P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
View attachment 17312
View attachment 17313
First picture is a Prairie Dog, second is a Woodchuck. I agree on the guns, my gun of choice for Prairie Dogs is the Ruger 204 for long range and the .17 HMR for within 100 yards.
Yeah that's the way to do it. I stick with the 17's unless i'm really trying to reach out. Then I grab the 22-250. The .17 HMR has been my GO-TO since about 2005. I've put so many rounds through mine. Amazing little guns... Last fall I got the .17 hornet and i'm pretty impressed with it so far, but i've only put about 25 rounds through it. It's considerably more powerful than the HMR and still pretty inexpensive to shoot - much cheaper than the 22-250.

Reactions: Alan aka Davinci
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Here in Colorado we call them Marmots, Rockchucks or Whistle Pigs and they mostly live in rocky areas and under the rocks.
Lol, that's some funny names Alan. So are they a different type than those you'd see in eastern Colorado on the plains that live in colonies in their burrows? Btw, I installed the stick stoppers they're great.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Woodchucks in PA dig holes in fields, in the woods - usually along the edge of a field, and they will dig holes right in your yard or under anything that's sitting on the ground. They don't really have large colonies like the prairie dogs, but they do tend to live in small groups it seems. Sometimes they make little tunnel systems and have 4 or 5 holes in the ground all connected... I shot 2 more last night BTW, and missed a 3rd with my .380 pocket gun... It's a constant battle.
Oh dear, sounds like the battle I have with armadillos in eastern Oklahoma, which didn't use to be here incidentally. They're expanding northwards, lookout. Global warming lol.

Reactions: shawnromines
ehart814

ehart814

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Mar 28, 2016
NWPA
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Oh dear, sounds like the battle I have with armadillos in eastern Oklahoma, which didn't use to be here incidentally. They're expanding northwards, lookout. Global warming lol.
LOL. Armadillos are hilarious to me for some reason...probably because I don't have to deal with the problems they cause...

Reactions: Montecresto
Alan aka Davinci

Alan aka Davinci

Mr. Meme Master
Lifetime Member
Apr 25, 2015
Grand Junction, CO
Ownership

1. 500
Lol, that's some funny names Alan. So are they a different type than those you'd see in eastern Colorado on the plains that live in colonies in their burrows? Btw, I installed the stick stoppers they're great.
What you see in eastern Colorado MC are Prairie Dog and yes they live in colonies and their burrows are underground tunnels that are very elaborate. The name we use a lot for Prairie Dogs is Prairie Poodles
Glad you got the stick stopper installed and you are happy with them.

Reactions: Montecresto
T

tex

May 3, 2016
arkansas
its done and on , love it

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I just don't understand why they charge so much for a bumper. I built this on for 50.00

View attachment 17328 View attachment 17329
Same thing with the plastic roof or windshield, they're both ridiculously high. And we can't all metal fabricate like yourself and a few others here. Very nice job on that. One of the nicest I've seen.

Reactions: Dp5hunter
advertisement
solrus

solrus

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
Montana
Ownership

1. 1000-5
In Glacier this weekend

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

M

MOSH

Jun 25, 2016
NC
Ownership

1. 500
I'm new to the group. I just purchased the P500 for something my sons (13 and 15) could use to tow a trailer with their riding lawn mowers for their budding lawn mowing business (ok I wanted a toy to mess with also). As with most of my toys/hobbies I tend to go a little overboard. From shooting to beer brewing I always seem to need to upgrade upgrade upgrade! So SXS,,,,, the journey begins. Day 1 I bring this thing home and take it for a test drive in the woods near my house. CUE,,,, Jersey Boy with a Country Boy Toy!!!! 15 mins in, and me and my son are stuck in a mud hole up to the floor. After an hour of being stuck and a walk to get my truck , I realized it was time to get a few things for my P500. I've been looking through the threads on here for some stuff.
Here is what I have so far:
Front bumper / winch / rear bumper / light bar / sss skid set / 26x10x14 ITP BajaCross radials / HiPer sidewinder dual bead lock wheels / walker Evans adjustable shocks / roof / windshield

Am I missing anything else that I need right now or even later????? Besides skill and more experience driving it?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I'm new to the group. I just purchased the P500 for something my sons (13 and 15) could use to tow a trailer with their riding lawn mowers for their budding lawn mowing business (ok I wanted a toy to mess with also). As with most of my toys/hobbies I tend to go a little overboard. From shooting to beer brewing I always seem to need to upgrade upgrade upgrade! So SXS,,,,, the journey begins. Day 1 I bring this thing home and take it for a test drive in the woods near my house. CUE,,,, Jersey Boy with a Country Boy Toy!!!! 15 mins in, and me and my son are stuck in a mud hole up to the floor. After an hour of being stuck and a walk to get my truck , I realized it was time to get a few things for my P500. I've been looking through the threads on here for some stuff.
Front bumper / winch / rear bumper / light bar / sss skid set / 26x10x14 ITP BajaCross radials / HiPer sidewinder dual bead lock wheels / walker Evans adjustable shocks / roof / windshield

Am I missing anything else that I need right now or even later????? Besides skill and more experience driving it?
Welcome aboard @MOSH, new members popping up like crazy. Post us a pic of that new rig.
Sounds like one hell of a start list to me! Hope getting stuck didn't discourage you too much with your new toy...
put that list of accessories on and you'll tear that mudhole a new one.
Consider some tunes for the boys... and the Jersey Boy in you! :cool:

Newfiebullet

Newfiebullet

Apr 13, 2016
Labrador, Canada

How do you find the shocks? Did you change them all to walker Evans ? Direct fit or mod job? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M

MOSH

Jun 25, 2016
NC
Ownership

1. 500
How do you find the shocks? Did you change them all to walker Evans ? Direct fit or mod job? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
After a lot of searching, I'm kinda going on a leap of faith. A mechanic friend of mine said they should fit, and they are made for the pioneer, I will post if all goes well.

advertisement