P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
3/6/19
Added a Rugged Electronic Power Steering to Sneaker. Relocated the Module for it to a different than designed spot so I could keep the under hood storage.

WB
Was it hard to install ? Do you have a locker ? Awesome. I had a under hood storage, but didn’t like how it took up everything. Thanks. :)
Caper

WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Was it hard to install ? Do you have a locker ? Awesome. I had a under hood storage, but didn’t like how it took up everything. Thanks. :)
Caper
@Caper...Install was about 5 hours counting a few other under hood chores and the relocate of the ECM. 10 and 13 mm wrench and socket and a bit of zip ties is all it takes. I do suggest using anti-seize on the new steer shaft parts. Yes, I put the locker in it last summer and love it. I added the EPS so I could get the wife to leave it in 4WD while she was driving and also because I'm going to 11" wide tires all the way around at 27" tall for my next set. My under hood box is a $3.85 Wallyworld special with a sunshade glued to the outside to insulate it. We like to keep clean TP handy. ;)

WB

Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
@Caper...Install was about 5 hours counting a few other under hood chores and the relocate of the ECM. 10 and 13 mm wrench and socket and a bit of zip ties is all it takes. I do suggest using anti-seize on the new steer shaft parts. Yes, I put the locker in it last summer and love it. I added the EPS so I could get the wife to leave it in 4WD while she was driving and also because I'm going to 11" wide tires all the way around at 27" tall for my next set. My under hood box is a $3.85 Wallyworld special with a sunshade glued to the outside to insulate it. We like to keep clean TP handy. ;)

WB
Lol. Thanks Willybill. I put my tp in the box on back. In a ziplock. Haha. I’m going to have to get power steering after the locker for the same reason. Can’t wait to get back out. Thanks again. :)
Caper

Reactions: Dp5hunter
WillyBill

WillyBill

Wheeling Addict
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2017
Clinton, Utah
Ownership

1. Talon X LV
Yes. And , thank you.
:)
Caper

@Caper....
Here they are. Box is already tied down so no pic of the gearbox but it looks just like the ads and every other P5 with EPS on there.
IMG 1920
IMG 1921
IMG 1923
IMG 1926

Also, while I had everything out of the hole I put some duct tape across the bigger air gaps in the firewall to stop some of the hot air for summer.
In the bottom right corner of the last pic you can see the bracket and screws where I mounted it to the outboard steering column support bract. Two 1/4" holes and bend the bracket to fit.

WB

Last edited:
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
@Caper....
Here they are. Box is already tied down so no pic of the gearbox but it looks just like the ads and every other P5 with EPS on there. View attachment 113262 View attachment 113263 View attachment 113264 View attachment 113265
Also, while I had everything out of the hole I put some duct tape across the bigger air gaps in the firewall to stop some of the hot air for summer.
In the bottom right corner of the last pic you can see the bracket and screws where I mounted it to the outboard steering column support bract. Two 1/4" holes and bend the bracket to fit.

WB

Okay, we believe you now. :D

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
@Caper....
Here they are. Box is already tied down so no pic of the gearbox but it looks just like the ads and every other P5 with EPS on there. View attachment 113262 View attachment 113263 View attachment 113264 View attachment 113265

WB
Thanks WB. And did you put Trigger’s heat shielding under the seat . It works great. :)
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
I got a question for you Trigger. With the heat in the summer, doesn’t the full skid plate hold the heat even more under the seat ? And up here the full Ricochet is around $2,000. That seems like a lot. Just wondering. Thanks Trigger. :)
Caper

advertisement
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I got a question for you Trigger. With the heat in the summer, doesn’t the full skid plate hold the heat even more under the seat ? And up here the full Ricochet is around $2,000. That seems like a lot. Just wondering. Thanks Trigger. :)
Caper

Good question. Honda put a full skid on it from the factory so they must have figured that heat to go out the back. There are holes in the skid plate, maybe they draw some air? As long as it isn't coming in the cab.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Good question. Honda put a full skid on it from the factory so they must have figured that heat to go out the back. There are holes in the skid plate, maybe they draw some air? As long as it isn't coming in the cab.
Thanks. I mean the Ricochet that covers from side to side, front to back. I just thought that the places on each side that don’t have a skid plate now, would be even hotter. I can get the three piece Honda one, aluminum. I think Mudder has the full Ricochet. I guess if the motor doesn’t get hot in the south, with the total coverage. It should be good here. I don’t know. :) I’m going to the show tomorrow, I’ll see if there is anything different. :D
Caper

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My TriggerShield had a warranty printed on the inside of the box. It said it was guaranteed for any and all purposes. The only exclusion was if the box had been opened. It was in big block letter print so I believe it to be a solid warranty. Not even bummed a little that I opened it. :D

Honestly, I don't think Honda had any intention of heat venting through the seat so I have to believe it was their intent it would get pulled out the back.

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
My TriggerShield had a warranty printed on the inside of the box. It said it was guaranteed for any and all purposes. The only exclusion was if the box had been opened. It was in big block letter print so I believe it to be a solid warranty. Not even bummed a little that I opened it. :D

Honestly, I don't think Honda had any intention of heat venting through the seat so I have to believe it was their intent it would get pulled out the back.
Thanks Jeremie. And Trigger. The heat shielding helps a lot. B Child’s motor is under water, so it keeps cool. :) I don’t know how the boys in the south ride in the heat. I was curious about the heat on the aftermarket full plate. It still would go out the back, I guess. :) :D
Caper

Wallace

Wallace

Well that didn't go as planned
Lifetime Member
Jun 28, 2017
Lonoke Arkansas
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks Jeremie. And Trigger. The heat shielding helps a lot. B Child’s motor is under water, so it keeps cool. :) I don’t know how the boys in the south ride in the heat. I was curious about the heat on the aftermarket full plate. It still would go out the back, I guess. :) :D
Caper
We just have to ride faster and stop less. LOL

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
As for a full skid, I have Ricochet rock sliders under the rocker panels as well, it's all covered.
So is it a big difference in heat . Or do you not notice a difference. I’m thinking if I can get the Ricochet at a fair price, I’ll just get the centre, then I can get the rock sliders later. I think I can do that. :) Thanks Trigger. :D
Caper

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!