P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

GRANITE

GRANITE

People Dying to come see me!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 21, 2014
Brookville, Indiana
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 520
I got a Honda rear bumper for Christmas and mounted it up and had some issues with the mudbusters extensions and had to do some trimming!

7AC72422 1BBB 4E0B 9786 A5A091594672 6D6A7280 CABA 4B8A A3B4 15A5C49890A4 A3F437A5 E4B5 4A46 9940 BDC308DCEA8A

JJdog

JJdog

Aug 26, 2018
BC, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Installed my Choog box. Relocated my winch wire junction and relocated powersteering control unit to allow me to reinstall the undethood storageView attachment 101565
With these adjustments is it the Honda underhood storage box that you re-installed? I have the Honda box and was advised that it won't work with PS. If you have found a way then that is a win - win.

hondabob64

hondabob64

Oct 22, 2018
Louisiana
Ownership

1. 500
under hood storage is about as convenient as having storage inside the tires. With a folding windshield & being in a wheelchair, it would be impossible to get to. I’m going to build a storage box that fits in the empty space under the left side of the bench seat. Tons of space.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
under hood storage is about as convenient as having storage inside the tires. With a folding windshield & being in a wheelchair, it would be impossible to get to. I’m going to build a storage box that fits in the empty space under the left side of the bench seat. Tons of space.
What kind of doors you use on the tires? HA!

Reactions: Mudwing
D

Duckhunt

A lot of us use this for under seat storage. It works great. Fits in the opening and sits right on the frame tube. Perfect height. I personally heated up and dented in an area on the bottom of the can near where the brake line is but it's probably unnecessary.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Sterilite-3-Gal-Rectangular-Wastebasket-Black/723744915?selected=true

Reactions: TJoffroad
T

TJoffroad

Dec 14, 2018
Snow Camp NC
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
With these adjustments is it the Honda underhood storage box that you re-installed? I have the Honda box and was advised that it won't work with PS. If you have found a way then that is a win - win.
Yep. fits right in there. The previous owner installed the Honds storage box and when I installed the power steering I wanted to see if I could make it fit. Here it is. I used the original mounting bracket for the PS ECU. Bent it to 90° and installed two rivnuts under the factory brace. Then just used the bolts from the PS kit to mount it. 2" clearance. I also installed rivnuts into the brace to attach the storage box with 6mm bolts and washers instead of the original push clips.
20190106 164027
20190106 164027
20190106 161310

Reactions: trigger and Eltobgi
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yep. fits right in there. The previous owner installed the Honds storage box and when I installed the power steering I wanted to see if I could make it fit. Here it is. I used the original mounting bracket for the PS ECU. Bent it to 90° and installed two rivnuts under the factory brace. Then just used the bolts from the PS kit to mount it. 2" clearance. I also installed rivnuts into the brace to attach the storage box with 6mm bolts and washers instead of the original push clips. View attachment 101677 View attachment 101677 View attachment 101678
Looks like Wally World came through, looks good!

T

TJoffroad

Dec 14, 2018
Snow Camp NC
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
I've read that it's not worth the hassle if you have a folding windshield. The previous owner installed a seizmik windshield with adjustable vents so I don't have an issue with accessibility. Not sure if my windshield is going to have enough airflow for the summertime. May end up with a folder. I'll know more once it warms up. I've only had this machine for a couple of weeks and haven't been on a trip with it yet.

Reactions: hondabob64
JJdog

JJdog

Aug 26, 2018
BC, Canada
Ownership

1. 500
Yep. fits right in there. The previous owner installed the Honds storage box and when I installed the power steering I wanted to see if I could make it fit. Here it is. I used the original mounting bracket for the PS ECU. Bent it to 90° and installed two rivnuts under the factory brace. Then just used the bolts from the PS kit to mount it. 2" clearance. I also installed rivnuts into the brace to attach the storage box with 6mm bolts and washers instead of the original push clips. View attachment 101677 View attachment 101677 View attachment 101678
That's great TJ. Thanks for the extra pics and the description. This will be a good guide for me. I didn't want to sacrifice the storage for the PS but I also want to go with the locker in the future. This way i can have it all. So PS and locker stay on the list. Just need to find the $$.

T

TJoffroad

Dec 14, 2018
Snow Camp NC
Ownership

1. 500

2. Do not currently own
That's great TJ. Thanks for the extra pics and the description. This will be a good guide for me. I didn't want to sacrifice the storage for the PS but I also want to go with the locker in the future. This way i can have it all. So PS and locker stay on the list. Just need to find the $$.
No problem. I also have pics of my locker install. I did it a little different than Jay's Video. Only had to remove 3 easy bolts in the suspension then remove the diff. Didn't even remove the tires. Locker is a very easy install and so was the power steering. Been nice to work on so far. Just got to work a few hours overtime now to pay for it all. Good luck with it

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!