What brought you to Hondasxs.com and the Pioneer?

K9Paco

K9Paco

Lifetime Member
Apr 22, 2018
Lake Charles, La
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Had a Harley for a while but it was just a me thing. The wife and I were talking about getting something that the family (4) could do together and thought about a SxS. I was thinking at the time that we would either have to get 2 machines or I’d be driving a damn limo through the woods. I really didn’t like the idea of the limo out on the trails. After my enclosed trailer was robbed and my stepfathers Honda generator was stolen, I went with him to our local dealer to replace it. While there I seen the Pioneers with the extra seats and the short wheel base and liked the idea. A week or two later, the family and I were on our way to a birthday party out of town and we’re a little early. I suggested that we stop in at the power sports dealer and check out a few different models. The wife liked the idea of the Pioneers. I was thinking of the cheeper 700-4 but while test driving them the wife liked the higher doors of the 1000-5 better. I shopped around on line and found the best deal for me at the time and drove across Louisiana to New Orleans for the Labor Day 2nd Amendment tax free weekend in 2017. The family loved the smooth trails and scenery of Wolf Pen Gap but hated the bugs, tight/technical trails, and less scenery of Moccasin Gap/Mack’s Pines. So now I’m hopefully going to the TO just for me so that I can enjoy it but work still could prevent me from going, maybe.

I found the forums while researching places to ride and I think I joined a few pages on FB which brought me here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KyleC

KyleC

Apr 21, 2019
Pittsburgh, PA
Ownership

1. 700-2
Started out with a Ranger 500, after making the decision to get a SXS. Researched a little, as I didn't prefer the belt drive, downhill free wheel, noisy. (Not going to knock it to much, as it never left me stranded) Eventually found a '14 700-2 for the right price (I'm cheap and buy used), which I'm figuring out is tough to do with Pioneers... After bringing it home, I began researching the add-ons, and it eventually brought me here. Lurked for a while, sucking up the vast wealth of knowledge here. Spent a bunch of money, lol, and have enjoyed it. Excited to meet the people on here at my first TO, most to thank for answers/suggestions, some to blame for making me spend a bunch of 💲🤫, and some, to party with... lol.

Last edited:
Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
I was talking to the wife about purchasing an ATV for plowing snow, work around the yard and trail riding to upgrade from my ‘85 Big Red. She said that I should get something that the family can enjoy like a SxS. The words barely made it out of her mouth and I was out the door. I went right to the Honda dealer as Honda would be my only choice and tried to check one out. The dealer didn’t have one on site but did have one in his warehouse that he said he’ll bring over. I thanked him and said I might be back later to check it out. I drove down the road and called the wife and told her I might hold off to do some more research. She gave me the whole”you work too much speech” and “you deserve this” so I turned around to go back to the dealer and sure enough he brought one from the warehouse and had his mechanics assembling a 700-4. I took one look at the beautiful red color and fell in love. I noticed the VIN number on the hood and the last four digits were the same as my cell number. Serendipity? Possibly. I turned to the dealer and said “I’ll take it!” Zero research, no test drive or any shopping around and I bought it. Lovin every minute of the MudMachine and the tons of fun it brought to me and my family. So in my down time, I was looking around online to learn more about my machine and found this site. It was almost like my purchase as I was hooked instantly. Great group of people with tons of knowledge, experience and shenanigans. Thanks HondaSxS. You da man 😉😎

Mopower58

Mopower58

CST is the Best!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Had my stroke,had a Rhino and needed something a little more user friendly and more power. :cool:Got the P1K-3 then found Hondasxs.com while looking for add ons.

IMG 0212

highpocket74

highpocket74

Vendor
Jul 2, 2019
Kinder, Louisiana
www.10-80dirtsports.com
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon X
We had Honda sport ATVs until 2012 when we switched to RZR because they worked great with kids and were sporty. Waited and waited for Honda to answer the RZR but nothing materialized until the Talon. Then we became interested in Red again, but we already had Polaris machines for the family. Due to an unfortunate fire with my RZR S 1000, I was forced to research a replacement. Talons were more expensive than my RZR and wider but they were in the hunt because it's Honda and no belt (although I never had belt problems). After much consideration the wife and I decided the Talon was a better value. So we bought a '19 Talon X in Jan. 2020. Like it so far. I knew nothing about these machines so I had to find a source like the RZR Forum and ended up here. I like this forum because it covers ALL of the Honda UTVs, not only the Talon or Pioneer. Thanks for a helpful forum to all the members.
IMG 6020

Last edited:
JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
The wife and I were riding a Rancher 420AT and a Rincon in 2011 at Hatfield McCoy, she commented on how the SXS ( primarily RZRs) seemed to ride so smoothly on the rocky trails compared to ATVs. Having only owned Hondas since 1974 was desperately waiting for Honda to get into the UTV segment outside the Big Red MUV that came out in MY 2009. Seeing only minor updates for the 2011 version and no new models from Honda in the upcoming 3 years made the tough decision to try a 2012 50" RZR800. As it turned out the wife loved being able to ride with me and tell me how to drive 🤣 not to mention could enjoy the scenery without having to concentrate on driving a ATV. I learned tons of info from the RZR forums before and after buying.

When I heard rumors about the 2015 P500 my search for information brought me to Hondasxs.com in June 2015, pretty sure there was less than 1000 registered members here at the time. Started conversing with @Hondasxs about my history of being a die hard Honda fan and experience of running other forums and servers for 8 years in another area of intrest.

Bought a P500 in August 2015, still runs perfect only replaced brake pads, oil & air filters in the 5 years of ownership. The rest is history, well documented in my build threads:

SpeedBuggy

SpeedBuggy

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 1, 2020
WA
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. Talon R
I’ve always been a Honda fan from my first trail 90 and three wheelers. Pretty much everything with a an engine, generators, lawn mower, etc. There was a period of Suzuki quads but now I’m back riding red again in a Talon 1000R. Shifting is why I’m here. Didn’t want a belt and Honda quality made the Talon an easy choice. I absolutely love it. I’m here to meet people with similar interests, tech tips and general knowledge of my machine. I’ve received way more than I have given back. Thanks again to the HondaSXS community.
84B21AEB A7E9 42EC 8498 3BF5FFFC3F01

farmtimpioneer

farmtimpioneer

Wise Men Still Seek "Him"
Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Brookville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Some friends of ours in Ky. live in a huge trail riding area they drive there RZR's more than there vehicles and some other friends bought an RZR and started going down from Ohio and riding with them, they loved it and kept bugging me to get one, years ago I had 3 and 4 wheeler's and we had just got rid of my Harley I sold it because it is getting to dangerous to ride one, "anymore people are crazy",,, I already knew enough about Polaris that I didn't want a RZR and I always had good luck with Honda equipment and engines Good Quality, I told them that I was going to get a Pioneer and they tried to talk me out of it said it would not hold up to an RZR, 🤔 Well needless to say I am glad that I didn't take that advice, everyone we ride with in that area all ride RZR's hardly ever see a Pioneer, I wouldn't trade my Pioneer for two RZR's for anything other than monetary gain,,,
IMG 20190916 095101 01
2007 Road King

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
A few of us were talking over in the Takeover thread about how we ended up with a Pioneer and then found Hondasxs.com (or vice versa in my case). Thought it would be fun to see how everybody else ended up with this addiction :p

Me:

I was looking for a Honda Foreman forum and one of the Google searches brought me to a thread on here about a Rubicon. I read through it and then started poking around in the build threads. I only see machines built to ride around in the mud down here, so I thought it was really cool to see these trail/rock rigs. Joined the forum on 4/7/19 and then had the Pioneer on the trailer 3 days later after reading through just about every build thread there was. Convinced my dad to come to TO2019 with me and I've been hooked ever since. Made some really good friends and have had a blast on every ride.

Loaded up for TO2019 - 3 weeks old, only upgrade was a winch and a fire extinguisher

View attachment 188885

Fast forward not even a year...

View attachment 188886
Good idea on this thread, read to the end of page 2, I really like all the stories. Kind of strange how the outdoors brought us all together.

wrhii

wrhii

Lifetime Member
Feb 22, 2020
Florida
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Company I'm with has four pioneers for ranch work. 3 700s and a 1000 All 4 are worked hard. They all had some problems over time, mainly I couldn't keep shafts in em or brakes on em. Bottom line is that the boys couldn't seem to kill em. Cowboy tough!!!! I had Arctic Cat 700hdx for yard work and the grand kids, that I just couldn't keep running. Got more Grand Kids and needed a bigger buggy. The 1000-5 was the obvious choice. I was researching a winch for the thing and found posts by both Russ989 and ProudDadof5 on just that subject. Reading thru various other post I realized what a "special" group of folks this site had attracted. Im not into social media but the helpfulness and camaraderie of the SXS Club amazed me. Did I mention the comedy? Now, Ill never be able to attend a group function, but I trust all to post plenty of pictures.

BTW, Daughter in Law says she's having twins in August, anyone know if Honda is planning a Pioneer Bus?

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
Company I'm with has four pioneers for ranch work. 3 700s and a 1000 All 4 are worked hard. They all had some problems over time, mainly I couldn't keep shafts in em or brakes on em. Bottom line is that the boys couldn't seem to kill em. Cowboy tough!!!! I had Arctic Cat 700hdx for yard work and the grand kids, that I just couldn't keep running. Got more Grand Kids and needed a bigger buggy. The 1000-5 was the obvious choice. I was researching a winch for the thing and found posts by both Russ989 and ProudDadof5 on just that subject. Reading thru various other post I realized what a "special" group of folks this site had attracted. Im not into social media but the helpfulness and camaraderie of the SXS Club amazed me. Did I mention the comedy? Now, Ill never be able to attend a group function, but I trust all to post plenty of pictures.

BTW, Daughter in Law says she's having twins in August, anyone know if Honda is planning a Pioneer Bus?
YW 😉, congrats on the good news bud. Double trouble! Hey, that should be the name of your P1K5, lol. Here’s your new bus @wrhii.. Looks like tons of fun!! 🤣🤣

The Honda Rugged Open Air Vehicle Concept Is a Ridgeline Pickup for Mad Max

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Well.... I know a few people with Rzr's and I've always been into anything that has a motor. A close buddy of mine bought a Rzr 1000 highlifter and has no place to keep it so he stores it at my shop. In return I got to use it when ever lile it was mine 😉. Then another buddy bought a P1k5 and to be honest I didnt think much of it (kinda boxy looking) 🤷‍♂️ . but as time went on I realized how i definitely didnt want a Rzr, they can look great n all but the upkeep and headaches are waaay to much for me. After looking into other brands and weighing my options I started to also look into the pioneers. The history/reliability that comes with hondas is really what sold me on it. And the price! I would've liked a little more sport but I still cant justify dropping 23k + for a toy. Too many projects at the moment, maybe in a fee yrs 😉. So in my research I came across this freaggin awesome place!! It me just say, im not one for social media or the likes, but this s**** is addictive 😂😂. My wife is surprised @ how much I lile this site. She says this is my Facebook/Instagram all in one. BTW I dont have either platform. I really do think this is a place like no other and I'm so glad can be a part of it. I have yet to meet any of you but I already feel like I've known a few people for a while already. Cant wait till TO!!!

ok, thats enough blah blah blah!
20191222 133511

2018GMC

2018GMC

Nov 26, 2018
AZ
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Searching google for info on how to disable seatbelt speed limiter on p1000. Hondasxs had the most helpful info. Created an account after that.

tincangob

tincangob

Nov 30, 2017
Central Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-3
My ownership of ATV's goes back 25 years starting with a used Big Red three wheeler I bought for $1000. Then I bought a new Honda 400 Foreman in about 1994 which I still own, and it is still a very reliable machine which I primarily plow snow with. I decided pleasure riding would be something fun that I could also do with my wife and my bad back would tolerate. I started thinking about side by sides and Honda has just never let me down even though they cost a bit more. Anyway I naively did a little research on other machine, but my past experience biased me strongly to Honda. I ended up with a new, 2018, Honda 1000-P3, and during my research using the forum for some of the research I noticed that some referred to their machines as "builds". I didn't realize what that meant, and proceeded with the buy and a new, great Aluma trailer. After a few rides the term "build" became very evident, and now I rely on the forum for tips and other information. Thank goodness there are guys willing to share their knowledge. Now I know what "build" means, and this forum is my build manual. LOL Honda is my machine and this forum is my source of info. However, I do not begrudge some of the other machines on the market.

K

KimberproSS

Jul 16, 2019
Mount Vernon, IN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I was a dirt bike rider all my youth and had dirt bikes for my three sons. After they grew up and I had a stable of dirt bikes that had limited use, I would start them and ride them about twice a year. Without fail, the only one I didn't have to break down and clean the carb to start was the XR100 Honda. In my youth I had Hondas, never had engine issues. So I decided to get a SxS. Naturally looked at Honda and started reading blogs, decided the Pioneer was a reliable choice, also banking on my experience with Honda machines. I also have two grandsons now and wanted to be able to ride them around with dad, needing 4 seats. But not wanted the long dual seat machines for limited storage and woods navigation. So the fold down seats in the dump bed are a great feature. I wanted a quiet runner also, to be able to have a conversation while running 30 MPH. Honda won over CanAm and Polaris. I found this group while gathering my data and established an account.

sam3006

sam3006

Dec 28, 2014
Damascus, AR
Ownership

1. 500
Back in the summer of 2014 I was 75 miles from home on our deer lease. I was riding a Honda Rancher 420, 2 wheel drive, crossing a clear cut with 200 pounds of corn on the front rack, 200 pounds of fertilizer on the back rack and 220 pounds of me in the middle. I was going slow and careful, but dropped a front wheel off in a stump hole and quick as a wink, the 4-wheeler was upside down and I was pinned under it. Luckily it was muddy and I was able to dig my way out unhurt. I looked around and thought how dumb. 59 years old, down here alone, no cell service and surrounded by our timber company lease that's surrounded my miles and miles of national forest. I had spent too much time, money and effort get'n this old to die or get crippled up like that. I righted the wheeler, filled my feeder and scattered the fertilizer on a food plot. On the way home I made a detour and went by a Honda dealer. I wasn't thinking SxS, because I didn't want a big machine and I didn't want to spend that much. I was planning on getting a 4 wheel drive, bigger four wheeler. They showed me 500 Pioneer, that they had just got in that day. It was cheaper than a big, tricked out 4-wheeler, had the foot print of a 4-wheeler and had a bench seat and a cab. I was sold. Couldn't buy that one as it was already sold. Called another dealer where a friend of mine was a salesman and told him I wanted one. He said they didn't have one in yet, but they were getting one in the next morning. He shot me a price and I said sold and was there the next morning when they unloaded it. I had them add a windshield, roof and winch while I was there. 6 years later I still have it, it's been to Colorado every year for 10 to 14 days, south Arkansas mud, north Arkansas rocks, 2 teenage grandsons and lots of farm life. Except for routine maintenance and patching a hole in a CV boot, it's not been touched for repairs.
That's how I got a Pioneer. How I got on here was after I bought mine, I googled Honda Pioneer 500 and found this place. Just watched and learned for a whole and then joined in Dec. of 2014.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
After a motorcycle/deer collision with partial loss of movement in right thumb, and also owing atvs I started looking at SxS to keep up offroad riding. Found this site after watching MudMan videos in his P500. While still in casts after surgery purchased a P500 based on 50 inch restricted trails nearby. Thanks to this forum and many dollars later I have a much better P500 with a locker and power steering, and many more mods shared by members.

5AC444C7 7EE5 4A94 8801 2B79AABA988B

Last edited:
J

JohnS

Lifetime Member
May 13, 2019
Windsor ME
Ownership

1. 500
I really enjoyed riding dirt bikes/enduro type when I was around 17-21 years old then I joined the Navy. 50 years later I rode my first ATV and was hooked. Being back out in the woods watching nature and hanging out was a rejuvenation. Rheumatoid Arthritis caused me to look for a similar rig in a SXS. Then as an avid You Tube watcher (prior to google takeover) I saw videos by Jason Dimmick in his little P5. 'Nuf said. He showed the versitliity and toughness of this little guy and it looked perfect for my needs. Honda. Reliability. Parts availability. One thing led to another - test rides in all the major brand rigs just to be sure. Found a 2017 hold over in April 19 with the right price at a good established dealership 30 miles away. This site/forum and others was very helpful in sifting through all the pros and cons. I put power steering on my P5 after first run and will be installing the front locker in a couple weeks. Even though the state is evolving with proposed legislation to increase the width of access to the trails here to 65" (in the works - postponed by corona) I still like riding the actual trails and not logging roads (tote rodes they're called up here) so my P5 is here to stay.
Thanks and keep up the site!

Leukic

Leukic

Lifetime Member
Nov 11, 2018
Leesville, South Carolina
Ownership

1. Do not currently own
In 2016 My father was wanting to buy a sxs and he was looking at polaris and yamaha and a friend of mine has a Big Red. Uses it for farm work and on his deer lease. I went and checked it out and he was like oh yeah honda has the pioneer now. So I started researching those as did my father. I found a bunch of great things on this site so I registered and he purchased a 2016 P700-4. We loved it! Way better to be in an enclosed cab traveling to the deer stand than a arctic cat 300. Two years later I purchased a 2018 P1k5 and kept looking things up on this site and became a supporting member and now my father and my family are awaiting our first TO and to meet up with everyone attending

HondaLo

HondaLo

Formerly Angelo
Lifetime Member
Apr 23, 2019
Harrison michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It's our first buggy ever. We just researched all and I knew I didnt want a belt drive. I loved the 5 seater because I thought I'd need the space. I joined because I was looking for fellow Honda riders to link up with 3fbda501029588a996478036fdc19d2a15c325fb0cca68ca6db50efc395492a9

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!