P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
The little P5 pulled a bunch of traps to their new locations for the match tomorrow. (Sporting Clays) Most of the range is dry now, but still have a few mud bogs downrange. This thing is perfect for this job. All the belt drive machines don't have the finesse to back up to the traps nice and slow.

The Polaris guys that come out here, I just say the last time I had something powered by a rubber band I was 12 and it was made out of balsa wood. ;)

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
The little P5 pulled a bunch of traps to their new locations for the match tomorrow. (Sporting Clays) Most of the range is dry now, but still have a few mud bogs downrange. This thing is perfect for this job. All the belt drive machines don't have the finesse to back up to the traps nice and slow.

The Polaris guys that come out here, I just say the last time I had something powered by a rubber band I was 12 and it was made out of balsa wood. ;)
Lol. I use that same name with my brothers RZR. And I’ve used it a few times on here. Haha. Gets a few people riled up. Lol. I just talked to a guy yesterday that was trying to make up his mind between a John Deer and a 1000 Honda. We talked and I used the rubber band comment, and we talked RZRs and Can-Ams . I made the sale to him while his wife was still talking to the sales guy. I told him he was going to love it. Honda all the way. :D
Caper

Bastardchild

Bastardchild

Nov 3, 2016
Orange Heights, fl
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
I put my new portal hub output shaft in the drivers front portal hub and buttoned it back up. Gave it a quick wash job to knock the heavy stuff off. I still gotta replace 2 c.v. axles and give it a detailed wash. I'll do that next weekend though. Ive tried posting pics a few times but my phone is being stupid again. Damn pile of crap Sprint service.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I put my new portal hub output shaft in the drivers front portal hub and buttoned it back up. Gave it a quick wash job to knock the heavy stuff off. I still gotta replace 2 c.v. axles and give it a detailed wash. I'll do that next weekend though. Ive tried posting pics a few times but my phone is being stupid again. Damn pile of crap Sprint service.
Thanks B C. Keep us posted. Haha.
Caper

Reactions: Bastardchild
AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
Sold!!! Just have to convince momma!
20190302 114507

advertisement
Normanator22

Normanator22

Lifetime Member
Dec 30, 2018
GA
Ownership

1. 500
This was a first for me... I couldn’t stop laughing when it happened. I was half expecting it to roll as I was trying to see how much she would flex on the washed out road. Was probably only going a whopping 1mph so no damage when it laid over.

69A03B9B A46B 489D A710 A13E1C990027

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The mighty p5, you should be in a sales commercial for the 500. I bet they would sell more lol.:D

M

mgm1035

Jan 14, 2019
Madison
Ownership

1. 500
1st flop.
Today, I completed my winch install. I really took my time, cutting all the wires to a proper length, my OCD would not allow otherwise. I installed a KFI winch mount with a Superwinch Terra 45. Between the etrailer winch install video I found and all the good information found here, It was pretty easy. I’ve owned my P5 for about a month and have been able to drive it under a mile. The winter in Wisconsin this year has been unbelievable, hopefully this month I can hit a trail or two. I have installed the Honda OEM roof, kolplin back window and will be ordering glass for my windshield Monday. I have also installed a Lund tool box on the back rack . Tomorrow I might get some LED cube lights installed, but it’s supposed to be -14, we will see how bearable the garage will be.

The one complaint I do have, has to do with the battery box. I have read many complaints on this site and I would like to add a few. Honda and their engineers have to know owners will customize the machine which will include the need to access the battery and install other cables. They however choose to design and install a battery box which can barely fit a battery and air at the sametime. I had to do some creative drilling and grinding in order to fit my cables. The engineer that designed that box is as dumb as they come. Honda will probably argue they at least use a battery box to protect the battery unlike Polaris.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Today, I completed my winch install. I really took my time, cutting all the wires to a proper length, my OCD would not allow otherwise. I installed a KFI winch mount with a Superwinch Terra 45. Between the etrailer winch install video I found and all the good information found here, It was pretty easy. I’ve owned my P5 for about a month and have been able to drive it under a mile. The winter in Wisconsin this year has been unbelievable, hopefully this month I can hit a trail or two. I have installed the Honda OEM roof, kolplin back window and will be ordering glass for my windshield Monday. I have also installed a Lund tool box on the back rack . Tomorrow I might get some LED cube lights installed, but it’s supposed to be -14, we will see how bearable the garage will be.

The one complaint I do have, has to do with the battery box. I have read many complaints on this site and I would like to add a few. Honda and their engineers have to know owners will customize the machine which will include the need to access the battery and install other cables. They however choose to design and install a battery box which can barely fit a battery and air at the sametime. I had to do some creative drilling and grinding in order to fit my cables. The engineer that designed that box is as dumb as they come. Honda will probably argue they at least use a battery box to protect the battery unlike Polaris.
But did you put your contactor for the winch where the glovebox goes like I did. Then I had to cut all the wires again. Haha. Oh well. All done and the glove box looks great. And totally agree on the battery box.
Caper

M

mgm1035

Jan 14, 2019
Madison
Ownership

1. 500
But did you put your contactor for the winch where the glovebox goes like I did. Then I had to cut all the wires again. Haha. Oh well. All done and the glove box looks great. And totally agree on the battery box.
Caper
Actually I did put it there, haven’t decided if I’m getting the glovebox. I do have enough wire if I need to relocate it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!