P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

rocmar

rocmar

Where Eagles & Angels....Dare to Fly...
Lifetime Member
Dec 21, 2014
4 CORNERS
Ownership

1. 500
Installed graphics from creative utv, turned out nice. I asked for the front Honda letters even though they aren't really offered, they fit right but were a tedious pita to put on. The front letters are inset and that makes it difficult to apply a decal on, I knew it was going to suck going in but I wanted them anyway. Ended up with a small wrinkle in almost all of them but I'm happy with them. Side ones were easy breezy and they threw in the one I put on the back of the roof. Thanks @jrplaza2008 .
Also installed the RotoPax water can and moved the gas can. It looks like they stick out from the sides in the pic but they don't, slightly in so nothing will catch. Painted the caps so as not to confuse which is which. Every side got a little love today. Windshield's been on a couple weeks.
View attachment 59311
View attachment 59312 View attachment 59313 View attachment 59314
All done now...:D

Looks BadAss....
Looks like ya finally. ..
caved in...to the windshield
...looks good...
I knew ya would. ..
haha
props......bro

Reactions: trigger
Travissf

Travissf

Apr 8, 2017
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 500
I played around a little with my old 250ex.. aka checked the valves, I put a cheap heated seat in the P500, and played around a bit with the underglow.
IMG 0883
IMG 0884
IMG 0887
IMG 0888
IMG 0889
IMG 0891

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Looks BadAss....
Looks like ya finally. ..
caved in...to the windshield
...looks good...
I knew ya would. ..
haha
props......bro

Thanks roc! Anywhere I can sneak some green in you know. Their color match is pretty spot on, wish my paint was that close. Yeah I finally caved, could have gone without it and just bundled up more but it is more comfortable this way. I only plan to use it during the cold months.

Reactions: rocmar
P

P500guy

Dec 6, 2017
Callahan, Florida
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. 1000-5
By the way, just went for a ride after the oil and filter change. Immediate and dramatic improvement in shifting!!!! Wow! It's quieter, smoother, and it even seems like it shift faster! Very pleased with the amsoil atv oil! :)
I have a Honda recon.ES...that needed an oil change recently. I bought Kolpin 10w40 semi synthetic. 1st thing I noticed was quite/slicker shifting. I have not yet put it in my p500, it still has fresh GN4 in it.

U

uconn411

Mar 24, 2016
CT
Use this little buggy most every day. Sometimes wonder how I ever got by without it.

For some reason I can’t PM you. Just wanted to ask where you got that sweet Sony camera mount for the front bumper. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
For some reason I can’t PM you. Just wanted to ask where you got that sweet Sony camera mount for the front bumper. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bought it on Amazon. It was made for a Sony Action Cam but appears to me to have the same 1/4” threads as most other cameras. I bought it a few years back for use on my motorbike but it fits the P500 even better.

Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Bought it on Amazon. It was made for a Sony Action Cam but appears to me to have the same 1/4” threads as most other cameras. I bought it a few years back for use on my motorbike but it fits the P500 even better.
Looked at your link. Yep, that’s the one. And for $6.49 it’s a hell of a bargain. I’m pretty sure it would work with most any action camera as long as they have the standard threaded insert. I think it’s priced so cheap because it’s probably been discontinued. It is a sturdy mount. I had it mounted on my Harley all the way from here in southern Ohio to Alaska and back.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Ordered a small sheet of the green graphic vinyl from creative utv last night. Have an idea that isn't something pre-cut so I'll have to cut and fit them myself. Walt didn't even charge me for the material, just the shipping. Super cool dude. I'll post some pics if it turns out like I want it to. Then I'll be done for sure.

Reactions: rocmar and Derail
Derail

Derail

Aug 31, 2017
Southern Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Installed volt meter and a horn. Grandson loves to push the button lol
Been thinking that I need a horn on my buggy but haven’t been able to decide which one to buy. Would like to have a “Dixie” air horn but not sure I want to go through al the trouble of mounting 5 trumpets and a compressor.

Redrocket

Redrocket

Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2017
Lake City FL
Ownership

1. 500
Been thinking that I need a horn on my buggy but haven’t been able to decide which one to buy. Would like to have a “Dixie” air horn but not sure I want to go through al the trouble of mounting 5 trumpets and a compressor.
I Just went with a automotive one

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!