P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So is it a big difference in heat . Or do you not notice a difference. I’m thinking if I can get the Ricochet at a fair price, I’ll just get the centre, then I can get the rock sliders later. I think I can do that. :) Thanks Trigger. :D
Caper

I didn't notice any difference in the heat with the rock sliders installed. I actually installed them before I put on an aftermarket skid.

Reactions: Dp5hunter and Caper
Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
I have been toying with the idea of peltier modules in seat pad but afraid that you couldn't keep the hot side cool enough.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
So is it a big difference in heat . Or do you not notice a difference. I’m thinking if I can get the Ricochet at a fair price, I’ll just get the centre, then I can get the rock sliders later. I think I can do that. :) Thanks Trigger. :D
Caper
Got the side rock sliders first as those areas hit first when the wheel came off a hazard and at least the stock plate gave some center protection to start with. Since the rock sliders have some complex bends and welds it was a good buy IMO. Wondering if a local fab shop could make the center flats for less using the stock skid plates as a template. Surprised at the Canadian price you face.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I didn't notice any difference in the heat with the rock sliders installed. I actually installed them before I put on an aftermarket skid.
Really. I would have thought that they would only fit the Ricochet. So you had them on with the factory skid.Was Ricochet the aftermarket skid. Hum. Thanks Trigger.
:)
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Got the side rock sliders first as those areas hit first when the wheel came off a hazard and at least the stock plate gave some center protection to start with. Since the rock sliders have some complex bends and welds it was a good buy IMO. Wondering if a local fab shop could make the center flats for less using the stock skid plates as a template. Surprised at the Canadian price you face.
Our dollar sucks right now. Now you got me thinking the same way. I just gotta find someone that can get it. I have to be a dealer or a parts seller to buy from UTV Canada. I’ll be looking at the show tomorrow. Thanks Mudder :)
Caper

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
I gave mine a bath and took a few pictures to
20190308 174038
20190308 174410
20190308 174133
20190308 174112
IMG 20190308 WA0007
prove it. It's been a while since it's been this clean. I wish there was a way to keep them looking this nice all the time.

advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
2C0F4A00 5D3F 4A6A 9E09 5CD46EC20E17
Wow, that’s a huge difference in price. I’m wondering if anyone has that around here. That’s great. Thanks Trigger. Again. :). I’ll have to add it up. :D
Caper
$799.00 Is this yours Trigger ? That’s a arm front and back too. Nice.
:)
Caper

Reactions: Dp5hunter
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Dp5hunter

Dp5hunter

Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2016
Hazlehurst Mississippi
Ownership

1. 500
Caper
I also have the Ricochet sliders and after riding at Mulberry in Arkansas they are worth every penny.

Reactions: trigger and Caper
Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Really liking that custom dash switch plate:) what’s the story on thato_O

Thanks Eltobgi, I made it out of a old piece of diamond plate aluminum. I took a piece of construction paper and cut out a design I thought would look cool, traced it onto the aluminum, cut it out, smoothed the edges, and painted it. I also took off that little Honda emblem that would have gotten covered and stuck it to the new Dash plate, hoping it would make it look more Factory made. I ended up sanding off all the diamond plate texture because I accidentally traced it backwards. After it was all said and done I'm glad I made it smooth, I think it matches my box better and the switches, cages and volume knob, mount flush and have a better seal.
20190308 174614
IMG 20190308 WA0007
IMG 20190308 WA0011

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Thanks Eltobgi, I made it out of a old piece of diamond plate aluminum. I took a piece of construction paper and cut out a design I thought would look cool, traced it onto the aluminum, cut it out, smoothed the edges, and painted it. I also took off that little Honda emblem that would have gotten covered and stuck it to the new Dash plate, hoping it would make it look more Factory made. I ended up sanding off all the diamond plate texture because I accidentally traced it backwards. After it was all said and done I'm glad I made it smooth, I think it matches my box better and the switches, cages and volume knob, mount flush and have a better seal.View attachment 113499 View attachment 113500 View attachment 113501
Well you did a hell of a job! You should add it to your garage and document everything in one place! Great way to share progress every step of the way!

Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Well you did a hell of a job! You should add it to your garage and document everything in one place! Great way to share progress every step of the way!
Yeah, maybe I'll try to do that, if I can figure out how to. I'm not very tech savvy at all. I've been watching this fourm for a long time without posting much of anything because I was afraid I would screw something up or just looks like an idiot. But then I got to thinking, how much I appreciate all the people on this fourm taking the time to share there pictures, builds and ideas. Eventually I got brave enough to share a little of my thoughts and ideas, hoping someone else would find it useful or interesting. I guess I should have known everyone would be so nice. This fourm really does have a lot of cool people on it!

Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
I tried uploading a video the other day and it said the file was too big. Does anyone know if there's a time limit or something? I was just recording with my cell phone, nothing fancy. Any help would be appreciated.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!