P500 What did you do to/with your Pioneer 500 today?

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Anybody have any idea why they left the opening in the door? Wouldn't have cost more than a few cents to put a full door on...
Honda just wanted to copy a Polaris Ace, so they can sell an accessory lower door piece. LOL. But seriously, some front wheel well protection on the Talon for stick intrusion to the legs might not be bad, (if it only has the thin plastic like the P500), especially since those are higher speed machines.

5FD7FF28 AD93 4803 8E34 AC407E779AB0 C69FE03F 9A69 40E4 9780 19A93E488077

Last edited:
Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
Honda just wanted to copy a Polaris Ace, so they can sell an accessory lower door piece. LOL. But seriously, some front wheel well protection on the Talon for stick intrusion to the legs might not be bad, (if it only has the thin plastic like the P500), especially since these are higher speed machines.

View attachment 129608 View attachment 129609
I like the colour. :)
Caper

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
RMATV and Maxxis covered my tires under warranty and are sending me two new replacements. This is a copy of the Email I sent them. I guess sometimes it's ok to be nice and not loose my temper when dealing with them. I do wish they'd change that damn repeating message over and over while waiting on hold. It's like freaking ear torture...
They did want the other damaged tires back so they sent me a shipping label that covered the costs and are sending me a new set.

"I recently purchased 4 Maxxis Bighorn Radial Tire 26x9-12 on 4/11/19 for my 2017 Honda Pioneer 500. I did a little riding around here on my property and then last weekend I went to ride in Tennessee with friends, where we were mostly riding on national forest service roads and trails. The terrain was mostly clay with some wet and or somewhat rocky conditions. The average speed was around 15-20 mph throughout the weekend and I rarely got into 4th gear. On the first day, I had to put in 7 plugs into the drivers side front tire and on the second day I had to put in ten plugs on the passengers front tire. I use a Tire plug kit made by ARB and all the plugs are very thick and it’s a quality product. This is the second set of Big Horns I had on my 500. The last set were 25 x 9 x 12 on the front and 25 x 12 x 12 on the rear. I still had quite a bit of tread left but I wanted higher clearance with a taller tire and the same size all the way around. I had to plug the last set (the 25’s) only twice in nearly 2500 miles of riding in Idaho, Washington,Wyoming, Colorado, Utah and Arizona as well as here at home in NC. So, I was surprised to get so many pinch flats in the sidewalls on this set, especially since I was running 10 lbs in all 4 tires and only had them a month. The tires themselves are rated a 6 ply, but someone had said to me that the sidewalls may be as thin as 4 ply. I’m wondering if I just got a bad set considering all the miles and varied terrain the others had ridden on and had very few issues. I am hoping they are warrantied and I can get a replacement for the 2 front tires. The one’s in 6 x 9 x 12.
I am attaching pictures of the plugs and my 500. Thank you for your consideration and time.
Sincerely, ....."

rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
My Trigger Shield arrived today. It only took two days. I am going to install it today and test it out tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works for me. Thanks again Trigger. You're O K I don't care what some of the people on here say about you. Lol
IMG 20190517 113142633

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
My Trigger Shield arrived today. It only took two days. I am going to install it today and test it out tomorrow. I'll let you know how it works for me. Thanks again Trigger. You're O K I don't care what some of the people on here say about you. LolView attachment 129683

Wow, that was fast! Install is super easy and it should fit around everything unless you've added something. Even then it's easy to cut with scissors. Let us know how it works for that Florida heat. Thanks rtn!

Caper

Caper

May 3, 2017
Halifax Nova Scotia
Ownership

1. 500
RMATV and Maxxis covered my tires under warranty and are sending me two new replacements. This is a copy of the Email I sent them. I guess sometimes it's ok to be nice and not loose my temper when dealing with them. I do wish they'd change that damn repeating message over and over while waiting on hold. It's like freaking ear torture...
They did want the other damaged tires back so they sent me a shipping label that covered the costs and are sending me a new set.

"I recently purchased 4 Maxxis Bighorn Radial Tire 26x9-12 on 4/11/19 for my 2017 Honda Pioneer 500. I did a little riding around here on my property and then last weekend I went to ride in Tennessee with friends, where we were mostly riding on national forest service roads and trails. The terrain was mostly clay with some wet and or somewhat rocky conditions. The average speed was around 15-20 mph throughout the weekend and I rarely got into 4th gear. On the first day, I had to put in 7 plugs into the drivers side front tire and on the second day I had to put in ten plugs on the passengers front tire. I use a Tire plug kit made by ARB and all the plugs are very thick and it’s a quality product. This is the second set of Big Horns I had on my 500. The last set were 25 x 9 x 12 on the front and 25 x 12 x 12 on the rear. I still had quite a bit of tread left but I wanted higher clearance with a taller tire and the same size all the way around. I had to plug the last set (the 25’s) only twice in nearly 2500 miles of riding in Idaho, Washington,Wyoming, Colorado, Utah and Arizona as well as here at home in NC. So, I was surprised to get so many pinch flats in the sidewalls on this set, especially since I was running 10 lbs in all 4 tires and only had them a month. The tires themselves are rated a 6 ply, but someone had said to me that the sidewalls may be as thin as 4 ply. I’m wondering if I just got a bad set considering all the miles and varied terrain the others had ridden on and had very few issues. I am hoping they are warrantied and I can get a replacement for the 2 front tires. The one’s in 6 x 9 x 12.
I am attaching pictures of the plugs and my 500. Thank you for your consideration and time.
Sincerely, ....."
Congratulations. :)
Caper

Reactions: rtn001 and 100Acre
100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
with tires like that, who needs spacers?

Reactions: Caper and rtn001
rtn001

rtn001

May 23, 2018
Central Florida
Ownership

1. 500
So, I installed my Trigger Shield. I timed it, 6 minutes and it was ready to ride. Three times around the grove, of approximately 14 acres. 25, 39, 35 mph down the back side. A lot less heat. As far as the noise. I'm damn near deaf so how do I know. That being said it did seem to be somewhat quieter but that could be the power of suggestion. Again I must thank Mr. Trigger. Damn nice product and fit. It's been a pleasure doing business with you.

IMG 20190517 141427304

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So, I installed my Trigger Shield. I timed it, 6 minutes and it was ready to ride. Three times around the grove, of approximately 14 acres. 25, 39, 35 mph down the back side. A lot less heat. As far as the noise. I'm damn near deaf so how do I know. That being said it did seem to be somewhat quieter but that could be the power of suggestion. Again I must thank Mr. Trigger. Damn nice product and fit. It's been a pleasure doing business with you.

View attachment 129796

Nice to hear the positive feedback on the heat, especially from you guys that live in it, lol! Thanks @rtn001 . Crudely bench cut and not the prettiest thing in the world, you can be certain it'll fit and work though.
Nice sticker!

ShotgunClay

ShotgunClay

Mar 13, 2018
Founders Ranch New Mexico
Ownership

1. 500
The annual meeting of the New Mexico Shooting Sports Association is being held here tomorrow. So lots of getting ready. Hooked up the big trailer and hauled picnic benches down to the Belle Union Saloon. This little beast really pulls. Previously folks doing the same with the moribund Mule 550's is why winters are spent replacing rear ends on the critters.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2

Sincerely, ....."
Awesome! RMATV kicks ass.

Reactions: Caper and rtn001

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!