P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Spellmajr

Spellmajr

Jul 10, 2016
North MS
Ownership

1. 500
I posted this on the pioneer 500 riders page last night. I had to take my dog box out of my truck last night. I was going to set it on top of my basket rack because I thought it was always to wide to sit down in it. Well boy was I wrong. This setup is a match made in heaven. I have to put some 4x4’s in the basket rack to set the dog box up high enough where I can open the door. This is a match made in heaven.

D11AEC7E A887 43DF 9132 6517CE27B8B8 DF1B62CF 8B4C 4D47 926D 7749CE8C8F2C

alloutdoors

alloutdoors

Jan 21, 2018
US
Ownership

1. 500

2. 700-4

3. Do not currently own
It was an unusual day here today, near 50, so I decided to do some cleaning at our local range and was amazed how much trash was picked up; that is, when looking across a couple hundred yards, you see debris here and there, but when you put it into a pile, WOW. What was fun, I never had to get off the P500 with one of those trash pinchers you can buy at retail stores, just fun day playing on the range.

Pioneer at range

Y

Yukon_Jon

Nov 17, 2018
Yukon Territory
Ownership

1. 500
Got my coolant changed, with much assistance / thread searching on this forum. Went with a higher mix, should be good down to -60 something Celsius now. Then again I tend to hide indoors at anything below -50 if possible :)

Got my onboard battery charger mounted and installed, really pleased with how it turned out. If I figure out how to post photos I will eventually.

Went with this model: https://www.amazon.com/NOCO-GENM1-Waterproof-Battery-Charger/dp/B00CBTRN26?tag=sxsweb24-20

Easily worth the money for me, using the unit for plowing, running the winch with a single battery setup. Nice to know the battey is in peak condition every time I start it up.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I put Polk 6.5"s in my boat. It was a very noticeable upgrade over the Clarions.

I've used them before and they were okay, that was like 20 yrs ago. The pros say that their sound rivals Infinity's now, and that if ran together, will actually compliment one another. Clean mid range is hard to reproduce especially in an open air vehicle but this is overkill and with quality components. This is all in on the stereo now, I'm going for a sound that you'll hear every subtle note, so clear and pretty you could pee. That's usually achieved at about half volume, the remaining volume is how much can you take? :D

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I've used them before and they were okay, that was like 20 yrs ago. The pros say that their sound rivals Infinity's now, and that if ran together, will actually compliment one another. Clean mid range is hard to reproduce especially in an open air vehicle but this is overkill and with quality components. This is all in on the stereo now, I'm going for a sound that you'll hear every subtle note, so clear and pretty you could pee. That's usually achieved at about half volume, the remaining volume is how much can you take? :D
I was wondering why every time I listen to my home stereo, I need to pee. HA!

D

Deleted member 3748

They're definitely not a speaker for bass and I'm gonna need a sub for this summer.

D

Deleted member 3748

I have 3 subs in the garage collecting dust and one has a 150 watt amp in it. You could be thumping for cheap. ;)
Ohhhhh, nice! I'm interested. Especially in the one with the amp built in. Are any of them suitable for marine? They don't have to be because I have a dry place to put it, but it's good for backup safety.

Reactions: BWAF
D

Deleted member 3748

That might be a little big. Maybe one of the other subs and I'll get an amp. I could use a little more punch in the Pyle's anyway.

Reactions: BWAF
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
These are the other two, old Pioneer truck riders. Made to fit behind the seat of a standard cab pick up. I've had these a looong time, not for the speakers but for the cabinets. One has a Polk 8" that I put in it back in like '08. Had it on the rear deck of a Cobalt, it thumped.

Pioneers

D

Deleted member 3748

The tube looks like a better idea again! LOL I guess I could stick it in the engine compartment if it doesn't fit in the glove box. I'll text you about the tube.

Reactions: trigger
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Took my Toddler granddaughter for a ride. She saw the winch and said “Its got a hook! It pulls out everybody. Its a ‘Homda’ ”. Cracked me up.

Last edited:

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!