P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

ToolmanJohn

ToolmanJohn

Mar 20, 2018
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Cool. Thanks PBishop. Yeah I would start in Tantallon. Everyone says it’s a great trail. My wife is a teacher so this summer we’ll be going a few times in the week. Should be good. Maybe we’ll see you. :)
And I drive the same in Cape Breton on Rails to Trails. See someone walking or biking, I just go slow.
Hopefully we’ll get above zero by then. :)
Caper

Hi guys, I live within walking distance of the Esso station you are referring to: there is not a lot of conflict in this area with walkers: in fact, the bulk of the complaints on this multi-use trail are about cyclists who don't ring their bell when approaching walkers. It's all about respect for everyone who uses the trails. Most of the local ATV's only use the Rails-to-Trails system to get to the best trails which are in the old Bowater Mersey lands that the province purchased and a couple on the other side of the trail in the Wilderness Protected Area. The easiest (and only legal) entrance at the moment is at the flashing light on the 103 just past exit 5: the government is twinning the highway and building a bridge across it to join the Mersey to the Trailway.

If you guys are coming to the area, let me know and I'll gladly take you on a tour. Caper, you can return the favour when I come up to the Highlands.

John

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Hi guys, I live within walking distance of the Esso station you are referring to: there is not a lot of conflict in this area with walkers: in fact, the bulk of the complaints on this multi-use trail are about cyclists who don't ring their bell when approaching walkers. It's all about respect for everyone who uses the trails. Most of the local ATV's only use the Rails-to-Trails system to get to the best trails which are in the old Bowater Mersey lands that the province purchased and a couple on the other side of the trail in the Wilderness Protected Area. The easiest (and only legal) entrance at the moment is at the flashing light on the 103 just past exit 5: the government is twinning the highway and building a bridge across it to join the Mersey to the Trailway.

If you guys are coming to the area, let me know and I'll gladly take you on a tour. Caper, you can return the favour when I come up to the Highlands.

John
Thanks John. I looked for an hour, and asked people for the trail entrance. That was all people could tell me. :)
The Highlands are crazy the amount of trails. Go for days.
I’ll give you a shout when we make plans.
Caper

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

John
Oh , and welcome John.
Anything you want to know about your bike you can find out here.
Do you have a 500 ?
The guys are all good.
Caper

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Sound clip or it didn't happen! :D
Lol, well here is a single frame of the video testing the subwoofer:confused:
3D1B7059 27C2 4646 9850 42A24D69E59D

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Boom boom boom Boom boom boom Boom boom boom Boom boom boom Boom boom boom.......
It’s getting there, lol. Still have a long way to go before I’m happy with the sound system. It has to sound good when I’m running trails with high rpm and engine noise. Speaker placement, size, and type all come into play. Just experimenting right now;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Used the P500 winch with wireless remote to pull the zero turn mower stuck in the muddy pasture. A good mod for sure.
Must be the worlds smallest (and most popular) recovery vehicle. :cool: Pics would be good but I imagine your hands were full. :)

advertisement
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Hi John, I would probably stay the night at my bother in law's and start from Upper Tantallon, if possible, or trailer to the where I can park. I started in Chester and did it that direction, to the Train Station Bike & Bean. Let me know what you are planning and would like to join in for a ride.
Three 500’s . That will be great.
:)
Caper

Reactions: PBishop
ToolmanJohn

ToolmanJohn

Mar 20, 2018
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Oh , and welcome John.
Anything you want to know about your bike you can find out here.
Do you have a 500 ?
The guys are all good.
Caper
Thanks for the welcome and yes I have a 2017 Pioneer 500 in camo: we have put over 5000 kms. on it including a trip across Newfoundland.

I've been lurking for a year or so and the guys on this forum may be good, but they have cost me a fortune in accessories and mods!

2019 03 25 125823 2019 03 25 125808

P

PBishop

Jun 23, 2018
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Thanks for the welcome and yes I have a 2017 Pioneer 500 in camo: we have put over 5000 kms. on it including a trip across Newfoundland.

I've been lurking for a year or so and the guys on this forum may be good, but they have cost me a fortune in accessories and mods!

View attachment 122156 View attachment 122157
I'm trying to make my own, when ever possible. My is a 2018 in red. The tires are still to good to replace, but will go bigger when they get worn
20190130 121202

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500

View attachment 122156 View attachment 122157
Haha. It doesn’t stop John. Do you have your Chooglin glove box.
My next is a locker and skid. Then maybe ps. Haha
Caper

Reactions: Chooglin
ToolmanJohn

ToolmanJohn

Mar 20, 2018
Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Haha. It doesn’t stop John. Do you have your Chooglin glove box.
My next is a locker and skid. Then maybe ps. Haha
Caper
My hobby is woodworking so I made my own glove box (I had already mounted my GPS where the Chooglin box goes). I designed many of my mods including a hinged rear tire mount, between the seat storage and an upper level rear tray, then had a local welder make them. I'm finished now.......

2019 04 11 111454 2019 04 11 111341 2019 04 11 111332

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
My hobby is woodworking so I made my own glove box (I had already mounted my GPS where the Chooglin box goes). I designed many of my mods including a hinged rear tire mount, between the seat storage and an upper level rear tray, then had a local welder make them. I'm finished now.......

View attachment 122161 View attachment 122162 View attachment 122163
Looks good.
I have my own Lincoln Mig 140.
I’m a joiner by trade. So a little bit of everything. Mostly carpenter. That fits . I’m retired but still do a little.
Did you get my pm. Trying to figure out how to get PBishop and you too.
Caper

Reactions: rtn001 and Mudwing
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!