P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Is that why it’s so enjoyable??
Wasn't enjoyable. .when it was in the shop...
for.................. how long..
your loss..on your p5...& the cost of
your pk5....
all you got was 12"
You got screwed...
no pun........intended

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Everyone's got there own deal...
taste...likes..
doesn't make ya, any better...
.....we all got more in common...
than ya think.
cause your machine is bigger...
cost more $...need trlr to haul...
looks like a limousine. ..or a
...frig on wheels..
Enjoy your ride...There all
Hondas....Bleed Red....
Toast...to all honda riders

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
reverse mount desert ride... check out..upper
right of screen..big white round cloud....sun .behind clouds ...
..check out view...at end of vid..
priceless. ............

Last edited:
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
@ rocmar, maybe this for your rock problems, paint can holder and TP rack. LOL. Glad you got it fixed and not hurt.

B5584B98 9FA4 44B9 B111 BB61F7DDCDB3 3D586E4D 9090 465E 9A20 3141D9FC4030

C

Chooglin

After I moved the stock front shocks to the rear , I gained 1/2" of ground clearance and 3/4" of downward travel. After doing this , I was a little concerned about over exstending my axles and having one of them pop out.

Today I installed some limit straps to make sure the axles don't exstend (13 1/2" eyelet to eyelet) any more than they did when I had the stock rear shocks on the back.
20171202 132815 20171202 132757

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
After I moved the stock front shocks to the rear , I gained 1/2" of ground clearance and 3/4" of downward travel. After doing this , I was a little concerned about over exstending my axles and having one of them pop out.

Today I installed some limit straps to make sure the axles don't exstend (13 1/2" eyelet to eyelet) any more than they did when I had the stock rear shocks on the back.
View attachment 59254 View attachment 59255

Were you able to just find some straps or were those custom made? They claim the WE shocks give you an extra inch of travel, would there be the possibility of the same thing happening with those?

rocmar

rocmar

Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 59254 View attachment 59255
When I wrecked..mine on the rocks..
it pulled my axle out....impact push left wheel
so far back...it broke the stop..in steering rack..

C

Chooglin

Were you able to just find some straps or were those custom made? They claim the WE shocks give you an extra inch of travel, would there be the possibility of the same thing happening with those?
No they aren't custom made , I just ordered a set that had 16" length ,eyelet to eyelet.

As long as the W.E. shocks don't exstend more than 13 1/2" eyelet to eyelet, they should be fine. W.E. could have gotten the extra 1.00" of travel in the upward/compressed direction. Someone with the W.E. shocks could probably answer that.

I am probably being overly concerned , anyone who is using the 2.00" bracket lifts are over exstending there shocks and don't seem to have any problems.

Reactions: trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Installed graphics from creative utv, turned out nice. I asked for the front Honda letters even though they aren't really offered, they fit right but were a tedious pita to put on. The front letters are inset and that makes it difficult to apply a decal on, I knew it was going to suck going in but I wanted them anyway. Ended up with a small wrinkle in almost all of them but I'm happy with them. Side ones were easy breezy and they threw in the one I put on the back of the roof. Thanks @jrplaza2008 .
Also installed the RotoPax water can and moved the gas can. It looks like they stick out from the sides in the pic but they don't, slightly in so nothing will catch. Painted the caps so as not to confuse which is which. Every side got a little love today. Windshield's been on a couple weeks.
12 3 Front

12 3 Passenger 12 3 Driver
12 3 Rear

All done now...:D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!