BOX1

P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
@trigger had said the 26's ran a .5" taller. I thought the 25's were right at 25? I dunno. I just came in from running the water filled trails and it performs much better now. Lots of grab and go. Lastly no, I didn't measure the difference. As soon as the older tires were off and the new ones on, I hit the trails a running...
I measured mine with no weight, and they were well over 25. Can't remember how much.
I'm going to pull the trigger (not a @trigger reference) on some tires soon. If I got og BH's, I'd be tempted to just do 25's.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
@trigger had said the 26's ran a .5" taller. I thought the 25's were right at 25? I dunno. I just came in from running the water filled trails and it performs much better now. Lots of grab and go. Lastly no, I didn't measure the difference. As soon as the older tires were off and the new ones on, I hit the trails a running...
I’ve been real happy with my BH’s on the Pioneers I keep in Arkansas and Oklahoma but I’m not happy with them at all on my Pioneer in New Mexico during winter. They aren’t getting rid of the snow, packing up instead and then it’s like I’ve got slicks on and they just spin. So I’m thinking of getting a set of tires (I already have an extra set of rims) that will spin the snow out of the treads that I can put on during winter. Not sure what those will be, going to have to do some research, ask around, check the tires and wheels forum...

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve been real happy with my BH’s on the Pioneers I keep in Arkansas and Oklahoma but I’m not happy with them at all on my Pioneer in New Mexico during winter. They aren’t getting rid of the snow, packing up instead and then it’s like I’ve got slicks on and they just spin. So I’m thinking of getting a set of tires (I already have an extra set of rims) that will spin the snow out of the treads that I can put on during winter. Not sure what those will be, going to have to do some research, ask around, check the tires and wheels forum...
I wonder how those sand paddles would work? Also, why not tracks?

Reactions: Caper
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I measured mine with no weight, and they were well over 25. Can't remember how much.
I'm going to pull the trigger (not a @trigger reference) on some tires soon. If I got og BH's, I'd be tempted to just do 25's.
I did like mine. any more clearance though is a good thing at this point

Reactions: Caper and Backwoods
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I wonder how those sand paddles would work? Also, why not tracks?
Tracks are too expensive and too much trouble to swap. There’s no snow on the ground as often as there is here during winter, but when there is, I could swap all four wheels in 20 minutes. Sand paddles might do it but what does hard pack do to them, I might ride a mile through a foot of snow and then hit a half mile of trail with full exposure to sun and no snow???

Reactions: Caper and Backwoods
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
What's "snow"?:D

What about 2.0's?

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Yes. Always heard they do better in slop and snow than originals.

That's always been my understanding too. Never had a problem with mine cleaning out and they're the 2.0's. I also know for a fact that the 26" 2.0's measure 26.5" with no load on them. ;)

Nashby

Nashby

Feb 4, 2018
Ownership

1. 500
Well got some stickers off the Forum put on, looks pretty good!!
20190409 190915
20190409 190751
20190409 190806

Normanator22

Normanator22

Lifetime Member
Dec 30, 2018
GA
Ownership

1. 500
QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO HAS BEEN TO THE TAKEOVER...with a P500...

Is extra gas necessary? I'm talking about necessary to bring with you for the day because you won't make it back to the truck before running out because the rides get so far away?

I've spent a lot on "extras" lately and would love to save money where I can, but also don't want to run out of gas.

Thanks!

C

Chooglin

Is extra gas necessary? I'm talking about necessary to bring with you for the day because you won't make it back to the truck before running out because the rides get so far away?

I've spent a lot on "extras" lately and would love to save money where I can, but also don't want to run out of gas.

Thanks!
I don't carry any gas with me , unless I eat beans for breakfast........seriously, you should be fine , there are gas stations you can stop at if necessary. I don't think many carry fuel with them (some do).

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
2 riders, low fuel flashed on and off but made it back ok, seemed like a 5 hour ride and I was on the throttle going thru ruts. Fortunately, others in the group had extra gas and water (for a radiator mud wash out for high temp light). One issue was dust build up on a full windshield on a dry stretch of road, got a 1/2 windshield after that.

Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Yes. Always heard they do better in slop and snow than originals.
That's always been my understanding too. Never had a problem with mine cleaning out and they're the 2.0's. I also know for a fact that the 26" 2.0's measure 26.5" with no load on them. ;)
I see your buddies on Oak Island got a Pioneer 1000. Last night sowed them driving it and using the winch. It looked like a commercial, so I’m wondering if it’s just a loaner.
At least it’s Honda. :)
Caper

Reactions: Mudwing and trigger
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Thanks!

I rode the 1st day and only went through about 2.5 g . Went through more the 2nd day on the Jackal ride but never came close to running out. Depending on who you ride with...some carry everything. ;)

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I see your buddies on Oak Island got a Pioneer 1000. Last night sowed them driving it and using the winch. It looked like a commercial, so I’m wondering if it’s just a loaner.
At least it’s Honda. :)
Caper
Been telling you that show is about capitalism. If they ever find the “treasure”, the show ends along with the money it makes.....:D:D

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!