P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 121397
Good video. Would have been better with a Pioneer 500. :)
We aren’t allowed to drive through streams. We need bridges. Or big fines. We built this one a few years ago. Hopefully it still there this year. :)
Caper

That's BA Caper! Been thinking about building one on my property, it'll be a lot shorter though. Let's see a side pic of that if you have one?

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
2/3 of the folks in the immediate vicinity either harvest or haul water. I'm about 6 miles away and have a decent well.
Holy crap. Water is money. And your lucky you have water then.
We’re lucky up in Nova Scotia. Water everywhere. I have a drilled well at my camp, it hit an underground spring. We never run out.
Thanks
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
339EF1B8 2355 4BDF 99B4 5A2904740923
That's BA Caper! Been thinking about building one on my property, it'll be a lot shorter though. Let's see a side pic of that if you have one?
This is a bit of it. That’s my daughter in the bike. It’s three 2x8’s with 2x4’s for the top. All wolmanized. There has been a lot of bikes across it.
And thanks Trigger. :)
Water comes up almost to the bottom. Cement boxes on both ends. All bolted down. Everything
3 1/2 “ screws
Caper

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
View attachment 121483
This is a bit of it. That’s my daughter in the bike. It’s three 2x8’s with 2x4’s for the top. All wolmanized. There has been a lot of bikes across it.
And thanks Trigger. :)
Water comes up almost to the bottom. Cement boxes on both ends. All bolted down. Everything
3 1/2 “ screws
Caper

Looks like somebody knows how to frame, nice work! ;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Pic of yesterdays ride. My son brought his Yami out, did pretty good and only got stuck once. Shows a good comparison of size too. We went down some trails that he couldn't believe we were going down.

View attachment 121372
Nice trigger...:):cool:

lwhite571

lwhite571

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 8, 2016
Central, IN
Ownership

1. 500
Looks good man, glad you got that wiring figured out. Just an FYI, those bolts that go into the side of the light like to work their way out. Had my light bar hanging by one out on the trail and I know it happened to @jak9922 too. He came up with a fix that I incorporated too and haven't had a problem with it since. If you install a piece of threaded rod between the brackets it stays put. Did the same thing to the curved one I just put on too. ;)

View attachment 121308
Thanks for the info Trigger, I'll keep an eye on it !!!

Reactions: trigger and Caper
Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
Well I got the Moose 2" Receiver mounted on as well as my KFI winch mount. Had a little hiccup with mounting my Superwinch 45 when one of the bolts stripped out. I will have the new parts today and get it mounted and wired. Also added the new windshield wiper. Covers both the driver and passenger pretty well!! And I got my rear seat put together but it isn't installed yet just sitting on the rack. I'm gonna have a friend weld some mounting brackets and a foot platform support bracket (it isn't centered in the picture and I'm waiting for the seat belts to arrive).

Moose 2" Receiver
1195CMP - 2" Receiver Hitch for 2015-2017 Honda Pioneer 500 UTVs | ATV Parts | MFG Supply

KFI Winch mount
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00Q88PAHQ/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Wiper
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07B1Q6J2S/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Rear Seat
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07MZGW1TM/?tag=sxsweb24-20View attachment 121376 View attachment 121377 View attachment 121378 View attachment 121380

Does that rear seat cover the 2" hitch receiver? Interested to see how you attach it. I am planning on doing the same thing with mine.

Reactions: rtn001 and Caper
advertisement
RoadGator916

RoadGator916

Jan 23, 2019
MinneSNOWta
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Does that rear seat cover the 2" hitch receiver? Interested to see how you attach it. I am planning on doing the same thing with mine.

The hitch is just below the bottom of the foot rest. I plan on using the 2" receiver as part of the foot rest support then I could, if I need to, use the 1 1/4 receiver with my 2" adapter and pull a light trailer. With the adapter on it really sticks out from the bike and I worry if you put any heavy trailer on there you could start bending things. But for a light trailer or trailer with my tow dolly it should be fine.

RoadGator916

RoadGator916

Jan 23, 2019
MinneSNOWta
Ownership

1. 500

2. Talon X
Somebody has been busy!

I purchased a heater for the P5 this winter and I didn't have a heated garage with running water to use so that needs to be installed some time as well! No hurry this time of year because I shouldn't need the heater until next fall/winter now, HOPEFULLY.

Last mods will be power steering, heat barrier (happen to have a chunk of 60 mil rubber sitting in my garage) and hopefully tracks and a plow for next winter (if i can afford the damn things). Would love the torque locker as well but I don't feel confident enough to take apart the front end on my own. If I can find a friend that is a little more mechanical then me to help/supervise I may give it a try.

I would have never guessed my Pioneer would be worse then my Harley when it comes to modifications and accessories!

Mudslyder

Mudslyder

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2016
Central Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Been a project for a few weeks..... I wanted a bumper a little different from the ones already out there. I thought the lines of the Pioneer looked pretty mean on the front and wanted a bumper to keep that look. Sent my cardboard model to a buddy, with all the cool metal working toys, and he came back with this! I used 11 gauge for the mount and 14 gauge for the bumper to be stout enough for the winch. Used Rust-Oleum Truck Bed Coating for the finish. Turned out Bada$$!

View attachment 115651 View attachment 115653 View attachment 115654
I am lucky enough to have proto type serial # 2 of the @ALM76 bumper. We found a Rustoleum paint that is very close to the Honda Green. It looks great and fits like a Chooglin glove box. He did an awesome job with design and fabrication. I added some small LED lights and tow hooks. Need to get some mud on it to cover up my bad paint job and over spray. We will be at the take over if you want a closer look.
Thanks again
IMG 6703
IMG 6704
to @ALM76 for all of his hard work.

C

Chooglin

I am lucky enough to have proto type serial # 2 of the @ALM76 bumper. We found a Rustoleum paint that is very close to the Honda Green. It looks great and fits like a Chooglin glove box. He did an awesome job with design and fabrication. I added some small LED lights and tow hooks. Need to get some mud on it to cover up my bad paint job and over spray. We will be at the take over if you want a closer look.
Thanks again View attachment 121636 View attachment 121637 to @ALM76 for all of his hard work.
I would call that a "superduty" bumper, he did a great job!

advertisement