the trails, it’s gonna f***in break no matter what brand you go with. If you ride somewhat easy less will break and most will hold up well, bottom line is go check them out for your self see what you like and don’t like and go for it.
Thank you... do you have a suggestion on what’s the best machine for me for trail use?

advertisement
G

GuyOnABuffalo

I’m sure they are lurking around ready to silence anyone with a alternate opinion. Just yell jtw three times they will show up in about 10 seconds that or say “have you considered a krx”
I’m sorry.. there have been several people mention this name but these references are lost on me. I have considered the rmax, talon and Krx but I’m having trouble choosing based on the differing opinions here.

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
I’m sorry.. there have been several people mention this name but these references are lost on me. I have considered the rmax, talon and Krx but I’m having trouble choosing based on the differing opinions here.
Maybe change the question... focus on pro/con of Talon here and go to other forums for those specifics of the others

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I see.. why would someone prefer that? What about the steering issues I’ve read about? There also seems to be some talk about transmission issues and something with shifting. And it seems they require a lot of suspension work.
If you ride hard, what do you ride? or maybe what have you been riding hard? Where on God's green earth have you been riding hard? And why are you and @Kilo427 both in almost total agreement? Just stuff I was wondering. If you are not JTW ( one of the cool guys here on this forum) then you really should meet him, because he can educate you on the good and bad of both the Pioneer and KRX. Good luck and I'll see you at the T.O.

G

GuyOnABuffalo

Maybe change the question... focus on pro/con of Talon here and go to other forums for those specifics of the others
I have looked at other forums and then I came here and saw what seemed like more unbiased opinion. I’ve received as many suggestions for the rmax and KRX as I have the talon. Hence my questions and search for more information. I’m unbiased to any machine.. I’m asking for suggestion and opinions on the three above and yet I’m getting all this hostile reaction. I don’t understand. I haven’t done anything to anyone to warrant such rude behavior!

G

GuyOnABuffalo

If you ride hard, what do you ride? or maybe what have you been riding hard? Where on God's green earth have you been riding hard? And why are you and @Kilo427 both in almost total agreement? Just stuff I was wondering. If you are not JTW ( one of the cool guys here on this forum) then you really should meet him, because he can educate you on the good and bad of both the Pioneer and KRX. Good luck and I'll see you at the T.O.
I don’t have a machine yet.. I don’t understand the kiol Reference.. what are we in agreement on? What’s the takeover?

Coeus

Coeus

Major General
Lifetime Member
Dec 9, 2019
Signal Mountain, TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R4 LV
I have looked at other forums and then I came here and saw what seemed like more unbiased opinion. I’ve received as many suggestions for the rmax and KRX as I have the talon. Hence my questions and search for more information. I’m unbiased to any machine.. I’m asking for suggestion and opinions on the three above and yet I’m getting all this hostile reaction. I don’t understand. I haven’t done anything to anyone to warrant such rude behavior!
Mention KRX on a Honda forum and you might get some ...

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!