P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
28398345 2BAD 4B27 8D3B 0D61172FF1CB
04040CC4 C2C1 40B4 896F 2BF9278FC945
Actually I did put it there, haven’t decided if I’m getting the glovebox. I do have enough wire if I need to relocate it.
I just put mine in front of where it is now. Thanks Chooglin. There are two holes there. I hated to move it but the glove box is great. You have plenty of time to do whatever you want to the bike. You can’t do it all at once. Post a picture of your bike. I’m sure it looks great.
Caper

sgerksinwi

sgerksinwi

Sep 24, 2016
WISCONSIN
Ownership

1. 500
Today, I completed my winch install. I really took my time, cutting all the wires to a proper length, my OCD would not allow otherwise. I installed a KFI winch mount with a Superwinch Terra 45. Between the etrailer winch install video I found and all the good information found here, It was pretty easy. I’ve owned my P5 for about a month and have been able to drive it under a mile. The winter in Wisconsin this year has been unbelievable, hopefully this month I can hit a trail or two. I have installed the Honda OEM roof, kolplin back window and will be ordering glass for my windshield Monday. I have also installed a Lund tool box on the back rack . Tomorrow I might get some LED cube lights installed, but it’s supposed to be -14, we will see how bearable the garage will be.

The one complaint I do have, has to do with the battery box. I have read many complaints on this site and I would like to add a few. Honda and their engineers have to know owners will customize the machine which will include the need to access the battery and install other cables. They however choose to design and install a battery box which can barely fit a battery and air at the sametime. I had to do some creative drilling and grinding in order to fit my cables. The engineer that designed that box is as dumb as they come. Honda will probably argue they at least use a battery box to protect the battery unlike Polaris.
Welcome!! From Columbia County Wisconsin..

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Prepping for a valve adjustment/oil change this week...

20190303 143603

20190303 143620

I've done this before, but I'd forgotten what a pain it is. Usually, Hondas are easy to work on and have intelligent construction, but the 500 suffers from a lot of stupid.

advertisement
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Are you still getting rain and snow in AZ. I know , wrong form. Curious. Thanks. And that just looks like too much work for someone that’s retired. Haha
Caper
A little shower yesterday, but mostly AZ sun all week.

It's a little fussy. Part of it is just that it's a small machine so everything is crammed tighter than my old 700. But still, they couldn't do a little hatch under the seat for the oil filter?

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
A little shower yesterday, but mostly AZ sun all week.

It's a little fussy. Part of it is just that it's a small machine so everything is crammed tighter than my old 700. But still, they couldn't do a little hatch under the seat for the oil filter?
They do the oil, filter, front and rear diff. And check everything else for just over $200. Worth it to me. And totally agree it could have been a little better. But when someone else does the work, it’s good. Haha. My dads cousin had a Jag V12. Now that was crammed. It was hard to put your hand past the top. They make it like that so you can’t work on it. Well, I can’t. Haha
Caper

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
They do the oil, filter, front and rear diff. And check everything else for just over $200. Worth it to me. And totally agree it could have been a little better. But when someone else does the work, it’s good. Haha. My dads cousin had a Jag V12. Now that was crammed. It was hard to put your hand past the top. They make it like that so you can’t work on it. Well, I can’t. Haha
Caper
I'm checking the valves, or it would have been lots easier. Battery box is in the way of the timing mark hole, and pretty much 1/2 the wiring for machine is bolted/staked to the back the box. I ended up removing the rack/fenders (4 bolts, 1 wiring clip for most...though my tag lights forced me to remove the wiring completely from the fenders).
I did the same last time, but was wasting time trying to work around it this time...when i realized why I had pulled it the 1st time. Worth the small amount of time it takes. Much better access.

I think I did a starter on a V-12 Jag, and it was a rabid whore of a job, as i recall. No car company (except maybe Yugo) has ever scratched their heads and said "Geee...i wish we designed cars as intelligently as the British...". Cars and dental work. And they have the audacity to talk smack about American cars? That's funny....

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I'm checking the valves, or it would have been lots easier. Battery box is in the way of the timing mark hole, and pretty much 1/2 the wiring for machine is bolted/staked to the back the box. I ended up removing the rack/fenders (4 bolts, 1 wiring clip for most...though my tag lights forced me to remove the wiring completely from the fenders).
I did the same last time, but was wasting time trying to work around it this time...when i realized why I had pulled it the 1st time. Worth the small amount of time it takes. Much better access.

I think I did a starter on a V-12 Jag, and it was a rabid whore of a job, as i recall. No car company (except maybe Yugo) has ever scratched their heads and said "Geee...i wish we designed cars as intelligently as the British...". Cars and dental work. And they have the audacity to talk smack about American cars? That's funny....
One of my brothers works only on high end cars. He won’t even look at anything I own. Haha. Not expensive enough. Some cars I just shake my head. Probably a lot of nice cars in AZ. I’m north, so when I think of Arizona, I think heat. Like 140 degrees in the summer. That’s mind boggling. Are you close to the Rockies. Thanks for the info.
Caper

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!