P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

S

snakeriver

Oct 11, 2018
Clarkston Wa
Ownership

1. 500
Does that mean you are required by ordinance to carry shovel and axe on a sxs when riding there? State land?
Anytime you are on US Forest Service and BLM land in our area you are required to carry a shovel, fire extinguisher, collapsible bucket, and ax whenever you are on their property. Also several timber producers who own their own land require it.

Reactions: Mudder and Caper
Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Finished full brake pad replacement, just in time to go see Aquaman movie (amazing). Will make new post with step by step pics tomorrow. Fronts worn, rears only slightly worn? Based ln what saw, would only do rear effort for every two cycles of front pads.

E656E823 63D5 4E5D 9DFE 1E02D6A9850F

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Finished full brake pad replacement, just in time to go see Aquaman movie (amazing). Will make new post with step by step pics tomorrow. Fronts worn, rears only slightly worn? Based ln what saw, would only do rear effort for every two cycles of front pads.

View attachment 106511
Mudder, can you give me another lesson. Can’t get it. Thanks.
Caper

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Thinking could only change out rear pads only at 2nd round of replacing the fronts? Fronts took 5 minutes, rears took hours as I stumbled thru it, removing skid plates, tight access, things falling out. LOL.

Lack of rear wear has me wondering if the caliper is not working good. Being hydraulic and a good peddle feel, is the rear claliper rotation for a tighter clearance needed using tool, or do they just self adjust with pedal pressure?

Reactions: Caper
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Thinking could only change out rear pads only at 2nd round of replacing the fronts? Fronts took 5 minutes, rears took hours as I stumbled thru it, removing skid plates, tight access, things falling out. LOL.

Lack of rear wear has me wondering if the caliper is not working good. Being hydraulic and a good peddle feel, is the rear claliper rotation for a tighter clearance needed using tool, or do they just self adjust with pedal pressure?
My P1 doesn't have brakes, or is that what the pedal to the left of the gas pedal is, HA!

Reactions: Caper and Mudder
advertisement
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The bigger the pot the better. Haha
Caper
Back last winter when the site got slow, I would go to the 500 site and say a couple derogatory remarks about the 500, boy would that liven things up! HA! Y'all would come at me like ants pouring out of an ant hill! HA! I quit, because I was afraid some of the 500 owners were taking me seriously! You guy's are easy to stir up, HA!

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Back last winter when the site got slow, I would go to the 500 site and say a couple derogatory remarks about the 500, boy would that liven things up! HA! Y'all would come at me like ants pouring out of an ant hill! HA! I quit, because I was afraid some of the 500 owners were taking me seriously! You guy's are easy to stir up, HA!
My thing is to call any bike but Honda a rubber band bike. Haha. That gets things going. Gotta be able to laugh.
Caper

Reactions: Mudder and Mudwing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Anytime you are on US Forest Service and BLM land in our area you are required to carry a shovel, fire extinguisher, collapsible bucket, and ax whenever you are on their property. Also several timber producers who own their own land require it.
I mean it’s a good idea, don’t know why the same USFS doesn’t require it in other states, shrug?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Back last winter when the site got slow, I would go to the 500 site and say a couple derogatory remarks about the 500, boy would that liven things up! HA!
You little recreant you.........;)

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!