P1000 What are you using for a trail jack ?

Dirtstiffs-1000

Dirtstiffs-1000

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Nov 3, 2018
Republican from the wet side of Oregonifornia
hondasxs.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A riding buddy turned me on to the roll bar mounts and rim strap for my Sheepherder, as we called it - Highlift Jack.
They are great when you need them and dangerous if not paying attention. I've thrown my 30 yr old Jack away a few times after it nearly broke my jaw, but it works when needed.

20190706 192051 20190703 164011

Reactions: Mudwing
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Not once needed a jack so we don’t carry one. Most of the time there’s another rig be it ours or a friends and we just tug it over. If no other rig then front or rear winch works good from a tree. Someone could drive up a tree or a rock a little too. Actually scared of using jacks in the field.

G

GWH

Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2018
Las Vegas Nevads
Ownership

1. 1000-5
A riding buddy turned me on to the roll bar mounts and rim strap for my Sheepherder, as we called it - Highlift Jack.
They are great when you need them and dangerous if not paying attention. I've thrown my 30 yr old Jack away a few times after it nearly broke my jaw, but it works when needed.

View attachment 141685 View attachment 141686
Yep that’s exactly where I mounted mine.And my experiences w handyman jacks are very similar to yours,you definitely need to keep them maintained,and pay attn!

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
In Nevada in the middle of bfe,no cell service no trees ,no friends a jacks kinda handy
I guess I’d drive up the cooler if had to lol. Ya in that terrain I’d consider carrying one

H

hemifoot

i carry my viair and a plug kit.no spare tire right now,but if/when i actually get one it will probably be a scissor jack.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
i carry my viair and a plug kit.no spare tire right now,but if/when i actually get one it will probably be a scissor jack.

The handyman jacks are a lot more versatile, not to mention making a good bumper.

Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
I carry a little scissor jack. It's light and small. All I'd use it for is changing a tire. I also carry a small come-along and have the winch on the machine. A 36" high lift is heavy, where could it actually hook into the machine to jack it up and where do you store it?
This is where I store mine and I have an attachment that goes on the jack and attaches most anywhere to lift.

Upload 2019 7 18 10 58 33

O

oldfortyfive

Lifetime Member
Dec 6, 2015
Illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Neither a winch or jack can do it all, best to have both. I also carry a earth anchor just in case too.

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have a 36” HiLift mounted on my front bumper. It was on my 500 but it transferred to the 1000 easily enough. It’s gotten a bit bent over time but it’s easy enough to bend it back. Kinda lopsided too...
C08B0AA2 DB93 4DED B1F9 5F5CC8FE0BC4

H

hemifoot

fyi, an easy diy anchor,10 ft' of chain,a half dozen pieces of rebar (or more if you trail in sand) around 18",lay the chain in a v ,pound some rebar thru the links and attach the winch line to the point of the v.works really good if you have nothing to cable to.i carry a bag with it in my truck.i've used it once but it saved my ass.

Reactions: Mudwing
J

JTW

fyi, an easy diy anchor,10 ft' of chain,a half dozen pieces of rebar (or more if you trail in sand) around 18",lay the chain in a v ,pound some rebar thru the links and attach the winch line to the point of the v.works really good if you have nothing to cable to.i carry a bag with it in my truck.i've used it once but it saved my ass.
That’s a lot of freak’n weight!

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!